What Have You Bought Today?

Cheers mate.Just got the paint and calliper cleaner.Do i just take the wheels off,clean it up then paint?

Cheers mate.Just got the paint and calliper cleaner.Do i just take the wheels off,clean it up then paint?
Hi..Yes wheel off ...really good clean ...We used scotch brite pads to help...cover the disc and try not seal the pads ( mask where ever you can) ...if it’s a cold day warm the metal work ( excess moisture)

E64A928F-77E8-4A46-9650-1BAA43E9C1F0.jpeg46C96D5E-B6D1-49F5-B7A3-2622229B7620.jpeg

Yep, it's an ex-rental van and two doors are a write-off. But I found a sliding door with a window already in it, so that should save some time later. Plan is to choose a colour in the process of fixing the scrapes

I succumbed to an offer by an eBay vendor for a chromed gear knob :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
And today's Amazon delivery is-

20201016_010055.jpg

Apparently, according to Mrs moomin-j as it's a "high value item", it now has to be sent away to a man who wears a red uniform with a large tummy and a white beard who decides in approx. 10 weeks time if I've been good enough to have it.
Hope the camper doesn't have a flat battery in the mean time!!
I know who will be in the drivers seat and who will be at the back pushing...

I also checked if @Tourershine 's lost DHL parcel was with it - but alas no :cry:

View attachment 88367

Apparently, according to Mrs moomin-j as it's a "high value item", it now has to be sent away to a man who wears a red uniform with a large tummy and a white beard who decides in approx. 10 weeks time if I've been good enough to have it.

I also checked if @Tourershine 's lost DHL parcel was with it - but alas no :cry:

My parcel was last seen buying a bacon roll at the Greggs in Coventry witnesses have confirmed. The search continues...

View attachment 88367

26DD646C-1BAB-419D-BFE1-A8B4FA43D009.jpeg
that’s an expensive defibrillator........Clear

These bits to make the transition to lithium arrived this week and are staring at me every time I walk past. Just got finish the downstairs toilet renovation and then I can maybe get started.
506AB548-59DF-4E40-9F9A-E9BD06DBA95F.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Been thinking about doing exactly the same! Where did you get the wheels done and what was your total cost?

would also be interested to learn your new mpg and what you think of the road noise. ;)

Hi, have you got yours yet? You seem interested in road noise & MPG? If it helps, I've recently put 245/65/17 BFG KO2's on my T32 4Motion and I've not noticed much difference in MPG, on the road noise though, there is a slight difference, like most people say it is most evident at 30-40mph, after that speed other noises are more noticeable to be honest. I've just done a trip to Cornwall from London and I was very impressed, no difference in the van's performance, the tyres are WAY more comfortable than factory tyres, around Cornwall with those pot-holed muddy roads they were brilliant, you really don't even feel most pot-holes, and it's much quieter when you do hit one too....compared to the "WHUMP" that you get from standard alloys & tyres. Overall I'm extremely happy with the BFGs, best mod I've done by far :thumbsup:

Thermal window blinds from JK
Rubber flooring for rear of Shuttle to cover/protect the carpet.
Toggle clamps to clip my modular bed system together (when I build it...)

Back