What Books Are You Reading At The Moment?

Teesix

T6 Guru
I've just finished the Dark Tower series by Steven King. Not a bad read if you like his style of writing. I find him a bit formulaic and he takes an irritatingly long time to describe a particular scene, but he still writes a good book. I'd give the series a 6.5/10

I'm currently reading the Last Kingdom series by Bernard Cornwell. It's a bit of a history scene surrounding the life of King Alfred, but viewed from a warlord's perspective. It's a fictional story set against an acurate historical back drop and has probably taught me more about the period than any history teacher at school ever could, and in a much more absorbing way. I'd give it a healthy 8/10

What's everyone else reading?

aside from T6 forum.....I'm reading "Tornado Boys". I failed the aircrew selection tests for the Royal Air Force back in the mid 80's so now, I just read about what might have been!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

recently finished: Vietnam - an epic tragedy, Patriots - the men who started the American revolution.
currently reading The French Revolution and what went wrong.

My last read was Vulcan 607 by Rowland White, the true story of the most ambitious air operation since the Ruhr dam.
I absolutely could not put this book down even to eat - the tension has you absolutely gripped from the outset and continues relentlessly to the end.
Highly recommended!

One of my favourites that I've read three or four times is Dan Walsh, "These are the days that must happen to you" - the diary of a literate & intelligent but rough-arsed biker on his ill-prepared travels around the dirty, war-torn corners of the world that would make Ewan & Charlie cry for their mums.

Other than that, I'm a sucker for nostalgia and I like to read my Biggles collection (yes, really!)

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished reading a book my 19 year old lad bought me for Christmas - How to he an adult!!!

Now I'm about to get into a book my daughter made a massive contribution to the writing of, about their adventures in The Gambia.

Just finished “Kings Justices” and “monastery murders” by E.M Powell now on “Exocet Falklands”
For the fellas reading the Vietnam books if you haven’t tried “Chickenhawk” by Robert Mason I would highly recommend it.

Back