What Have You Bought Today?

Reading about those 2 plates reminds me that there's a lively thread here on T6F discussing grammar and spelling which you might also like to visit. :)

He's right you know (and also being too polite). Neither of those plates makes any real sense without a big leap of the imagination. Vanity's a strange beast!

They do need the postcode of the supplier by law. Mine have it on them but they are lasered in to the plate so not really that viewable but still they are there.
Thank you for the reply and explanation. I am sorry for queering the image on your post, you were only replying to the original. I had seen the original and skipped too quikly to the bottom of the page with clumsey fingers on the mouse wheel and when I decided to go back and queery the plates, I had not realised that you had a copy of he origonal and I blindly just asked the questions on your post. :whistle::rolleyes::confused:

Rubber flooring for rear of Shuttle to cover/protect the carpet.
Where did you get that? I’m interested in doing the same but a bit out off that the rubber might smell, does it?

I’ve got the VW rubber front can liner and that does put a bit of a rubber smell in the van.

Where did you get that? I’m interested in doing the same but a bit out off that the rubber might smell, does it?

I’ve got the VW rubber front can liner and that does put a bit of a rubber smell in the van.
@Broadside
TBF it absolutely stinks. Rolled it out in the house to warm and settle. My wife walked past it and her latex allergy went nuts! The company state it’s non-allergic to humans, but it seems natural rubber is pure latex.
eBay supplier Ark-solutions.
I have asked for the MSDS, but it is not forthcoming.
It’s not going in the van.

I am being a bit pedantic here but I thought that vehicle number plates had to have the name of supplier? For example Halfords or name of garage. That it was an offence not have this? Am I incorrect?

Sorry, I may have selected the wrong post to reply to. It was just the image that I saw. I have now seen the image above 1415
They need the platemakers code (bottom right hand corner) - ie their ID on the database of authorised manufacturers, unless your plate was made before the regs were updated

I ordered 3 more orange pleated blinds to finish the van windows after my test purchase worked for the rear window. Have to wait another 2 weeks now.

Reactions: CAB
I haven’t made them so other people know what they mean, they are unique to me and I know what they mean.

As for being too polite “fire away” I don’t mind banter.
You know that bloke in the pub....you know the one....gets the joke 10 mins after everyone else and suddenly laughs out loud at it when everyone else has moved on?!!

Right now, I am that bloke!!!
*edit: but I’m still at the head-scratching stage!

Both correct but I’ve ran the same plates on my T6 with no spacing and never had issues, I see so many people with plates that are not correct. To be fair I think the police have better things to be getting on with than stopping people with incorrect plates. The correct spacing is 33mm between the 4 and the S but I went for 25mm gap on these ones so there is still a slight gap. My T6 runs G3RHY with no gaps and touch wood I’ve never been pulled, I keep the legal plates in the back should I need to put them back on.
I run smoked plates, black and silver plates and pressed legal metal plates although I don’t change the spacing I never have any problems

You know that bloke in the pub....you know the one....gets the joke 10 mins after everyone else and suddenly laughs out loud at it when everyone else has moved on?!!

Right now, I am that bloke!!!
*edit: but I’m still at the head-scratching stage!
That made me smile.

Reactions: JOG
I run smoked plates, black and silver plates and pressed legal metal plates although I don’t change the spacing I never have any problems
The primary reason for the regulation change was to improve the accuracy of ANPR - get rid of the “flashy” fonts, italics etc. I won’t bore you with the rationale for “authorised plate makers” etc.

Broadly speaking, the cops don’t mind so long as their clever little onboard box doesn’t ping. However, if they come across an idiot, they are perfectly entitled to scrutinise the plates.

These, that’s much better.VW scrimping on the basics. Ridiculous!!!

D10228D7-E906-474C-84E1-C9595D277A9A.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Back