Best way of sorting 7 pin towbar electrics ? 2019 Highline T6

lucky13

VIP Member
So i’ve got a 2019 T6 with reversing sensors and need to add the 7 pin electrics for my Witter none removable tow bar, what’s the best electrical kit or way of doing it ?

I’d really prefer not to run a cable all the way from the battery if possible and ideally just tap into the rear lights or is that impossible ?

Does your van have towbar prep?

If you are not sure than a perk of VIP Membership is that @Pauly can provide your build sheet from your VIN that should tell you.

Generally speaking in modern canbus vehicles tapping directly into the lighting is not the best way, better to get a vehicle specific kit that works with your electronics. You still need to the trailer detection to work so that when the trailer is connected your van rear fogs are disabled and don't dazzle you and also your reversing sensors are disabled.

For 7 pin with bypass box you'll need a 10a supply to power it. If you have rear accessory socket use that otherwise try to find power under passenger seat. Failing that you're going to have to head to fuse box. For the signal feeds just tap into rear lights.. That's what I did on t5.1 and was fine for years.

Back