What TV are you watching??

Just finished 1883. Really enjoyed it, but the last couple of episodes are a tough watch if you’re a parent.

We thought 1883 was brilliant (me in particular as the 'real' old west has fascinated me since I was a small kid). 1923 is equally as good. For various reasons, we had never got around to watching Yellowstone but have now started to rectify that and am currently at mid-Season 1. It's turned out to be a very good watch but I'm kind of glad that we saw other two before it (but that's not essential).

We're going through the tunnel to start a European road trip on Sunday and will therefore be away when the final episodes of a few current series air. We've therefore saved this weeks penultimate episodes as well so that we can watch them together ( namely, Special Ops: Lioness, Justified: City Primeval, Dark Winds and Bay of Fires - the latter in particular might have flown under your personal radar but is recommended).

We finally got to the last two episodes of Colin From Accounts last night brilliant well written and performed laugh out loud fun every episode - if you liked it I also recommend another Australian comedy, Fisk, which we missed when it first aired in 2021 but have now started. On the evidence of the past few years, the Aussies seem to be turning out some cracking TV shows with those two along with Bay of Fires being recent examples .

Deadloch was pretty bonkers, entertaining, laugh out loud at times and very Tasmanian Australian, anything with Mystery Road in the title is good here but no laughs, just gritty bloody minded cop stuff.
Dark Winds season two with retro Navajo cop Joe Leaphorn is on our current watchlist too along with Justified-City Primeval, I hadn't seen any of the previous Justified seasons and assumed wrongly that Timothy Elephant was reprising his role of town sheriff in the Mandalorian series.

Maybe I didn't give it enough time but we binned Deadlocc half way through the 2nd episode.
The role played by Timothy Elephant (I think he uses Olyphant as his stage name) in The Madalorian is a carbon copy of his earlier part as Raylan Givens in Justified which has been one of my favourite TV shows of all time since it first aired - I saw the first couple of episode when I was in The US on a job and got hooked immediately (TBH, he's also quite similar as the town marshall (Seth Bulloch) that he did in Deadwood!). I just can't recommend Justified highly enough - at it's heart it's an old fashioned western with Raylan as the gunfighting US Marshal and a whole string of baddies who all think they're smarter and faster on the draw than him but never are. It's also sometimes very funny (in a dark way).

Anyone watching Boiling Point on BBC 1

Nearly all the reviews I’ve seen are positive, But after watching the first episode last night, not much really happened, I’m halfway into episode 2, and still not much going on.
There’s a fantastic cast, Stephen Graham, Hannah Walters, Ray Panthaki.

Anyone know it’s worth watching or not?

Anyone watching Boiling Point on BBC 1

Nearly all the reviews I’ve seen are positive, But after watching the first episode last night, not much really happened, I’m halfway into episode 2, and still not much going on.
There’s a fantastic cast, Stephen Graham, Hannah Walters, Ray Panthaki.

Anyone know it’s worth watching or not?
Same here, it’s a follow up from the film. You probably need to watch the film first.

7 Days on Mars (Prof Cox docu)
A Perfect Planet
Baptiste S2
Better Call Saul
Billions
Blacklist Redemption
Blacklist S1-9
Boardwalk Empire
Book of Boba Fet
Bosch S1-7
Carnival Row
Chernobyl
Clarkson’s Farm
Cobra S1-2
Counterpart S2
Deadwood S1
Devils
Discovery of witches
Domina
Drive to Survive
Expanse S1-6
Fargo
FBI Most Wanted S1
For All Mankind S3
Foundation
Gomorra S1-5
House of Cards
Invasion
Justified
Killing eve
Long Way UP
Manifest S3
Mare of Eastown
Mosquito Coast S1-2
Narcos
Obi-Wan S1
Outlander S6
Patriot S2
Peaky Blinders S1-2
Perry Mason
Pickard S2
Project Blue Book
Ptolemy Grey S1
Raised by Wolves
Resident Alien S1-2
Riviera S1-3
Roswell NM S3
Secret State
See
See S2
Severance S1
Slow Horses S1
Sopranos S1-6
Squid Game
Star-trek Discovery S1-4
Tales from the Loop
Tehran S1-2
The Equalizer S1-2
The Gilded Age S1
The Ipcress File
The Landscapers
The Last Panthers
The Lazarus Project
The lost symbol
The Mandolorian
The North Water
The Orville S3
The Queens Gambit
The Range
The Staircase
The Terror
The Tourist
The Truth S2
The Tunnel
The Undoing
The wheel of time S1
Tin Star S1-2
Travellers
Upload S1-2
Vigil
Vikings S1-6
We own this City S1
Westworld S4
Your Honour
zerozerozero
The White Lotus S1
SAS: Rogue Warriors (documentary)
SAS: Rogue Heroes S1 (Drama series)
The Crown S4
Manifest S3
Stanley Tucci - Searching for Italy S2
The English
Shantaram
The Peripheral
Gangs of London S2
Resident Alien S2
The White Lotus S2
The Crown S5
Totems
The Terminal List S1
His Dark Materials S3
Mosquito Coast S2
Slow Horses S2
Echo 3
Jack Ryan S3
Litvinenko
Stonehouse
Stranger Things S3
The Rig
A Spy Amongst Friends
Stranger Things S4
Happy Valley S1-3
The Handmaid's tale S1-5
Clarksons Farm S2
Surgeons at the edge of life
The Last of Us
The Gold
Mandolorian S3 (Where does The Mandolorian fit in the Starwars timeline)
Truth Be Told S3
Andor S1
Extrapolations

