What other vehicles do you have on your drive other than your T6?

BiTurbo

Heavy Plant Inspector
VIP Member
T6 Guru
This is my first none Vauxhall motor in nearly 25 years. Vauxhalls include two Carlton GSi's one Senator and two Vectra Supertouring's one of which I still own.

So what other vehicles do you drive?

Hi BiTurbo I have a T25 camper, mk1 golf 16v Gti, Sri insignia and a ford mondeo that's used solely for work commute

A 180ps T5 LWB High-top camper and a VW that will be 70 years old this month.

Rod

A 180ps T5 LWB High-top camper and a VW that will be 70 years old this month.

Rod
Looks like I have some competition for top VW fan spot lol! You have nearly owned as many VWs as me, but not quite!:p Welcome to the forum, it's an awesome place.

Looks like I have some competition for top VW fan spot lol! You have nearly owned as many VWs as me, but not quite!:p Welcome to the forum, it's an awesome place.

It all began in November 1968 with a 1964 1200cc Beetle, that was followed by a 1968 1500cc Beetle, which you will find in vintage footage of the VW Action engine change competition. Whilst owning the 1500 we also owned a 1949 Beetle which you can find on 'The Samba' website register (TheSamba.com :: Volkswagen Classifieds, photos, shows, forums, and information) with chassis number 1-101991.
You've seen the camper history in my signature but there are four Type 4s (not T4s) involved along the line plus a very short ownership of a 1977 Bay window panel van.
Both our sons have owned Polos, Golfs, Jettas, Tourans, Audis and a Type 25 (T3), their current vehicles are a 2016 Golf GTD, 2015 Golf GTE (Featured in Volkswagen Driver magazine) the Type 25 and a Q3.

For those interested in the early cars visit www.historicvws.co.uk.

Rod

My VWs;

Mk2 GTi
Passat Estate 1.8 (awful)
Mk3 GTI 16v
Mk4 R32
T5.1 California 180 4motion
T6 California 204 4motion

My family have owned loads too including the 7th mk1 GTi in the U.K. (Dad).

All I can say is that I am clearly in the wrong job, as the only vehicle on my drive is my T32 Kombi. Can't afford anything else. But at least that makes my T6 realise that she is my special little lady and I would never foul our relationship by being a bigamist and making her share the drive with some other trollop.
Ok so I also have a blue light unmarked response car, but that's for work and I don't own it, and my lady knows that it is purely there to block the gate and protect her honour!

It all began in November 1968 with a 1964 1200cc Beetle, that was followed by a 1968 1500cc Beetle, which you will find in vintage footage of the VW Action engine change competition. Whilst owning the 1500 we also owned a 1949 Beetle which you can find on 'The Samba' website register (TheSamba.com :: Volkswagen Classifieds, photos, shows, forums, and information) with chassis number 1-101991.
You've seen the camper history in my signature but there are four Type 4s (not T4s) involved along the line plus a very short ownership of a 1977 Bay window panel van.
Both our sons have owned Polos, Golfs, Jettas, Tourans, Audis and a Type 25 (T3), their current vehicles are a 2016 Golf GTD, 2015 Golf GTE (Featured in Volkswagen Driver magazine) the Type 25 and a Q3.

For those interested in the early cars visit www.historicvws.co.uk.

Rod
I probably know you from other VW forums? Some of my other dubs can be found in pics on the link shared by Ratty above. Welcome fellow VEE DUB addict!

Apologies for straying into non VW territory but...a whining noise is coming from the fan belt area of the BMW. Gets noisier as you rev.
Sounds like it needs an adjustment or possibly a new bearing. Not driving an hour each way for my "local" dealer to check it but it's due a service next month. For the mechanics out there, this doesn't sound t all serious does it?

Sounds as if the belt is slipping on the alternator. Not an immediate issue, but if it throws the belt then you'll loose all ability to charge the battery, which at this time of year gets a hammering due to lighting, heating etc.

Apologies for straying into non VW territory but...a whining noise is coming from the fan belt area of the BMW. Gets noisier as you rev.
Sounds like it needs an adjustment or possibly a new bearing. Not driving an hour each way for my "local" dealer to check it but it's due a service next month. For the mechanics out there, this doesn't sound t all serious does it?
Whining or screeching?
Screeching implies belt slip as DaveyB says but whining might be a bearing, or perhaps low on power steering fluid.
I changed an idler pulley for this reason on a Discovery II

Whining or screeching?
Screeching implies belt slip as DaveyB says but whining might be a bearing, or perhaps low on power steering fluid.
I changed an idler pulley for this reason on a Discovery II
More of a whine than a screech; not the usual fan belt slipping noise.

Took it to my local garage where the Subaru gets serviced; they reckon it's the alternator... Taking it in on Monday to get it sorted. An hour each way, a day "off" work. Grrrr...

Well @Polzeylad it'd be rude not to, especially if you've taken time off to do so. Enjoy.:thumbsup:
Love turning a drama into an opportunity :thumbsup:

My dads van needs a total gearbox rebuild (T4 Caravelle converted to a camper) - £3k and they really don't have a lot of money. Far more painful. Lending him out Subaru while its being done.

Last edited:
Just had the missus Golf TDGTI serviced and MOT'd. Thinking of trading both hers and my C63 in for something new. They have one of the new Golf GTI Clubsports in the showroom..... what a great looking car...... what do people think???
IMG_0461.JPG IMG_0462.JPG

Back