What’s the best head unit available?

Not wanting to hijack the thread but would you recommend the Alpine Halo 9, despite no wireless Apple Play? Is it resistive or capacitive?
It’s a marmite unit. Some love it others hate it. Great sound large screen, Feature wise it lacks, as no wireless, single usb, a bit laggy and old style user interface

It’s a marmite unit. Some love it others hate it. Great sound large screen, Feature wise it lacks, as no wireless, single usb, a bit laggy and old style user interface

So I’ve sourced one second hand from a friend, do you sell the relevant fixing kit, loom and facia conversion? Don’t have MFSW (yet), have factory rear parking sensors, DAB already and plan to fit reverse camera (would you recommend one?). How much would the above be please?

So I’ve sourced one second hand from a friend, do you sell the relevant fixing kit, loom and facia conversion? Don’t have MFSW (yet), have factory rear parking sensors, DAB already and plan to fit reverse camera (would you recommend one?). How much would the above be please?

I do have the correct genuine Alpine fitting kit in stock, only the genuine offers the best fitting and parking sensor display using th edit et port on the back of the halo

Pioneer/Kenwood cameras are the only ones we install besides genuine, as they are 100% reliable

@Absolut5 I like the look of the Kenwood although coming from a 2018 Q5 I will miss the media player, does this have the option to upload t a jukebox or HDD as i can't see a CD/DVD player?

Last edited:
@Absolut5 I like the look of the Kenwood although coming from a 2018 Q5 I will miss the media player, does this have the option to upload t a jukebox or HDD as i can't see a CD/DVD player?

All manufactures are pushing towards Apple CarPlay/android auto believing everyone has their music collection on their phone, so HDD is long gone and cd/dvd is dying fast. the DNX range still have cd/dvd
the Kenwoods have 2 usb sockets so you can load a stick up with MP3/4s

All manufactures are pushing towards Apple CarPlay/android auto believing everyone has their music collection on their phone, so HDD is long gone and cd/dvd is dying fast. the DNX range still have cd/dvd
the Kenwoods have 2 usb sockets so you can load a stick up with MP3/4s

Thanks for the quick reply @Absolut5. I don't use the DVD function in my current Q5 although i can watch movies that i have uploaded to a large volume SD card. Does the Kenwood have this option? As for music i am with you, Spotify all the way via Apple Car play.

Thanks for the quick reply @Absolut5. I don't use the DVD function in my current Q5 although i can watch movies that i have uploaded to a large volume SD card. Does the Kenwood have this option? As for music i am with you, Spotify all the way via Apple Car play.
SD card is only available on the DNX range

Hi

The Kenwood DMX 8019dab is a very popular unit for T6 owners, as it has wireless Apple CarPlay/android auto, twin usb, dab, displays parking sensors(using the Kenwood interface), capactive screen, dash cam control, reverse cam input and hdmi input for video input

We can supply it as a plug and play solution, and yes it will make it sound a lot better, plus it has so much more audio adjustments

The Kenwood DNX 9190dab is the best unit on the market, as it has a HD screen, nothing comes close in def and works in direct sunlight, built in Garmin nav, wireless Apple CarPlay/android auto etc etc

Hey @Absolut5

Is it difficult to fit the "Kenwood DMX 8019dab" on the T6?

Are there any special brackets required or anything extra to fit & connect?

Thanks for your help,
L

Hey @Absolut5

Is it difficult to fit the "Kenwood DMX 8019dab" on the T6?

Are there any special brackets required or anything extra to fit & connect?

Thanks for your help,
L

Not at all, we supply it with all the parts that are required inc facia, fm adapter, dab aerial adapter, dash usb retention and the correct plug and play harness , depending on spec of van, drop us a pm and il go through it all.. or call 01980 624740

Not at all, we supply it with all the parts that are required inc facia, fm adapter, dab aerial adapter, dash usb retention and the correct plug and play harness , depending on spec of van, drop us a pm and il go through it all.. or call 01980 624740

Thanks, I'll call tomorrow. Just for the sake of contributing to this forum... Does this head unit works seamlessly with VW T6 features like:

1. will it work with the rearview camera?
2. will it work with all the button on the steering wheel?
3. will it work with showing front & rear parking sensors? I mean will it actually show on the display as it's displaying with the native VW unit?

What sort of a plug & play harness & fascia does it is needed?

I've got 2017 VW California Ocean with front & rear parking sensors and rear parking camera and no sat nav.

Cheers,
L

Actually, I found your other post where most of my questions have been answered already...

Who do I ask for when I call in tomorrow so we can continue this conversation?

CHeers for now,
L

Actually, I found your other post where most of my questions have been answered already...

Who do I ask for when I call in tomorrow so we can continue this conversation?

CHeers for now,
L

yes it works with parking sensors. Factory camera , and work with MFSW/mfd. its 50/50 when answering a call on CarPlay. Bluetooth it works, down to software on phone,

ask for jason

Hi

The Kenwood DMX 8019dab is a very popular unit for T6 owners, as it has wireless Apple CarPlay/android auto, twin usb, dab, displays parking sensors(using the Kenwood interface), capactive screen, dash cam control, reverse cam input and hdmi input for video input

heya, I’ve just bought the above on eBay - do you know if I need a facia for installing this?

Hi I am in the fortunate position to be offered a full refund for my alpine halo INE-F904D 9 inch screen with sat nav.. it’s £1200 or so .. so I’m looking at what could be a better option and I’m pretty stumped .. any one with recommendations ?
What’s the best I can get or do I have it all ready.
Things I don’t like about this unit are fan noise , low res screen ,wired car play ( although wireless can be a PITA if you have other devices that create wireless networks such as BlackVue cameras etc ) and in two units now the GPS has had issues it can work for a while then go crazy ..

I don’t understand why there are not much better units around for this kind of money.

Last edited:
Back