What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

@Dannyb6467. Something like this perhaps? They were pitched just down from us in South of France last September. The guy gave me the tour and I was suitably impressed. Mind you, it was pretty big and also very expensive.
View attachment 141611
I have seen a few similar on my travels, mainly Swiss and German owners. The ones that I’ve spoken to have been working from ‘home‘ (the van).
The odd thing is that I’ve never seen one camped in the wild areas, always on pristine grass campsite pitches.

@Dannyb6467. I know what you mean, a few years ago, we were tenting at North Morte Farm when a fully kitted out Unimog turned up and as I usually do, I had a chat with the owner (from The Netherlands) who freely admitted that they had owned it for 5 years and never been anywhere but Europe and always on campsites. At the opposite end of the scale, I was In Syria back in 2011 and because things were getting a little too 'exciting' in Damascus at the weekends (the civil war was just getting going at that time), decided to head to Palmyra for a couple of days. Whilst there, I met the people that drove the Unimog pictured below who were on their way from KSA to 'the stans' (ie. central asia) via Iraq and Iran. They had obviously done some research but were still determined to follow the plan despite me telling them to stay well away from Iraq (a place that I've got some experience of). As an aside, I doubt it will ever happen but if Syria ever manages to sort itself out again, I would recommend anybody to go there. Before the civil war started to systematically destroy it, it was an amazing country full of amazing sites and really nice people.
IMG_0112 copy.JPG

We will probably start softly then venture further afield. We have travelled India and come across loads of different vehicles that had travelled from all over the world...the most memorable being 2 young folk from Kensington in a mobile library they brought off Sandwell Council.....on a tiny ferry like the sort you see capsized in the river. They'd travelled through Iran and got kidnapped...$100 later they were on their way....can't wait.

Had the radio tuned in by my son, I have never turned it on in 2 years and it will stay off until his next trip in the van. Evidently I’m suffering from some ism as I don’t like music, his words. He was risking suffering exposure from being dropped at the side of the road 10 miles from home for trying to be funny.

Had the radio tuned in by my son, I have never turned it on in 2 years and it will stay off until his next trip in the van. Evidently I’m suffering from some ism as I don’t like music, his words. He was risking suffering exposure from being dropped at the side of the road 10 miles from home for trying to be funny.
How often I have stood on the anchors and threatened my boys with a walk home! (Oh, and SWMBO!)

Reactions: CAB
Ah he recognised the look and smile and changed the subject just in time, he knows my odd sense of humour for giving out cold walks, stealing his tin opener as he sets off camping, letting him bum a lift when he wants to go to Leeds cos he thinks I’m off to the office but I’m on my way to Sunderland but not letting him know.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
bought 2 front seats for my t6 caravelle to swap with 2+1 . I then found they didnt have airbags in them! Can these bags be supplied and fitted into. If not I may well have 2 front seats to sell

Back