What Books Are You Reading At The Moment?

Read Shuggie Bain last month. Harrowing.
I had a quick look to see what this book was about, after you posted about it.
Very well written, hard hitting, and heart wrenching.

Just had a look, and Better off Dead is now available, that I Pre-ordered :cool:

Last edited:
Billy Summers by Stephen King, excellent book but two endings, neither of which is satisfactory in this contract killer tale of redemption... think"Barry" meets "Leon" and that's the way the heart strings get twanged!

I’m working my way through the Harry Bosch and Mickey Haller books by Michael Connelly. Trying to do them in chronological order and up to No.15 (I think) with Bosch and part way through No.1 with Haller. Excellent reads and the TV shows are quite true to the books in terms of characters but the story lines are a bit mixed together.

I am pilgrim, excellent read. Gripping, can’t put it done.

The tattooist of Auschwitz, true story. Again another superb read

image.jpg

image.jpg

The strange death of David Kelly
By Norman Baker MP

Excellent, very informative and wide reaching investigation into the very unsatisfactory events that surround the death of the world renowned weapons inspector. Messers Blair Campbell and Hoon don’t fair particularly well.

Well I’ve now formed my own opinion and I don’t think it was suicide.

It’s a great read.

LINK

I’ll probably read though “Wild Swans” again sometime. It was the most eye opening but heart wrenching story I’ve ever read. About three generations of women. Starting with authors grandmother who was given to a warlord as a concubine. The authors mother who was a Red Guard through the communist era. Then the author herself, Jung Chang. This review says it better than I can.

At the moment I’m reading this book about Crystal Palace motor racing that I’ve been lent. Great little book so I thought I’d buy it. The cheapest used one I found on Amazon was £49. **** that. :eek:

IMG_20220902_131654 2.jpg

IMG_20220901_120126.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Tigers in the Mud: The Combat Career of German Panzer Commander
I can recommend The Last Panther, the Halbe kessel slaughter of the Reich.
It's some read and it's a true story. Bends the metal a little though, you kind of want them to make it which is seriously messed up.

I can recommend The Last Panther, the Halbe kessel slaughter of the Reich.
It's some read and it's a true story. Bends the metal a little though, you kind of want them to make it which is seriously messed up.
Excellent book, have youread Tiger Tracks by the same author, Wolfgang Faust?

Having just watched “The Mauritanian“ on prime last night, I have just ordered Guantánamo Diaries as my next read.
Same hear @Loz , the Mauritanian book was on back order for three weeks.

Superb film.

Will Carver Psychopaths Anonymous
Jay Shetty Think like a Monk
Jason Fox Battle Scars

Back