What sockets and switches do you use?

Graeme_B

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I'm moving back through the van and once speakers and leisure battery is in place ill look to establish all loads from the 12 way fuse box.

I've got an idea of the types of socket i need but wondered if anybody has views on brands to use or avoid?

Also anybody got anything out or the ordinary they want to share?

Open to ideas of what has worked for people!

Quite like the idea of being able to switch the plates behind the frames as this will future proof from changing type of adaptor. Mini USB may not be around forever!

Cheers

Looks like we're at a similar stage :)

I haven't seen any negative reviews on brands etc. I think i'm more inclined to buy bits from known sellers.

What setup have you got? As in units etc.

I'm installing a 130 bed with slimline units as have planned for a twin USB on the passenger side (probably CBE/C-line), a switch panel on the units which will house another twin USB and 12v socket. Then a final twin USB and 12v on the back of the units by the tailgate. Again probably CBE/C-line to keep things neat.

That the 12v stuff anyway.

Good luck with the build

Hey, tbh @Leighjcj we have decided to get things done we know we want/need and to figure out where to go next.

We are booked in for low life roof (2 kids) and know we need decent insulation (want to go snowboarding in alps), leisure battery, charging, solar and hookup so working towards that. Got a fair idea of sockets (240v - b pillar base, rear quarter and kitchen area/usb c pillar, rear and kitchen/12v kitchen and rear) and lighting (6 led main area, 2 touch control led in tailgate, 2 reading lights in pop top somehow).

If we want to go away at that stage we can manage a blow up behind the kombi 2nd row. I really like the idea of a wallas duo but we need 130 bed so its a case of being in the van and seeing what will work. Will prob do rib 130 with evo units, we may end up with underfloor heater and maybe a foldy hob/sink. Also considering tourneo custom seats in 2nd row but thats a way off. Finding it best to break the project down into stages of build.

Back