Picard S3
Rabbit Hole
The Bay
Ten Pound Poms
Django S1
Succession S4
Steeltown Murders
The Equalizer S3
Drops of God
Silo S1
Jack Ryan S4
Wire in the Blood S6
World on Fire S2
The Bay S1-4
Extrapolations
Recently Finished
Hijack
Liason
Strange New Worlds S1
Foundation S2
Whitehouse Plumbers
Yellowstone S1-5(pt1)
Ahsoka S1
Three Pines

Now watching
Invasion S2
Das Boot S2

Next up
Continental
Cobra S3
Upload S3
Bosch Legacy
Slow Horses S3
For All Mankind S4

Waiting for
Yellowstone S5(pt2)
The Old Man
1883 (TV Series 2021–2022) - IMDb
Mosquito Coast S3

Last edited:
Got the last episode of The Long Shadow to watch, have to say that I am mightily impressed with this adaptation.

Lupin season 3
Irrational
Loki season 2
Our Flag Means Death season 2
Justified season 3 as the wife has a Timothy Elephant fixation after watching City Primeval, apparently grey hair is better than no hair:(:geek:
Watched Black Snow a few weeks back and it's now on the BBC I player, definitely worth a watch with shades of Mystery Road with surly locals and out of town conflicted detective!

@Loz. We're only just starting Season 2 of Yellowstone but it's great - maybe I've misunderstood but are you aware that there's still the second half of Season 5 still to be aired ? I believe there's a further 6 episodes in the can. In case you don't know, Bosch Legacy Season 2 starts this coming Friday.
@Stay Frosty. It's not just a bald thing - I've got grey hair (albeit a No.2) and am devastatingly good looking but my Mrs still seems to fancy Timothy Olyphant more than she does me. Of course, I had to point out to her she's too old for him!

I'd call him Oilyphant but since letting her watch him blow holes in all the baddies (have to admit that part never gets old and think of the money saved on prison accomodation) I've managed to get a 2kw inverter and some replacement floorstander speakers... If his shirt gets ripped off I reckon I might get them Judd's after all. :whistle: :geek:

On ITV4 last night, Thursday 19/10/23.
Guy takes on Amazon, sells drivers Piss, on Amazon, refuses unions, shocking!!!!!
You really have to watch where George Orwellian 'Amazon' is taking the community you thought you were part of.
Amazon 'Buyer be ware. Alexa etc etc
Big Brother is controlling your lounge, your kids and your shopping. Is this right?
Have your say. See the program and get wise.

On ITV4 last night, Thursday 19/10/23.
Guy takes on Amazon, sells drivers Piss, on Amazon, refuses unions, shocking!!!!!
You really have to watch where George Orwellian 'Amazon' is taking the community you thought you were part of.
Amazon 'Buyer be ware. Alexa etc etc
Big Brother is controlling your lounge, your kids and your shopping. Is this right?
Have your say. See the program and get wise.
For anyone interested it was called "The Great Amazon Heist" and was on Channel 4, not ITV4

Cheers fella, got The woman in the wall on the go at the moment, that'll be up next.

Tulsa King
Typical Stallone, but quite fast paced and I'm enjoying it way more than I thought I would.

Recently finished:
The Long Shadow
The woman in the wall
Both excellent.
Every game of the Rugby WC
In progress:
The Reckoning (Saville was one f*****d up individual)
To do list:
The Steel town Murders
Rugby WC Final and the dirge that will be the 3rd place play off.

Back