What splitter / front spoiler is this?

Definitely is. Leighton Vans.

Someone on here spotted someone else selling them.. I’ll have a scout in my old posts to see if I can fine it..

I’ve got one that I’ll be putting up for sale (once back home from hols) if you want to save a few quid - it’s primed and painted black.

Drop me a PM and I’ll send you a link to some photos.

Has anyone ever modified or knows a company that can make custom grills. I have a LV van and would like to fill in the opening of the splitter as in my opinion it just looks like something is missing. I have seen honeycomb ABS plastic sheets on line but these are not the right length to complete in one piece. I also feel that honeycomb may not be the best look ether; I was more after bars to keep the OEM grill theme.

I may just be over thinking this but would be keen to find out if anyone else has attempted and grill modification.

LV Splitter .jpg

You can buy the spar in the lower grill just above the upper parking sensors could this not be trimmed down and fitted?

Has anyone ever modified or knows a company that can make custom grills. I have a LV van and would like to fill in the opening of the splitter as in my opinion it just looks like something is missing. I have seen honeycomb ABS plastic sheets on line but these are not the right length to complete in one piece. I also feel that honeycomb may not be the best look ether; I was more after bars to keep the OEM grill theme.

I may just be over thinking this but would be keen to find out if anyone else has attempted and grill modification.

View attachment 35134

Strangely, someone asked me something on a similar line to this last night. Anything is possible when it comes to modifying plastic or fibreglass, you only have to take a look at Hinkley Campers own WRX T6 to see just how extreme modifications to grills and bumpers can go.
This isn't a new thing. I remember back in my MK1 Golf days, a mate of mine took 2 GTI grills and removed the VW badge to create a de-badged front grill using slats from the other grill. He used a soldering iron and zip ties to plastic weld the whole thing together making a very nice job of it.

Zombie_T6 ........ why did you have to say that ....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: i have fitted the OEM DRL and had the old ones kicking around the garage until i got sick and binned them :cry::cry: .. best start looking for some more as that's a good idea all i would have needed was the center section which would be that expensive ... sometimes i could kick myself

thanks

Hi All. I hired an LV rental last weekend and really liked the splitter on the van.. not too big , not too small.. LV say they can fit one for 695 which seems a bit much.. Can these be sourced else where? many thanks Simon

I seem to recall a few years ago when I first bought my van, enquiring with LV direct over selling me a splitter. They said they designed and developed it for fitting only to their own vehicles and you could only get one by buying their vans. They had a cock and bull story about how, if they sold me one I could copy it and then start selling them. I pointed out if I was that desperate to do that I could just buy one of their vans, take it off, sell the van, and still copy it for very little outlay, and that they needed to standup when they spoke as their voice was all muffled. No surprise then that I ended up with a Maxton, and personally far prefer it.

From the ad above,

*THIS IS A RAW PRODUCT
MAY NEED SOME EXTRA FILLING AND PRIMED WORK
*IT COMES UNPAINTED
*ITEM NEEDS TO BE PREPARED
BEFORE INSTALLATION
(SANDING, FILLING)

My trusted bodyshop tells me not to waste my money on GRP.

Hi all,

I would really like a little advice from any experts out there. I recently caught the front splitter on a tree stump and it made quite a bit of damage. I am trying to find a replacement but unsure of the type and where I could purchase from.

I have attached some photos and I’m wondering if anyone could help me ?

Regards

James IMG_5414.jpeg

IMG_5413.jpeg

Back