What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fixed my sliding window leak.

No, seriously.

Right then.

"New (old) and improved™" window seals with 4mm foam cord inserts, fitted fully to both sliding windows.

Drivers side front drain now fully sealed, had to seal up new leaks twice after the first application of sealant.

And... Success.

The drivers side is now now longer leaking at all down the inside of the door panel. It's somehow getting in between the main glass frame and the door which does mean the water is draining into the door handle catch and out the bottom drain via the pipe, as well as draining from the exterior drain... BUT no water is getting inside. Which is the main thing!!

I've just doused the windows in about the average rainfall for a UK summers day in 5 mins, and apart from a tiny bit of water on the upright front section on the drivers side (which will drain like the water from the main drain hole) it's watertight!!!

Last edited:
Put 10 litres of AdBlue in the correct tank, van tells me it's good for 5000 miles now. Don't know whether that's 5000 miles before the next warning appears, or 5000 miles total before it won't go?

Also installed my dashcam that was previously in my MX-5, No fancy wiring harness, just ran the cable round the windscreen and into a USB adaptor in the centre socket on top of the dashboard. Surprised to discover the socket is permanently live, all previous vehicles we have had the sockets have been ignition controlled.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
Put 10 litres of AdBlue in the correct tank, van tells me it's good for 5000 miles now. Don't know whether that's 5000 miles before the next warning appears, or 5000 miles total before it won't go?
Daft question. Do I presume if my 2016 t6 doesn’t have obvious ad blue cap near diesel fill point, I don’t need to worry about this?

Vehicle is a highline with ‘blue motion’ technology. But I understand that doesn’t necessarily mean much specifically from googling?!

Daft question. Do I presume if my 2016 t6 doesn’t have obvious ad blue cap near diesel fill point, I don’t need to worry about this?

Vehicle is a highline with ‘blue motion’ technology. But I understand that doesn’t necessarily mean much specifically from googling?!
Blue Motion appears to be a range of options, none of which involve using AdBlue:

Blue Motion explained

Also installed my dashcam that was previously in my MX-5, No fancy wiring harness, just ran the cable round the windscreen and into a USB adaptor in the centre socket on top of the dashboard. Surprised to discover the socket is permanently live, all previous vehicles we have had the sockets have been ignition controlled.
5000 miles to empty.

Thank you.

Do i thus presume my vehicle is a euro5 engine.

Parking the obvious environmental concerns. Is lack of ad blue a hood or a bad thing?
Ad Blue is a bright blue cap immediately below the diesel cap.

Some early T6s were apparently Euro 5.

One less thing to go wrong, but may be restrictive in certain city LEZ areas.

IMG_5647.jpeg
Sound deadening going on this weekend with the help from my 12 yo son. Also had to charge up the battery after totally dead. Think I left the side door slightly open while waiting for the window to cure and somehow cause the battery to go flat. Anyway managed to charge it up eventually with a little battery pack and have bought a 12v to jump leads cable so I can use my new ecoflow should this happen in future... Hoping starter battery is not permanently screwed.

Is it time we had a 'What coffee machine have you got in your van' thread, in the Pub section? There was a great exchange last year on one of the forum 'camp' Whatsapp group chats!
I was thinking the same. I love a latte first thing in the morning and a machine that can do the job is on my list of stuff to get but which one? Would the one in my kitchen work in a van on hook up?
Are there any machines that people know of that can make a decent latte and are designed for camper van use?
Brewing the coffee is one thing but frothing the milk is the challenge I guess.

I was thinking the same. I love a latte first thing in the morning and a machine that can do the job is on my list of stuff to get but which one? Would the one in my kitchen work in a van on hook up?
Are there any machines that people know of that can make a decent latte and are designed for camper van use?
Brewing the coffee is one thing but frothing the milk is the challenge I guess.
I'm on it, with my embarrassing but handy Bosch...

Brewing the coffee is one thing but frothing the milk is the challenge
You'll be fine on hook up with pretty much anything, I have a 2000 watt invertor off hook up which will cope with our cheapo Tassimo drawing 1500 watt max. Lovely drinks, the induction hob even boils a kettle to make traditional normal Yorkshire tea, or PG in our case!

I've got an invertor in the garage. Toyed with the idea of hooking it up but don't know how the leisure will cope with it.

Back