View attachment 222680
View attachment 222681
View attachment 222682
View attachment 222683
View attachment 222684
View attachment 222685
View attachment 222686
View attachment 222687View attachment 222688
Does this retain the original mic, or is a secondary one required.

Have a 2017 T6 Caravelle that needs some upgrades and this looks good. Sound in it is shocking so expect speaker upgrade needed to get the most out of the change, but want to retain as much OEM as possible.

Does this retain the original mic, or is a secondary one required.

Have a 2017 T6 Caravelle that needs some upgrades and this looks good. Sound in it is shocking so expect speaker upgrade needed to get the most out of the change, but want to retain as much OEM as possible.
Yes we retain the original mic .

We do different options from speaker upgrades to full systems,

Feel free to pm or call us ..

You may be waiting along time for that , as connects2 the manufacture has done a deal with Kenwood to supply them only

Speaking of the devil, yesterday I received an email that the SOS retation kit is going to be sent soon. I waited from October to receive it....

So what do I need to retain the usb-c?

I just received it today!

One question, do I need to connect this connector?

1708601051636.png

In the diagram that is coming with the kit, it is not connected.

Speaking of the devil, yesterday I received an email that the SOS retation kit is going to be sent soon. I waited from October to receive it....

So what do I need to retain the usb-c?
Alpine are working on their own usb c solution, wait for that

A few images of T6.1 we had in today for a Alpine Halo 905

we have retained -
SoS system
Vehicle settings using the Alpine interface
and now we have retained the USB C sockets

This was installed along with our Signature audio

View attachment 222680
View attachment 222681
View attachment 222682
View attachment 222683
View attachment 222684
View attachment 222685
View attachment 222686
View attachment 222687View attachment 222688
Looks great. What is the dash clocks from?

How much is this set up in a 2021 T6.1?

Looks great. What is the dash clocks from?

How much is this set up in a 2021 T6.1?

That is a virtual dash , that is standard on Sportlines, Caravelles, and some are retrofitted.

Cost on head unit or with audio ?

I'm looking to replace the original unit on my T6. I was looking at the rcd360+ but I think I'm going to splash out a bit more on the pioneer 360dabs or Kenwood 8021dabs. What experiences do people have with these units?

I'm looking to replace the original unit on my T6. I was looking at the rcd360+ but I think I'm going to splash out a bit more on the pioneer 360dabs or Kenwood 8021dabs. What experiences do people have with these units?
A page back on this thread @Absolut5 mentions the 8021dabs being the most popular unit they sell.
I’m in the same boat and looking to upgrade a t6 when I get my new van.
Last time I dithered and got the rcd360 and ignored the advice about spending a bit more on a unit with wireless CarPlay. The rcd360 worked ok, a bit glitchy but cheap and passable. Plugging the phone in on every trip got a bit tiresome and worried me about wearing the connection to the phone. This time I’m aiming for an inductive charge phone holder and wireless CarPlay. In my old T5
I think it was back in 2021 I had this kenwood wireless CarPlay unit. It worked well but the buttons felt so horrible and cheap. I’m sure someone will know the model number. Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 08.00.27.jpeg

Out of the 3 , I would go 8021 all day long.

The pioneer is a Chinese rebranded unit with a very high failure rate.

I don’t have any real experience on the rcd360 but again a Chinese sourced unit that has no dab or rds radio

The 8021 has been a big seller with great features, easy to use and very reliable

Out of the 3 , I would go 8021 all day long.

The pioneer is a Chinese rebranded unit with a very high failure rate.

I don’t have any real experience on the rcd360 but again a Chinese sourced unit that has no dab or rds radio

The 8021 has been a big seller with great features, easy to use and very reliable
8021 That would be an upgraded one of the unit in the picture above wouldn’t it? Are the buttons any more reassuring on the 8021?
Do you have a forum members price list for units to self fit into a T6 along with required parts to make everything work?
Is there a unit that is mostly plug and play without having to get a bagful of adapter harnesses and plates etc?
I actually swung by Absolute before buying the rcd360 and the fella I met there was pushing me towards buying well over a thousand pounds in stuff which at the time was not really on my radar.

The picture looks to be a 8021 , the only issue where the buttons stopped working is where someone spilled coffee down it and didn’t tell us .. until it was taken apart and it dripped out and corroded lol

The only units that are generally plug and play are the copies , anything Kenwood , pioneer, alpine etc require a collection of parts unfortunately.

The Kenwood 8021 plus parts is around £785.00ish

The picture looks to be a 8021 , the only issue where the buttons stopped working is where someone spilled coffee down it and didn’t tell us .. until it was taken apart and it dripped out and corroded lol

The only units that are generally plug and play are the copies , anything Kenwood , pioneer, alpine etc require a collection of parts unfortunately.

Excellent.

Thanks for the reply.
That unit came with thoroughly uninspiring buttons from the get go as a new unit. Perhaps it was just a dud.

@Absolut5, do you have a good stock Kenwood dmx9720xds? Which fitting/connection kits do you need to send with it for me to fit it myself? 19 plate T6 highline, front and rear sensors, factory reverse camera currently into the basic VW 6 button colour DAB/CD radio with no APP or NAV. Thanks.

@Absolut5, do you have a good stock Kenwood dmx9720xds? Which fitting/connection kits do you need to send with it for me to fit it myself? 19 plate T6 highline, front and rear sensors, factory reverse camera currently into the basic VW 6 button colour DAB/CD radio with no APP or NAV. Thanks.
Yew we do have stock of 9720s and the genuine Kenwood-t6 interface for parking sensor display, and factory camera connection etc

Back