What's my van worth??

I would check the value on webuyanycar first, that will give you something close to the trade in value and then go from there.

Have a look on motorway.co.uk Their prices seem to be better than webuyanyvan

Reactions: JOG
Hi
Just wanted to know how much will my t6 2017 be worth?
102 ps
9 seats
Need to down grade as vehicle not needed for work.
And also has done 112000 miles
T32
(Just wanted a rough idea)

Depends on many factors, paint, condition, factory extras or mods, colour etc.

My 2016 yellow T6 t32 150ps 6 speed, with 134k miles, I paid 21k for. However that was with as part of the sale from a dealer, new alloys and tyres, lowering springs, clutch and flywheel, sport kit, sidebars, rear main seal, discs / pads, cambelt, adblue pump, software update and water pump.

The van was a basic startline, but had tailgate, electric windows and aircon. Everything else I have added, which had cost me a lot more than the 21k I paid lol.

Depends on many factors, paint, condition, factory extras or mods, colour etc.

My 2016 yellow T6 t32 150ps 6 speed, with 134k miles, I paid 21k for. However that was with as part of the sale from a dealer, new alloys and tyres, lowering springs, clutch and flywheel, sport kit, sidebars, rear main seal, discs / pads, cambelt, adblue pump, software update and water pump.

The van was a basic startline, but had tailgate, electric windows and aircon. Everything else I have added, which had cost me a lot more than the 21k I paid lol.
Thanks for reply

Mine is just basic, very basic no aircon but i would say rest of the vehickle in good nick when washed.lol

I’m going to make a guess in that case at 16k ish for a basic 2017 van. Is it a shuttle? Just edited as noticed you said 9 seats? Twin slider? If its got windows maybe more desirable than a panel van. Check ebay and autotrader and see how they compare to yours.

I’m going to make a guess in that case at 16k ish for a basic 2017 panel van Check ebay and autotrader and see how they compare to yours.
I have to be honest i have a look at auto trader and i see some vans older then mine and the sale prices seem high, then im thinking mine must be worth 25k plus.
I just cant get my head around it.

If I type into ebay 2017 t6, this is the first that comes up for 17k:

I didn’t really look further tbh, but saw a couple of basic vans at dealers for 14ish plus the vat.

Basic panel vans are cheapest, ie startlines without aircon as a lot of people want aircon and extras.

Triendline spec is a bit more expensive but not always.

Highline spec is the nost expensive variant and dsg sometimes also fetches a premium.

Twin slider can add value, as can glass. IE if its a kombi or shuttle.

Aircon adds desirability and potential value.

Barndoors is most common, tailgate vans are more desirable and fetch a premium, as do additional things like cruise, sat nav, multi function wheel etc.

A nice looking basic 17k van with alloys, suspension, sidebars, wheels, colour coded bits and sport bumpers could add a few grand.

When you get into day van or camper conversions the prices start to rocket.

A basic converted 2017 could probably be worth mid to high 20’s with aforementioned external goodies in tow as well.

A full on converted can with cooker, EHU, nice seats and equipment levels, leisure system, pop top and all the bells and whistles with external styling pack even with 100k on the clock etc can be well into 30’s.

Needless to say, low milers like 30k or so also fetch a large premium.

Good luck.

If I type into ebay 2017 t6, this is the first that comes up for 17k:

I didn’t really look further tbh, but saw a couple of basic vans at dealers for 14ish plus the vat.

Basic panel vans are cheapest, ie startlines without aircon as a lot of people want aircon and extras.

Triendline spec is a bit more expensive but not always.

Highline spec is the nost expensive variant and dsg sometimes also fetches a premium.

Twin slider can add value, as can glass. IE if its a kombi or shuttle.

Aircon adds desirability and potential value.

Barndoors is most common, tailgate vans are more desirable and fetch a premium, as do additional things like cruise, sat nav, multi function wheel etc.

A nice looking basic 17k van with alloys, suspension, sidebars, wheels, colour coded bits and sport bumpers could add a few grand.

When you get into day van or camper conversions the prices start to rocket.

A basic converted 2017 could probably be worth mid to high 20’s with aforementioned external goodies in tow as well.

