Wheel spacers and spigot question

Texxaco

T6 T32 204 DSG on SoLow 3H Air remapped to 257PS
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Afternoon All,

Can anyone help me with my wheel spacers question.

Wheels I have are Wolfrace GTP 20x9 offset 45.

I currently have spacers but want to remove them which I can do no problem.The main issues I have is the gold central space in the Image.
This is what centralises the wheel on the hub however this also doesn’t allow the wheel to sit flush with the hub.
Can it be removed and if so how and lastly will there be any negative effect with it not being there?
Will the wheel bolts be enough to centralise the wheel to the hub?

Thanks all.

33850761-3AF5-4BBA-A481-CBA7081303F0.jpeg

1B59EDF5-D1B8-411E-8D95-219A4B8A06F2.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes it can be removed. It’s hub centric and push fit. (Over time the centre rusts and it will need a Dudley spanner to remove it with a gentle tap).
Be careful the bolts aren’t to long, measure them.
you’ll need the spacer back on if you plan to use the same wheels. As you said it helps centralisation of the wheel.

Thanks @Ukfozzybear

The bolts are too long as I have bought Wolfrace wheel lock nuts which are way shorter. See image.

can the longer bolts be cut short to fit?

image.jpg

I think the std thread length is 30mm.
I’m sure you’ll find some on eBay or here from someone for reasonable.

Like this as per the locking wheel nuts?

image.jpg

Make sure you put the gold ring back on. It helps centralise the wheel on your hub. Without it the wheel could sit not central to the hub and wobble.

This is what centralises the wheel on the hub however this also doesn’t allow the wheel to sit flush with the hub.
Can it be removed and if so how and lastly will there be any negative effect with it not being there?

Really? Are you sure? I wouldnt be using this setup if the wheel isnt flush with the hub. So you are saying there is a gap between the wheel and hub?

@Skyliner33 i had (maybe incorrectly) assumed he meant the spacer is smaller than the hub so there is a step from the shoulder of the alloy down to the spacer then back up to the hub.

I don't think the gold part is a separate spigot ring, I think it is part of the spacer. I believe they are a combined spacer/centre bore adaptor (see pic below).
I assume you will have to remove the black spacer/gold spigot and fit a correct spigot ring for your wheels and shorter bolts.

Screenshot_20201202-133442_Samsung Internet.jpg

@Skyliner33 i had (maybe incorrectly) assumed he meant the spacer is smaller than the hub so there is a step from the shoulder of the alloy down to the spacer then back up to the hub.
If you look on the image the spacers are black. These are to be removed. If I remove the gold hub spacers and then put the wheel back on the hole in the middle of the wheel is larger than where the gold hub centralising spacer is. Will this affect the wheel as the bolts will hold it in place?

I don't think the gold part is a separate spigot ring, I think it is part of the spacer. I believe they are a combined spacer/centre bore adaptor (see pic below).
I assume you will have to remove the black spacer/gold spigot and fit a correct spigot ring for your wheels and shorter bolts.

View attachment 93774
Hi @j4ckal the hub spacer comes off on its own.

If you look on the image the spacers are black. These are to be removed. If I remove the gold hub spacers and then put the wheel back on the hole in the middle of the wheel is larger than where the gold hub centralising spacer is. Will this affect the wheel as the bolts will hold it in place?
You should not use the wheel like this. You will need to buy the correct spigot ring. They are not expensive on eBay and such. You shouldn't use the wheels without these spigot rings

Hi @j4ckal the hub spacer comes off on its own.

Maybe so but it looks they (the black spacer and gold spigot ring) are designed to be used together.
I'd get rid of the spacers and gold spigot ring (i assume if it is separate to the spacer it will have extra depth built into it for the spacer thickness?).
Buy some normal spigot rings to adapt from the T6 65.1cb to your wolfrace wheels and get shorter bolts to suit.

Can you post a pic of the spacer and spigot ring separate? May help clarify.

Also, out of interest, why do you wat to remove the spacers and are they on the f+r or rear only?

:)

Also, out of interest, why do you wat to remove the spacers and are they on the f+r or rear only?

:)
Front and rear. I want to remove them to allow the wheels to tuck under the arches as I have Air suspension.

Back