What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

christ, what am i talking about there "they like ace"??!
obviously i meant "they look ace"...

Got them from Vee Dub Transporters, really quick delivery. The fitting guides were a bit rubbish and it took a bit of working out which bracket went where, but easy enough to fit and look like they will be sturdy.

Will obviously look a lot better when i get rid of the PovSpec wheels.

Got them from Vee Dub Transporters, really quick delivery. The fitting guides were a bit rubbish and it took a bit of working out which bracket went where, but easy enough to fit and look like they will be sturdy.

Will obviously look a lot better when i get rid of the PovSpec wheels.

aaaah nice, think i'd looked at those - they look a lot slimmer (better!) on your van though.
thanks.

oh and yes, re the wheels ;)

Started getting the finer details sorted on my camping setup/slide out kitchen, nice little bevel around all the edges makes it look so much better

Sanding and sealing to be done in the next few days, but I don’t want to do that until the supports for the rear storage boxes arrive, so I can test fit them, then get it all dismantled, edges routed, sealed and then do the final assembly in the van

36D5F581-6898-4313-B69F-5162C179999A.jpeg

F60B2888-8AE5-4526-8D17-AC562B37DA95.jpeg

Started getting the finer details sorted on my camping setup/slide out kitchen, nice little bevel around all the edges makes it look so much better

Sanding and sealing to be done in the next few days, but I don’t want to do that until the supports for the rear storage boxes arrive, so I can test fit them, then get it all dismantled, edges routed, sealed and then do the final assembly in the van

View attachment 74012

View attachment 74013
looking ace

Rear Bumper part 2
Over a few days actually, I got fed up with the original vw bumper protector, constantly having to apply shoe polish, so, ordered a new one and set about removing the existing one. I kinda thought it was going to be a pain and it was, hair dryer, trim removing tools, sharp knife, GT85, white spirit, T-Cut, Isopropyl Alcohol and most of an afternoon. Got the new one, aluminium with carbon finish from Amazon and fitting instructions were in German, so set about translating, usual guff but the bit that scared me was you only get one chance to get it right! That put me off for a few days, (I'm a bit of a procrastinator). The dry run indicated that if the centre of the protector was positioned correctly, the ends would need a bit of a push so that the lip fitted well.
Fitting satisfaction level 8, needs a bit of black silicone at the ends to get to level 9. pics attached.View attachment 71459View attachment 71458
Not sure if this is how it's done, (replying to your own previous post). Can't really see on first post that there is a genuine VW tailgate trim on on the door.
It had been damaged and looked a bit milky (plastic). Got a stainless steel one with a hope that it would reflect the carbon bumper protector. I think the plan came together.

DSCF4420.jpg

DSCF4423.jpg

DSCF4424.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Did some spannering today for the first time in an age! Enjoyed it!

Stance + Ultra’s with 19” banded steels (ex tourershine)

Going to give it a week or so to settle, then might have a little further adjustment. I won’t go too much lower as I want to use it as a camper and will be making it off grid capable eventually, so country lanes need to be accessible!

Before:

6B327144-0571-44F9-B209-715C6350FF23.jpeg

After:

0CEE991C-090C-499B-A3B2-3A248930A997.jpeg

6EDA5ADE-A834-49A0-B889-DBBEF88849FB.jpeg

Back