What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

@ChrisWatson No worries, what material are you going for?

The Audi liner also - just moved over to van ownership after an 8V Audi S3 and there’s a few creature comforts that I’ve been missing so gradually getting them sorted. Considering doing the door card panels too but I’ve seen some moody jobs done so my guess is it’s quite challenging.

The Audi liner also - just moved over to van ownership after an 8V Audi S3 and there’s a few creature comforts that I’ve been missing so gradually getting them sorted. Considering doing the door card panels too but I’ve seen some moody jobs done so my guess is it’s quite challenging.
:thumbsup: It’s a nice material to work with, it’s got a bit of stretch to it. I’ve also looked at doing the door cards but may end up painting them? Not sure yet!

Stripped the 2 front door cards and then sound deadened the panels, added some sound proofing to the back of the trim and then fitted the Alpine SPC-106T61 speakers and Tweeters. Actually wasn't too bad to do, and I'm no expert :D Just left to put one of the door cards back on, I broke some of the clips taking it off, so had to order some replacements that are coming tomorrow.

Appreciate what you’re saying about the full beam… totally understand that bit…. I’m more interested in the DRL part?
My Lazers don't have these, but reading through a generic wiring instructions, the ones that come with the position lights have an additional wire in the loom that connects to the side light circuit.

You'll see them fitted to trucks that have the position lights connected. That looks fine on a Scania S720, but personally I think it's a bit too much on a van.

Oh right..it's more of a position light than a drl if that helps?
I don’t really know what a position light is?

The questions that I would like to ask you if you don’t mind (and this is where I said it would be interesting to see a run through of your light sequence)….

When you turn on your van and it’s running, are the Lazer Lamps on as a DRL?

When you then switch on your sidelights, then headlights, do the Lazer Lamps stay on as a DRL but dim down?

Obviously on ‘full beam’ it’ll be all guns blazing!:cool:

I don’t really know what a position light is?

The questions that I would like to ask you if you don’t mind (and this is where I said it would be interesting to see a run through of your light sequence)….

When you turn on your van and it’s running, are the Lazer Lamps on as a DRL?

When you then switch on your sidelights, then headlights, do the Lazer Lamps stay on as a DRL but dim down?

Obviously on ‘full beam’ it’ll be all guns blazing!:cool:
The position light part of these is I think a different set of LEDs in the unit. I wired mine to come on with dipped headlights but you could use the DRL feed I suppose. The problem I had was I didn't like the look of them. The colour temp is warmer than the OEM led headlights and just looks odd to me. I've disconnected the position light wire now so they just come on full beans on high beam. They are mind blowingly bright , quite literally turn night to day. Had mine 2 years ish now and wouldn't be without them . Worth the money , quality is excellent.

Feeling positive - had a productive day.

The EcoFlow Delta Mini arrived so got that charged up on the mains. Went from 35% to 100% in about 1hr10mins.

Took it out to the van and fitted it into my Kombi bench storage box/speaker box - it is bigger than the AllPowers S700 that I had in there before so adjusted the clamps so it stays put when driving. Plugged in the cigarette plug into one of the 12v outputs which powers the USB sockets in the back of the van and also the Tapo security camera.

Also plugged in the 13a mains plug that runs the mains sockets in the back of the van. Tested it with the wife’s hairdryer and worked fine on the EcoFlow inverter.

Finally had to swap the DC5521 plug on the ignition live feed to a 12v cigarette socket to accept the car trickle charger from the EcoFlow which I did and then tested - was showing around 110w coming in with the engine running.

My mobile hotspot and cctv camera are now back up and running off the EcoFlow.

4AC3DBB0-5046-4356-8C1D-8A1EC043B6DA.jpeg

And I can connect to, and control the outputs of, the EcoFlow from anywhere with an internet connection.

B7915B09-1045-4C52-A1CE-9151526C0067.jpg

The position light part of these is I think a different set of LEDs in the unit. I wired mine to come on with dipped headlights but you could use the DRL feed I suppose. The problem I had was I didn't like the look of them. The colour temp is warmer than the OEM led headlights and just looks odd to me. I've disconnected the position light wire now so they just come on full beans on high beam. They are mind blowingly bright , quite literally turn night to day. Had mine 2 years ish now and wouldn't be without them . Worth the money , quality is excellent.
Thanks for that mate…. interesting!? :thumbsup:

Washed and waxed ready for Hastings on Saturday its campers and coffee meet up in the car park on the seafront anyone else going if so maybe see you there 10am start

Started fitting my ovano table, the leg and support are fitted, just got to figure where to mount the table base onto the table :)
would be good to know what you think of it when your done please :). I've been eyeing it up just not pulled the trigger yet

Back