What Have You Bought Today?

This thread might be incriminating at this rate. I have saved some money though, I picked up Matt's H&R springs and Nick's barn doors. It's saved me a packet on the RRP/panel fixes I need. But I did then call Steve @ CRS and bought some Koni dampers :oops: I'm nearly finishing stage 1 of this process, then I'll hide the credit card for a bit

Todays purchase was a Vango Palm Air awning. I had to get a 2019 version as everywhere is out of stock...fingers crossed it turns up!

A self inflating mattress is next on the list, but seems you can't get the Vango California one for love nor money?

I've got the Safari Chef for on the bank, but definitely getting a bigger one for the camper. Awesome bit of kit!
Only downside is the number of ways you can spend money on things you didn't know you wanted for it until you saw them.

The Cadac Trio Power Pack posted earlier in the thread is the next buy for us as someone forgot to add an external gas point to the spec of the conversion :whistle:

It will also allow us to use the Cadac at home without having to store another bottle.

Ppf applied to bonnet prevent the dreaded stone chip rash common to transporters... Saw a foreign YouTube video today guy was analysing paint depth on 2 vans... On both paint was thinner on the bonnets... Wonder why this is

Fitted H7 Nightbreaker (Silver) bulbs.

Slightly brighter, whiter light.

First comparison is from the outside with the engine off, so about 12v.

The photo from inside the van is with both fitted, and the engine running, so at 14v or so.

@Mud Digger @GRM2004 @Ayjay :cool:
3246AD89-A32D-4AEE-85E7-2DFE6A391BDF.jpeg
981F5A54-8296-4A0C-BF45-57B178CB0796.jpeg
A96E3369-3A11-4B65-BAB1-9C22A96200D6.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, today I have bought window insulators, leveling ramps, toaster, 2l water bottle, ridge monkey, VW matt black badge, lime green front grill trim, automatic light for wardrobe, fire blanket, carbon monoxide detector, tent Bungie, plastic trim tools, anti-slip matts, hooks for headrests, anti-moisture bags, collapsible washing bowl, and a mains hookup cable.

Getting my van converted and I have been shopping whilst I wait for its return :)

IMG-20201013-WA0000.jpg

20201023_191417.jpg

If that's the 2L water bottle that seems to be on sale everywhere nowadays - it's got a handle is often called a 'gym bottle', my advice is never, ever wash it out with very hot water. The plastic can't take it and they go badly out of shape. Also, we've got two of them (blue tint) and on both, the silver metal cap just started spinning on the screw down top after a little while. We just binned the silver bit! Apart from that, they're great!

Got these today
Makes front end look much better after previously upgrading fogs and fitting DRL strips.
Have also upgraded headlight bulbs, to Philips
Ever little helps till I afford a proper lighting upgrade8EBA5D99-07FA-4BAA-ADB3-4BD11DE50380.jpeg154ADBC6-684D-4C87-9FC6-E602EB382F18.jpeg

A set of spinning centre caps:

Vw Dynamic Centre Cap.jpg

This allows the Vw symbol to be the right way up, no matter what speed you are doing.
A bit like the Rolls Royce ones.
Be careful if you do buy a set, as an almost same part number of 000071213C is the old design Vw symbol,

@Jayjmac , can you let me into your little secret, as to how you made them fit your Amarok Cantara's please?

For winter they will be fitted to the 16" Claytons, and this won't be a problem as they fit nice & firm, but for next summer they will be installed on the Amarok 19's
Have you lost any yet?

Todays purchase was a Vango Palm Air awning. I had to get a 2019 version as everywhere is out of stock...fingers crossed it turns up!

A self inflating mattress is next on the list, but seems you can't get the Vango California one for love nor money?
I think I got the last California mattress lol from camping international and I got it cheap too

A set of spinning centre caps:

View attachment 89136

This allows the Vw symbol to be the right way up, no matter what speed you are doing.
A bit like the Rolls Royce ones.
Be careful if you do buy a set, as an almost same part number of 000071213C is the old design Vw symbol,

@Jayjmac , can you let me into your little secret, as to how you made them fit your Amarok Cantara's please?

For winter they will be fitted to the 16" Claytons, and this won't be a problem as they fit nice & firm, but for next summer they will be installed on the Amarok 19's
Have you lost any yet?

I’ve had this argument with my local VW garage!! The ones ending with D are the proper VW California ones. The black ones show up on the commercial van system. The better ones ending C can be ordered from the commercial VW but they are actually for the VW cars! You have to force commercial to find them. Or just buy them off eBay! :rolleyes:

I bit the bullet today and a set of Bilstein B14's are on the way.

I am hoping they should swap over quite easily as my van only had a set of coilovers on a few weeks back. The current ones 'pro sport' were fitted by the previous owner but I am just not happy with them, the damping is awful.

Back