A full on converted can with cooker, EHU, nice seats and equipment levels, leisure system, pop top and all the bells and whistles with external styling pack even with 100k on the clock etc can be well into 30’s.

Needless to say, low milers like 30k or so also fetch a large premium.

Good luck.
Thanks for the information i really appreciate it.

Hi all,

I'm after some guidance in selling my van from you experts!
I'm gutted to have to be selling my van, but after suffering badly with covid and long covid circumstances mean I can't keep it any longer.
It's very low mileage at 10k, and is due a (VW) service, although I've changed the filters and oil every year I've owned it. (3 years - i bought it with 3k on the clock)
Basically I'd be very greatful if you could sense check my valuation of £34k and give me some pointers about whether to remove some of the modifictaions I've had done (or not) to make it sell easier and of course to acheive maxmium value for me.

I've looked after the van well, and it had a full ceramic coat - but being barely used it has to go.
It's a 2.0Tdi startline,with the measly 102bhp engine, but remapped to 160 by Racingline in Milton Keynes .
It has a Webasto diesel heater and Witter (OEM) towbar.
Swivel Passenger Seat.

So a couple of questions:
The service is due - I'd like to keep the VW stamps up but its about £400 - so should I service it before I sell, or maybe just reset the service indicatior? (last service was 3k miles)
The gel coat on the pop top has faded to a light greay - thinking of getting it wrapped at a cost of £300 - is this a smart move to help resell or am I kidding myself?
The Leisure Battery is on the way out - I left the fridge switched on by mistake so it's b*ggered the battery - should I change it or leave it?
It's been customised with hyrdodipped interior trim (gear nob, air vent surrounds, fridge door, filler cap, centre caps) - should i replace these parts of leave them to help with resell.
Wheels - These are non standard and have been hand painted with green on the leading edges - should i change for standard wheels or not?
Interior niggle - one of the LED lights has packed up and I noticed the strip above the door no longer works - should i pay out and get this fixed or do you think someone would overlook
Should i remove the re-map?

So many questions guys, but I'd really appreciate your thoughts and guidance

Thanks

IMG_3248.JPEG

IMG_3450.JPEG

IMG_3451.JPEG

IMG_3452.JPEG

IMG_3453.JPEG

IMG_3682.JPEG

IMG_4127.JPEG

IMG_5764.JPEG

No one can give an accurate valuation on something bespoke. I'd put it up for sale as it is for a price you'd be happy with and see what happens.

As JOG says, don't spend money. Reduce the price if you need to.

i think be honest in the advert and when you get viewers say that you have already deducted £x from the price for the service, new battery etc. The new buyer may not care about the faded roof but I would make it clear you can revert back to original wheels etc as the green is not for everyone.....

i think be honest in the advert and when you get viewers say that you have already deducted £x from the price for the service, new battery etc. The new buyer may not care about the faded roof but I would make it clear you can revert back to original wheels etc as the green is not for everyone.....
Great steer

Hi all, apologies for another ‘what’s my van worth’ question but I’d be grateful for some advice on where to pitch the asking price for my T6.1. It’s only been used as a car so nothing much in the back other than kids bikes.

- T6.1 150PS DSG T32 Highline
- 17,000 miles
- No VAT
- First Registered Dec 2019 (7 months warranty remains)
- Indium Grey
- Owned since June 2020, ex demo from VW Liverpool
- Discover Media with Nav
- Rear View Camera
- Carpet floor covering in cab
- Heated Seats
- 2+1 rear seats
- Electric twin sliding doors
- LED Headlights
- Gloss Grilles
- Lower Splitter
- Rear Spoiler
- Professionally sound proofed and carpeted
- Rear Speakers
- Detachable Tow Trust tow bar (never used)
- KW V1 Coilovers (fitted by Bognor Motors in April 2021)
- Judd T311R alloys (fitted by Bognor Motors in April 2021)

Thanks

Mike

B4DC1195-EBED-4ADD-88C5-2901A6D24F5C.jpeg

DA33F310-2A18-4727-8341-C2FC023BC16E.jpeg

55E4940D-AC32-42DC-88F7-042F6436C868.jpeg

05A47AF8-F718-4807-8AF6-718B4FEAC638.jpeg

Back