What TV are you watching??

@Cuffy - There's some seriously dark stuff there (not least the prospect of the rugby 3rd place non-event!). I probably wouldn't sleep too well after watching any of that lot.

Reacher Season 2 will be on Prime 15th December
@Loz
Gary Oldman returns for the third season of Slow Horses
Apple TV 1st December

Reactions: Loz
Just finished The Steel town murders - Cheers @Ghost for the recommendation.
Just started:
Bodies (Netflix)

Has anybody else been watching True Detective Night Country... I've tried but what an angry plodding steaming mess with characters you have absolutely no engagement or empathy with apart from the young policeman Pryor.
Starts off in a similar vein to the film "The Thing" but promptly stifles any explosive action or suspense and goes off the rails by endlessly focussing on the mental health problems suffered by the local poorly integrated native locals who may or may not be going mad.
At this point I've bailed and glad I didn't pay to stream this rubbish, in other news though:-
Monsieur Spade... great
Death and Other Details... meh at times with distracting rumpy pumpy. :whistle:
Percy Jackson and the Olympians... I know, kids/family entertainment and I'm an old git but great stuff!
Masters of the Air... 'kin brilliant... makes every generation since look pretty lightweight.
The Irrational... back on after screen writers strike.
Artful Dodger... this was just after Christmas but proper family entertainment with decent comedic timing and a breakneck plot at times!

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
I am watching : Forst ( not Frost ) bit strange but ok.
Reacher
Oak Island ( watched for many years can’t stop now )
Seal Team - getting fed up with it. To much personal stuff and not enough killing the baddies
And Trigger Point which was good

Last edited:
Forgot about Reacher, good call, as for baddies getting their comeuppance I think re-runs of "Justified" plus last year's return of the series with "Justified: City Primeval" where the baddies get away with it only for a while.:geek:

Has anybody else been watching True Detective Night Country... I've tried but what an angry plodding steaming mess with characters you have absolutely no engagement or empathy with apart from the young policeman Pryor.
Starts off in a similar vein to the film "The Thing" but promptly stifles any explosive action or suspense and goes off the rails by endlessly focussing on the mental health problems suffered by the local poorly integrated native locals who may or may not be going mad.
At this point I've bailed and glad I didn't pay to stream this rubbish, in other news though:-
Monsieur Spade... great
Death and Other Details... meh at times with distracting rumpy pumpy. :whistle:
Percy Jackson and the Olympians... I know, kids/family entertainment and I'm an old git but great stuff!
Masters of the Air... 'kin brilliant... makes every generation since look pretty lightweight.
The Irrational... back on after screen writers strike.
Artful Dodger... this was just after Christmas but proper family entertainment with decent comedic timing and a breakneck plot at times!
Nothing will ever beat the first series of True Detective

The Gentlemen here too. It's Guy Richie. It is what it is.
Constellation. Now this has grabbed me. Spooky Space Story about alternate dimensions. :D
The Regime. Kate Winslet looks well hot and is hilarious cast as a neurotic dictator. A real suprise. Absolutely loving it and especially her. :thumbsup:
Dick Turpin. Don't. Just don't. :think smile bounce:

Last edited:
Watched
Kin - Excellent (BBC iplayer)
Payback - Not too bad, bit slow but good story line. (ITVX)
Crime - Very good, quite dark but gritty. (ITVX)
The sixth commandment - Very good. (BBC iplayer)

In Progress
Trigger Point

To do list
The Gentleman.

Will Trent season 2
Halo season 2
Got to start The Gentlemen still but did like the film.
Then I'll be honest I've been plundering BBC iPlayer for Hidden Assets season 2, Walter Presents on 4OD/All4 for various Euro and Scandi noir plus looking for stuff produced by Acorn for some comfort viewing.
To that end there's a second season of Mme Volpe coming soon along with season three of Whitstable Pearl and season three Dalgleish... do like a bit of cosy murder and mayhem.

Currently watching Shogun and Manhunt (Abraham Lincoln assassination).

Just finished masters of the air, the gentleman.

About to start 3 body problem.

Can't wait for Fallout, looks epic. I'm a massive Walton Goggins fan, loved Justified and the new Series.

The Brothers Sun was pretty good too.

Absolute must watches:

The last of us
Andor
Slow horses
Ted Lasso
For all Mankind
The bear

I gave Dick turpin about 5 minutes and turned it off, utter shite. :rofl:

Spotted Walton Goggins a few weeks back when we were watching the original Bourne Identity film, he was one of the rotten apples trying to finish off Matt Damon.
Have to say he had less hair back in the 90s and that became a bit of a search in the various seasons of Justified to see how the transplant was going, great to see him escape from the prison van at the end of City Primeval and more potential Boyd action.
Dewey Crowe popped up, doing an English accent this time in The Artful Dodger and quite an unpleasant character compared to his Justified character.

I’ve started Beef on Netflix. If you like a comedic drama with unseen twists and turns, then you’ll probably enjoy it.

I’ve started Beef on Netflix. If you like a comedic drama with unseen twists and turns, then you’ll probably enjoy it.
Beef was amazing.

I can remember when Netflix was a DVD rental service (by post). They’ve come a long way.

I wish they would bring back Sense8 for just one more season. It was one of the first series we watched on Netflix, took a while to get int, but we really loved it. It ended too abruptly for my liking.

With a lot of the streaming services their early days were pretty fragile, we were mildly put out when The Expanse faltered at three seasons but apparently Mr Bezos liked that show too so we got a bit more.
I don't know how much longer conventional free to air TV will survive as the joy of no adverts and a 90 minute film not lasting over two hours mean you can watch more than just the head exploding blockbuster for the evening if you wanted.

A Perfect Planet
A spy Among Friends S1
A Spy Amongst Friends
Ahsoka S1
Altered Carbon S1-2
Andor S1
Baptiste S2
Better Call Saul
Billions
Blacklist Redemption
Blacklist S1-9
Boardwalk Empire
Book of Boba Fet
Bosch Legacy
Bosch S1-7
Carnival Row
Chernobyl
Clarkson’s Farm S1-2
Cobra S1-3
Continental
Counterpart S2
Crossing Lines S1-3
Das Boot S2
Deadwood S1
Devils
Discovery of Witches S1-3
Django S1
Domina
Drive to Survive
Drops of God
Echo 3
Expanse S1-6
Extrapolations
Extrapolations
Fargo
FBI Most Wanted S1
For All Mankind S3
For All Mankind S4
Foundation S2
Gangs of London S2
Gomorra S1-5
Grand Tour Sand Job
Happy Valley S1-3
Hijack
His Dark Materials S3
Homeland S1-8
House of Cards
House of Cards S1-6
House of the Dragon S1
Invasion
Invasion S2
Jack Ryan S3
Jack Ryan S4
Justified
Killing eve
Lessons in Chemistry
Liason
Litvinenko
Long Way UP
Mandolorian S3 (Where does The Mandolorian fit in the Starwars timeline)
Manifest S3
Manifest S3
Mare of Eastown
Monarch Legacy Of Monsters
Mosquito Coast S1-2
Narcos S1-3
Obi-Wan Kenobi S1
Outlander S1-7
Patriot S2
Peaky Blinders S1-2
Perry Mason
Picard S3