What’s this hose/tap?

DavidT100

Hi - completely new to all this having picked up our T6 a couple of weeks ago so will have lots of questions and hopefully this is posted in the right chat. Been looking under my van (Cambridge Camper Conversion) and found this connection shown on the pick. Looks like it comes off the water pump but doesn’t seem to do anything when I turn the valve shown on the photo. Apologies if this is obvious but I’m stumped and only just getting to grips with things. Thanks for any help.FFD5DBCC-8A74-4E34-BCCC-74D184AF4963.jpeg Could it be a connection for outdoor water supply?

I have one of those under my back bumper. It's a female hoselock connector for the underslung white water tank.

I thought it might be but grey water just runs straight out (another question- is this normal?)
Our grey water just dumps on the floor as we don’t have a grey water tank. I’d be surprised if your thingy was for filling the clean water, it’s not very hygienic.

Thanks- I can’t seem to get any water out of it - would it just be for emptying the tank in that case?
That’s really something your converter should be advising you on. We can’t see enough to be confident.

Pete

I’m pretty certain it is Hep20 as I’ve fitted loads of them for domestic water services.

9315DBD0-452C-4365-BA82-12E1C3A8EA5E.jpeg

Definitely hep2o, it'll take 15mm pipe but you'll need a release key as @Higgidav says. My guess is its just to be used for draining the tank.

I'm not a plumber and agree it looks like a Hep. My water inlet though, has a hoselock connection with an on off valve. The grey water outlet just has the drain tap.

My guess was a drain but wasn’t sure as getting nothing out of it when turned on with water in the tank and wondered whether it needed to be activated by the pump - I’ve added another pic which might show the connector better. Thanks everyone for the responses- wasn’t expecting anything, let alone so quickly!

2F68D8A9-AAE0-429D-A0D2-8899FB6F3284.jpeg

Looks to me like it will pull down out of the clip it's in, run the pump maybe it's meant to be a simple shower/boot wash?

Have you got any tanks under your van either clean/grey water?
Yes - just the clean water, grey goes straight out.

Looks to me like it will pull down out of the clip it's in, run the pump maybe it's meant to be a simple shower/boot wash?
Will give it a go

It’s for the washing machine, have a look in the cupboards you’ll find it….
- if only - I’d swap it out for a dishwasher

Whatever the connector type is, give it a good wash before you connect to it :)

Pete
Defo- doesn’t look a great design facing oncoming muck under the van unless I’m (or it’s) missing something

Back