What other cars do you own?

I have taken a couple of Porsche scalps in the, ahem "other" car but the current crop are all really quick.
Could keep a standard Boxster behind but that's about it.

A guy had a fairly old 997 Carrera 4S at the track day I did; my word he was QUICK! Not just the car, he was very good too. Almost 10s quicker than me (I got 1m34s I think)! Mind you I need a lot more practise; keep bottling the two bonkers corners!

I have taken a couple of Porsche scalps in the, ahem "other" car but the current crop are all really quick.
Could keep a standard Boxster behind but that's about it.

A guy had a fairly old 997 Carrera 4S at the track day I did; my word he was QUICK! Not just the car, he was very good too. Almost 10s quicker than me (I got 1m34s I think)! Mind you I need a lot more practise; keep bottling the two bonkers corners!

The Boxster may not be that quick in a straight line but when you get to the twisty stuff there isn't much that can keep up IMO.

I think that the 997.2 is at the current sweet spot for 911 looks and affordability...

Cross country it's a quick car. But it's not about the speed, more the feeling.

Agreed, I wanted a soft top, it's more than quick enough to loose your licence on UK roads, and the sound of the flat six never fails to bring a smile...

If you do have to sell up you should make a good profit on yours with current air cooled prices...

The Boxster may not be that quick in a straight line but when you get to the twisty stuff there isn't much that can keep up IMO.

I think that the 997.2 is at the current sweet spot for 911 looks and affordability...
My uncle had one (Boxster); loads of grip and a great chassis. Agree about the 997.2; probably a GTS as I prefer RWD to 4wd (in the turbo and Carrera 4).

Such a shame the Cayman/Boxster have gone 4 pot turbo'd. I don't care how quick they are, it's just not right.

Adding turbos to the 991 Carreras seems to have worked better.

How fast is a Porsche well this Porsche 935 - Wikipedia was the quickest I ever saw. I went to the first Silverstone Six Hour Race and the Porsche's Clutch blew on the start Ickx & Mass fiddled with it and it moves a little then pushed it around the circuit to the pits. Two hours later it fly's out of the pit's like a scalded cat on fire and them proceeded to un-lap itself. I saw one car come onto Hanger Straight and was half way down when Ickx came on to the straight. By the time the other car had got to the end of the straight he had passed it and was heading to the next bend. I think it was un-lapping itself ever two laps at one stage. Best drive ever with Ronnie Peterson coming home third or fourth in a BMW whoalso won it with a BMS CSL

I WILL have a 911 at some stage. Always loved them. I think 993 or 997 would do nicely.
Just depends how big you are for a 993, I'm just over 1.8 tall and found it really tight, in fact too tight to buy unfortunately after I had flown to Dusseldorf to look at one as well.
996/997 no problem

Just depends how big you are for a 993, I'm just over 1.8 tall and found it really tight, in fact too tight to buy unfortunately after I had flown to Dusseldorf to look at one as well.
996/997 no problem
I am of Chris Harris stature (but not ability); 5'8", 11.5 stone. I fit in anything!

Being of reduced stature isn't often handy but it has its uses. Handy for surfing too!

Back