What Have You Been Listening To Today?

Today it’s Volbeat - outlaw gentlemen and shady ladies and Seal the deal & lets boogie.
Saw these guys when they supported Alter Bridge last year. Great fun and I love so many of the riffs :)

Obligatory CD's (remember them) and listening in the Panadonkia.

1. Dire Straits - Alchemy
2. Pink Floyd - Pulse
3. Muse - Live at Olympia Stadium, Rome.

Musical taste went all middle aged when I turned 14.

Radio 2 is just like old school (90's) Radio 1, so it gets pride of place in the presets. Along with Absolute Classic (Dad) rock, Absolute 80's and just....Absolute radio on standby for when Radio 2 turns a bit naff. Normally Sundays. Johny Walker's Sounds of the 70's being the exception.

Post Malone’s Beerbongs & Bentleys is on heavy rotation at the moment. Coz I is down wiv da kids innit. It is bloody good though.

My metal credz is seeing Metallica in Abu Dhabi in 2012. Was stood RIGHT in front of one of the front speaker banks and it still wasn’t loud enough
:smile bounce:

Obligatory CD's (remember them) and listening in the Panadonkia.

Radio 2 is just like old school (90's) Radio 1, so it gets pride of place in the presets. Along with Absolute Classic (Dad) rock, Absolute 80's and just....Absolute radio on standby for when Radio 2 turns a bit naff.

Like when Steve Wright is on :rolleyes:

Currently listening to

Amy Winehouse - Frank
Maceo Parker - Life on planet groove
Level 42 - A Physical presence

:geek:

Today it’s bin Planet Rock on the way home so a big helping of everything from southern rock, classic rock, heavy metal and so on.

If it's the radio at work , Radio 2 until noon, then 6 music till I go home.
If i'm pottering in the garage, Patti smith , George Thoroughgood and AC/DC at the mo .

Currently listening to

Amy Winehouse - Frank
Maceo Parker - Life on planet groove
Level 42 - A Physical presence

:geek:
When I used to work for the Audi Chauffeuring Service on my days off, I drove Amy Winehouse to the Brit Awards one year.

Today I was listening to the Craig Charles Funk and soul show on iPlayer during a little workout then in the van going up to Inverness, some Aretha Franklin. A very sad loss of an amazing voice.

I’m also a bit of a Radio 2 fan but definitely not the breakfast show as Evans is such an annoying shouty git. Otherwise usually Spotify selecting some soul, funk or rock

Last concert I went to was Ally Bain and Phil Cunningham in Pitlochry - it’s a long way for us to any decent venues :(. As someone mentioned best concerts, I’m voting for either Bruce Springsteen at Wembley stafium on the 4th July on the Born in the USA tour, or James Brown at the Brixton Academy on his last ever UK date

My camper seems to play only Latin music. Maybe it’s faulty; or it could be me ... :whistle:

Today I av mostly bin listening to.... Alter bridge, Myles Kennedy and Slash :D
Love them, a perfect match.
They did a superb studio chat/acoustic session for Planet Rock not long back, they did SCOM and including Slash doing the full solo on an acoustic. Outstanding! I might still have the mp3 recording, I'll see if I can find it.

These are taken from my playlist for tonight...
afro.gif

Immigrant Song - Karen O with Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross (Zep cover)

Jeff Beck - Live In The Dark

Five Finger Death Punch - Bad Company (Bad Co cover)

The Amorettes - Everything I Learned I learned from Rock N' Roll

Halestorm - I miss the misery

Last edited by a moderator:
Back