What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted a Kenwood DMx8021dabs radio, dashcam and rear view camera all supplied by @Absolut5

It went well and pretty much all is working except the FM radio which I have to investigate. Would I do anything different? Well yes actually - next time I would take a nice holiday in Wiltshire and let @Absolut5 fit everything! lots less stress....

Here are some photos

20240528_195442 (Medium).jpg

20240528_194634 (Medium).jpg

20240528_194618 (Medium).jpg

Fitted a Kenwood DMx8021dabs radio, dashcam and rear view camera all supplied by @Absolut5

It went well and pretty much all is working except the FM radio which I have to investigate. Would I do anything different? Well yes actually - next time I would take a nice holiday in Wiltshire and let @Absolut5 fit everything! lots less stress....

Here are some photos

View attachment 243218

View attachment 243219

View attachment 243220
I got the exact same one and the fingerprints were driving me mad until i put a screen protector.

Good plan. Can you tell where you got this - or was it a cut to fit screen protector?
Mine's an 8020 but finger prints drove me mad as did reflections when the sun was at the wrong angle. I tried a screen protector (8020 specific from eBay but I think the 8021 screen is the same) and just thought it impacted on the screens sharpness and responsiveness and took it off. In the end, I made a sun shade to sort out the glare and now obsessively wipe the screen with a quality microfibre glasses cloth

So in preparation for the summer where we'll be sizzling with all that lovely sunshine I've fitted a craigsolar 230w solar panel to my roof rack, via two pieces of unistrut - I don't want to drill any holes in the van so am just putting the wire through the window under a heko wind deflector, and plugging into my Anker 757 power station when stationary

Have got a waterproof box to put the connectors in and has had a couple of downpours since the weekend and so far so good

Done a motorway run and it's sturdy but wind noise at 65 became detectable with the radio off - though I've found that with roof racks generally down the years

I generally use around 50% of the ankers juice per day camping in the summer, with fridge, fan and charging phones etc, so for my typical 2/3 jaunt it'll keep me going

1000028401.jpg

Removed the driver seat to have a look at the leisure set up;
Keeping the Votronic Charger
Replacing the ABSAAR charger controller and replacing it with a Victron IP65 12V/15A

Also replacing the micro switch tap as the hose/ plastic connection broke when I was replacing the submersible pump lol
1000016568.jpg

Back