Wheel spacers and spigot question

Here you go. The top image shows the spigot, the outer part where the ridge is shows where the wheel sits on it. Then it gets wider and stops the wheel going any further hence I cannot get the wheel to sit flush with the hub until the gold spigot is removed.
Do I need to replace the gold spigot witha spigot that keeps my wheel central on the hub or can I just bolt the wheel on? My head is saying no, get the shallower spigot. If so what what size spigot do I need?
There spigot area that fits within my wheel Centre is 72mm across.
6F99E4AA-EC0C-4483-81CE-FFB3F91F7464.jpeg

D9C52BC9-9FC8-4166-B1F0-B22605BBE764.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
You’d be best to get a correctly sized hub centric ring for your wheels. Measure the size of the hole on the inside of your alloy.

Here you go. The top image shows the spigot, the outer part where the ridge is shows where the wheel sits on it. Then it gets wider and stops the wheel going any further hence I cannot get the wheel to sit flush with the hub until the gold spigot is removed.
Do I need to replace the gol spigot or can I just bolt the wheel on? My head is saying no. If so what what size spigot do I need?

View attachment 93775

View attachment 93776

Thanks. As I said the gold spigot is in effect part of the black spacer, its not a 'normal' spigot ring so definitely needs removing.
Standard cb is 65.1 for t6 iirc, not sure what cb the wolfrace wheels are, should be a common size though as loads run them.

Personally I wouldn’t use that spacer. If your saying it doesn’t fully go back!
Do I need to replace the gol spigot or can I just bolt the wheel on? My head is saying no. If so what what size spigot do I need?

View attachment 93775

View attachment 93776
That actually scares me looking at that. I wonder how you got that gold bit from the spacer :oops:

Really? Are you sure? I wouldnt be using this setup if the wheel isnt flush with the hub. So you are saying there is a gap between the wheel and hub?
When I remove the spacer there is a space behind the wheel as the spigot won’t let the wheel sit flush with the hub.

There should be no space... wheel should sit tight up to hub.
The gold spigot has a ledge on it that stops my wheels sitting flush to the hub. It can be seen in the Image attached.

ED392304-4D3B-44BE-8410-B023A2FEBE5F.jpeg

The gold spacer is designed to be used with the wheel spacers ONLY. If you want to run without the spacer you need to remove the spacers AND the gold spacer and get the hubcentric spacer above I linked to or one like it.

Gents, thanks ever so much for your help, I have been scratching my head for hours on this one. Learnt something else today.

The right spigots have now been ordered. Pics to follow.

Back