VanStyle ABS plastic wheel arch and side mouldings - poor fit?

MurrayT6

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all

I purchased some black ABS plastic side mouldings and wheel arch for my T6.

Having offered them up to the van for a dry fit I'm not very happy with the fitment at all. They don't seem to leave an even panel gap.

I appreciate they are plastic and the fitment with aftermarket parts sometimes pot luck.

Does anyone have any similar experiences with this product? Are the ones on offer from Transporter HQ any different?

20230311_132531.jpg20230311_132555.jpg

I have just purchased some too and think I will be returning them as they are shocking, don’t marry up with each other, the nsr isn’t even the right shape.
How did you get on with yours, did you get them to fit in the end?

I have found that most aftermarket parts, even the expensive big names never fit as good as oem.

Rgm automotive sell and supply oem including vw. I have used them several times over the years and their aftersales service is excellent too.

Rgm automotive sell and supply oem including vw. I have used them several times over the years and their aftersales service is excellent too.
I saw the RGM ones when looking around but I got mine from Van Style as I ordered some other parts at the same time. I’m going to have another look at the weekend.

I saw the RGM ones when looking around but I got mine from Van Style as I ordered some other parts at the same time. I’m going to have another look at the weekend.

Yes mine are still in the box in the shed. Keep trying to convince myself they will look fine once fitted but I'm not so sure. Did you fit or return??

Genuine VW ones are on ebay currently. Tempted by the gloss black ones to hide a scratch on rear arch but not sure how good they will look against deep pearl black without painting.

As has been said previously chances are original ones are made by RGM.

I did have a set for my T5.1 off ebay that were from one of the Turkish disties. Sengi them back as rear arch fitment was poor.

Hi all

I purchased some black ABS plastic side mouldings and wheel arch for my T6.

Having offered them up to the van for a dry fit I'm not very happy with the fitment at all. They don't seem to leave an even panel gap.

I appreciate they are plastic and the fitment with aftermarket parts sometimes pot luck.

Does anyone have any similar experiences with this product? Are the ones on offer from Transporter HQ any different?

View attachment 191674View attachment 191675

Hi Murray, did you fit them? If so how do they look?

I am looking at the RGM ones and the product image doesn't fill me with hope as there are substantial gaps

VW-T6-Body-Moulding-Covers-BMC300.jpg

Hi All, sorry for re-opening an old thread. Did anyone have any luck finding a good ABS arch/moulding kit for T6?

So didn’t end sending the ones I purchased back but I did order some from RGM and the fit is so much better. However it’s not what I would call perfect. There are some gaps but these are to allow the doors to open and close without catching. If I were to take them off and redo them I’d actually paint or wrap the van where the trim ends/meets up so the colour of the van doesn’t show through as much. I tried with a paint pen to cover some of the gaps. Also I’d take the 3m tape off and just use something like tiger seal as it gives you a bit of movement to get the position right. The 3m tape gives no movement to be able tweak the position.
Please excuse the dirty van and clearly I only cleaned the lower part where I was putting the trim, being very lazy!
IMG_5686.jpeg

So didn’t end sending the ones I purchased back but I did order some from RGM and the fit is so much better. However it’s not what I would call perfect. There are some gaps but these are to allow the doors to open and close without catching. If I were to take them off and redo them I’d actually paint or wrap the van where the trim ends/meets up so the colour of the van doesn’t show through as much. I tried with a paint pen to cover some of the gaps. Also I’d take the 3m tape off and just use something like tiger seal as it gives you a bit of movement to get the position right. The 3m tape gives no movement to be able tweak the position.
Please excuse the dirty van and clearly I only cleaned the lower part where I was putting the trim, being very lazy!
View attachment 235657
Hi Andy,

I've bought the RGM set also.. I paid for them nearly week ago and haven't received any update which is little concerning so I'll need call them in new week.

I think it looks great, the gaps don't look too big from this angle at all. I think I will take your advise with the adhesive instead of the 3m tape because I'd be annoyed if I had to heat and peal it off because it bonded instantly in wrong position.

Cheers

No still in the shed! Maybe have a look again this summer and see if they look any better
You've got more willpower than me id probably have stuck them on long before now let me know how it looks when you finally get around to it! cheers, Aaron

Hi Andy,

I've bought the RGM set also.. I paid for them nearly week ago and haven't received any update which is little concerning so I'll need call them in new week.

I think it looks great, the gaps don't look too big from this angle at all. I think I will take your advise with the adhesive instead of the 3m tape because I'd be annoyed if I had to heat and peal it off because it bonded instantly in wrong position.

Cheers
Hi Murray,
I’ve ordered other bits from RGM in the past and they took a while to come. I called them for update and I was told they don’t always have them and they have to make them.
Give them a call, they were helpful when I spoke with them.

Back