What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Tinted the rear lights (not sure if they are mot friendly now though) and finally got round to cleaning it after 4 months. What’s the best product for PG for polish / wax? Anyone recommend ceramic coatings, is it worth it?View attachment 173571
View attachment 173570
The issue is usually if the reflectors are built into the taillight, which they aren't on a transporter.
So as long as the lights can be distinguished easily enough, then you'll have no issue.

Fitted some LED work lights to my tailgate.
Any top tips for running the wires to them? I’ve tried all manner of broddling sticks but still can’t get a lead through the rubber bellows into the tailgate without feeling like I’m going to damage something.

Any top tips for running the wires to them? I’ve tried all manner of broddling sticks but still can’t get a lead through the rubber bellows into the tailgate without feeling like I’m going to damage something.

Did you unclip the bellows from the van and tailgate? I did cheat though. I asked @Dav-Tec to run a wire through for me yesterday when he fitted my reversing camera!

Did you unclip the bellows from the van and tailgate? I did cheat though. I asked @Dav-Tec to run a wire through for me yesterday when he fitted my reversing camera!
Yes, I did unclip the bellows. There’s a fat factory loom in there already, what with camera, wash/wipe and heated glass, so I don’t want to be too brutal with it.

Yes, I did unclip the bellows. There’s a fat factory loom in there already, what with camera, wash/wipe and heated glass, so I don’t want to be too brutal with it.
You can get a few additional wires in but it can be a fine line between tearing it and not but it is fairly resilient

Try a speading a bit of washing up liquid on whatever your trying to push through and make sure what your pushinhg though has a rounded end, use insutaion tape to make the end more rounded if it hasnt, then more washing up liquid onto the wire as it pulls through..
You might have already tried this but thought I would mention it works usually.

About pushing wires through the rubber hose connector to the tailgate. I disconnected the rubber from the body side. I have a set of rods use to push/pull cables through. They are a metre long and connect with screw ends. One did the trick. I threaded the two red & black cables through the eye and pulled then careful through the rubber hose. The hard part was getting it to the rubber hose down the side of the tailgate door to the hole where the cables run from. I didn't use any lubricant as I didn't want to get it on anything.
IMG_20220624_174642.jpg

I admit that crossed my mind, but I did refrain from commenting - the meds must be working! :D
Yeah I guess mine aren’t working. You know Jog will find it though.

Reactions: Bav
Back