What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Yeah I see the button that locks is a screw also. Not sure how you’d attach them to the luggage.
I imagine would require a panel (ply) within the back of the luggage, and opposing site to provide rigidity, sandwiching the fabric of the luggage, then attach either the male or female element to the back face

...and finally the garage that does some bits and bobs for me reopened this week so I got my spoiler out of the spray booth and fitted...

EB37239A-6EC4-4AF8-8C70-98DE3241BD13.jpeg

67AF7B2B-BA52-42BF-8E64-A0061ACE1DA3.jpeg

Changed the goosed flooded acid battery for an AGM.

The wet battery was 21kg and 110ah. AGM are apparently lighter batteries, and this is 27kg (despite what Halfords say!) and 95ah.

I do wonder whether the cheapo battery fitted by the converters was actually 110ah. :sneaky:

49D02AB7-78CE-455D-8FA3-E133AD48E82D.jpeg

Those seat organisers look good as well as potentially very useful. I'd love something like that but we've got a double passenger seat (Vankraft bracket modified) and the single drivers seat is already at maximum stretch and butting against the camper furniture. It might just be the way I like to set my drivers seats but if I was any taller the my 6'1", I think I might struggle to get the position just right. I also don't know how I would get on if the bulkhead was still in place either!

Those seat organisers look good as well as potentially very useful. I'd love something like that but we've got a double passenger seat (Vankraft bracket modified) and the single drivers seat is already at maximum stretch and butting against the camper furniture. It might just be the way I like to set my drivers seats but if I was any taller the my 6'1", I think I might struggle to get the position just right. I also don't know how I would get on if the bulkhead was still in place either!

Yes, I believe a few very tall people struggle with the drivers seat right back... I'm vertically challenged so not a problem with that one... different story trying to clean the roof though.. :laugh:

With mine being a SWB and batteries under both front seats the extra storage is really useful... i will keep my eye out for a double seat organiser for you..

Last edited:
I think you will find that double passenger seats are widely available for not an awful lot of money if you're serious. If you do go down that route, my personal opinion is that the Vankraft bracket is a must as it transforms the comfort (even if it winds up costing you as much as the seat itself). A lot of people seem to prefer a single passenger seat but I wouldn't want to be without the extra storage that you get with the double.

Another simple addition today... silicon rubber door pocket inserts... will stop things rolling around in there hopefully... nothing worse than an irritating rattle when driving... expensive little things for what they are... but a perfect snug fit and good quality... Van-X again...

20200603_164620.jpg

I visited my van in the converters yard. Progress is slow due to suppliers not supplying on time due to lockdown issues.
Full width bed frame and rails installed, bed boards with upholsterer for completion.
Base boards installed and carpet to be laid later this week.
Finalized cupboard layout and electrical install layout. Cupboard installation to commence when materials delivered.
Progress has been painfully slow due to Covid 19 lockdown, but things are moving now. So onwards and upwards.

Another simple addition today... silicon rubber door pocket inserts... will stop things rolling around in there hopefully... nothing worse than an irritating rattle when driving... expensive little things for what they are... but a perfect snug fit and good quality... Van-X again...

Fitted mine today, as you say, a perfect fit, very oem looking too imo.

Fitted my powered latching kit for the sliding door today - Thanks Pauly!
Nice and easy to fit as the van is stripped out at the moment.
Still need to put it back together, but all working as it should.
Van came with VW tow bar fitted , so lots of 12V under the passenger seat to hook up to.

Simon

Finally fitted the grill trims I sprayed in gloss black. But ended up catching the end nearest to the badge (Arghhh). However, you can't see it unless you are close up, but my OCD is wreaking havoc. Black gloss badge to go on tomorrow.

IMG_20200604_170949.jpg

IMG_20200604_170956.jpg

IMG_20200604_171552.jpg

Just seen van x sell a double seat version EC792904-207E-417C-8A90-157501A5A8FD.jpeg

Back