Wheel arch protection kit

resurrecting a old thread but did anyone with a lwb have any more info? Dealer just messaged me to tell me they will not fit the ones they advertise. I’ve seen some for sale scouring the internet but would like some real examples

I have had a good look at the arch parts and i just cant see why it wouldnt fit ?
The front of the vans (SWB vs LWB) are identical so the only part i can see that could be any different would be if you had a SLD that closed up close to the rear arch on a SWB this would obviously be further away on a LWB, would this mean the leading edge of the rear arch trim wouldnt finish correctly on a LWB ? but @Loz has fitted them to a Cali which has the door on the opposite side so kit works with or without SLD !
Confused ??

I thought the same, the dealer explanation was it was to do with the rear quater panel length. The only thing I can see from loz pics is I think the slight straight edge on rear arch maybe I’m wrong. I’ve been chewing over purchasing these and trying them but to date still not seen a lwb in flesh with them on LWA360 - T6 WHEEL ARCH COVERS LWB 10 PIECES. FITS ALL LONG WHEEL BASE MODELS.

Interesting when you look on their site how many variations there are for T6 LWB, then SWB L/H, R/H and twin slider.

Wouldn't it be nice if they had the side sill extensions to match. Like the big bumper MkII GTI had.

Hi All, new to forum having only had my T6 for a few months i’ve fitted the genuine wheel arch protectors to my LWB. Fronts fitted a treat, rears not so well. Has anyone else fitted to a LWB yet can give some advise? Looked to me that they fitted well when I held up pre-adhesive, however when fitting the top edge wouldn’t seat. Warmed up the mouldings with hairdryer to try and improve flex but didn’t hold, left with g-clamps and masking tape for 12hours but when removed they came away on the top edge! Really annoying cod looked great when you stand back but s*** close up. Help if anyone can?

Remove, clean area, masking mark.. then either 3M tape or sika 221 the on with your clamp

Reactions: F45
They are listed as only fitting SWB but could never figure out why as LWB looks the same/similar, perhaps we have the answer now ??

If you sikaflex them and clamp again you might get them in..

Hi everyone
I just got a set of wheel arch protectors from VW the ones i have so they say are for all T6 range Wrong !!!! my T6 is a twin sliding door the rear arch protector where it meets the bottom of the arch in front of the rear wheel stands off about 3 to 4 mm it can be manipulated with heat and strong bonding but its not right VW have not a clue they only list one kit and are not aware of this problem !!!! but vanstyle list a kit for a twin slider because of this problem that so they say actually fits
regards Dave

Forgive me if I'm wrong but are the VW ones not for specific to the SWB. I think the flaring in the LWB wheel arch maybe slightly wider to compensate for the tapering at the rear of the van.

Alright mate
i,m told today VW only do one kit and its for SWB they dont do one for LWB OR have they got it wrong ???? would not surprise me !!

The VW kit is specifically for a single slider SWB, I know a couple people have fitted them to LWB but think the twin slider is the breaking point

You must be right so why do VW not know this or have i just picked a dope of a parts man who was actually the parts manager !!!!!!!!

Fantastic now I really want hydro dipped long wheelbase wheel arch covers as well because they look awesome....

These are the ones I bought and fitted four months ago, parts label doesn’t differentiate between SWB or LWB ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But I was told the rears would not fit a LWB a few weeks ago when someone was looking at getting some. Just as well I have a SWB.

505346C4-0A17-4D18-A3B5-F7A2CFAE6931.jpeg

Back