Wheel arch protection kit

Jayc

T6 Pro
Hi all,
I've been looking at fitting the plastic wheel arch trims available from vw for my T6 LWB.
They tell me they are not compatible with the LWB?
I can't see any difference in the arch panel between LWB and SWB? I have been to vw and test fitted the arch trim kit and it looks ok to me..maybe a lttle heat to seat correctly due to the flex in the plastic.
Has any one had any experience with these? I do realise this is a very rare option and I've never seen one fitted on the road..
Cheers
Jay

Just fitted some myself to our swb, yes, they need a little heat or a v.hot day like I had.
Also, having seen @Fish's new front end this weekend, I would get them hydro dipped before fitting for an even better look.
IMG_2275.JPG

It's a method of decoration for car parts that involves floating a transfer on water then dipping the part through the transfer so that it wraps around the part, it is then allowed to dry and lacquered for a high gloss finish.

The transfers are normally patterns or pictures.
See this example of @Fish's lower grill.
IMG_2348.JPG

Must've been a pig to handle the bonnet just right to lower it smoothly into the tank.
However, look how easy they dipped the front wings on that video! :rolleyes:

Chris, at Wicked Coatings, did mention that my bonnet would be the last one that they do, as they are very difficult to get right, in one piece. Some companies do it in 3 pieces, which never really line up correctly.

As you may / may not see all I my parts should be running the same direction, from wipers to splitter. This is all convened by the bonnet direction. This includes all cover plates etc.

On top of this the carbon wraps around to the underside of the bonnet and then fades into Gloss black sprayed, adding to the gloss reflection.

20170528_192636.jpg

Well that is a new one on me, I thought about getting wheel arch protectors for mine, wonder if they can be dipped the same colour as mine

Look awesome mate..very subtle. Still don't get what difference is with Lwb.

Look behind the slider on a lwb the gap behind door to wheel arch shows you.. But the difference inside is HUGE.. Park both together and look in hatch...

Back