What’s the best head unit available?

I may have 1 left but need to check, but bear in mind this has been superseded twice , as it’s around 4 years old

Hi, I wonder if anybody can tell if help me.
I have a Pioneer Sph-da230 that i'm taking out of my Caddy and hoping to refit into my new to me T6.
The T6 has rear parking sensors and steering wheel controls and was hoping the Pioneer could integrate with these.
Can anybody tell what wiring kit i will need to make these work?

Thanks
I'm trying to get my steering wheel controls to work with my Pioneer too.

Did you find out in the end?

I'm thinking potentially this one:

I'm trying to get my steering wheel controls to work with my Pioneer too.

Did you find out in the end?

I'm thinking potentially this one:

We do that brand, it will do the mfsw but not parking sensor display, you will need a Connects2 infoadapter to display them

Hello,

I m thinking to buy Kenwood DNR992RVS as I dont have sat nav.

I was wondering what I need to keep OEM functionalities.

Steering wheel controls
Telephone (original microphone)
Rear camara (no parking sensor display
dash USB socket.
MFD Display retention (car display)

What do I need apart of the headunit?

Best regards

Hello,

I m thinking to buy Kenwood DNR992RVS as I dont have sat nav.

I was wondering what I need to keep OEM functionalities.

Steering wheel controls
Telephone (original microphone)
Rear camara (no parking sensor display
dash USB socket.
MFD Display retention (car display)

What do I need apart of the headunit?

Best regards
Absolutely a superb unit, and one of our most popular

we can supply it as a full kit. To retain the mfd for Garmin sat nav directions, radio station , steering wheel controls

oe or aftermarket camera is retained

dash usb retained

most fit the supplied mic, but you can adapt The original one

Not sure if there’s been a thread on this but I jumped on this thread
I want to put Apple CarPlay so was going to have a Pioneer HU as same time having a rear parking camera installed by a local car audio place
However I have gone a different route by buying a Seicane 9..5 unit which connects to current VW HU I can move it to another car so can dual use.
I will still get rear camera installed but the unit above gives me front dash cam
I have in my lotus a pioneer unit and it works fab so I was a little reluctant to go to this chinese unit but given I can move it to wife’s fiat which hasn’t CarPlay it seems sensible ?

Hi @Absolut5 / @Dav-Tec ,
Could I ask if there is a difference between the Apline info adapter and the connects2? They both seem to be quite hard to come by and wondered if there was any functional difference?
I guess alpine is best with alpine. But would connects2 work with Alpine head unit?
I am keen on Halo9 (halo11 is too big and expensive) but also considering the pioneer sph950dab if it is a decent option. I get that the kenwood 10 is supposed to be good but it is big and pretty ugly big bezels. But if there is a legitimate reason to get over others I am listening.
Thanks

Hi @Absolut5 / @Dav-Tec ,
Could I ask if there is a difference between the Apline info adapter and the connects2? They both seem to be quite hard to come by and wondered if there was any functional difference?
I guess alpine is best with alpine. But would connects2 work with Alpine head unit?
I am keen on Halo9 (halo11 is too big and expensive) but also considering the pioneer sph950dab if it is a decent option. I get that the kenwood 10 is supposed to be good but it is big and pretty ugly big bezels. But if there is a legitimate reason to get over others I am listening.
Thanks
Is this for a T6, the alpine interface (new version out) is far easier to install, far better graphics for parking sensors , plus mfd information. The connects2 infoadapter is really design to work with headunits that do not have the dedicated input for the parking graphics etc

we have stock of the alpine interfaces for T6 and T6.1

Hal0 905 is one of our best sellers, far nicer screen and output, than the 950 pioneer,

we also do alot of Keneood dmx9720xds and DNR992rvs , great quality hd screens, plus they also have a simple interface for parking graphics

Yeah we have stock of both kits and the halo units. I never bother with the Connects2 one I always use the alpine kit

Yeah T6 with parking sensors. Is it possible to give me a quote? For the headunit and fitting and retention kit?

Hello,

Yesterday I received the ILX-f155d and the kit: KIT-F9VW-T61 from Alpine which it contains the Alpine interface (apf-x320mib) and Alpine facia for t6.1

I have a couple of questions.

1. I understand correctly, the alpine interface retains the original microphone. Do I need to install the microphone coming with the headunit?
2. I bought FM adaptor, but I dont know if I am connecting it to the correct place (I am connecting it to REMOTE OUT) as the union seems to be bit weak/loose.

1695300383711.png 1695300418869.png

3. Finnaly checking the Alpine diagram, the cable 'SPEED sensor' should have a male connector/some connector to connect it to the 'SPEED OUPUY'. However it doesnt have any male connector/any connector. Just the cable. Do you know how to connect it ? I guess I could cut the cable and solder i, but I would like to avoid this path.

1695300573526.png

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

You retain the original Oe mic with the mib320 kit

yes that’s the correct wire for for the fm adapter, use a better connection or insulate it,

use a pioneer type male terminal for the speed pulse

I love my original one. New speakers and an amp/sub combo and that’s ok i needed.

The old one got more features than I use and in fact it took my 5 months to actually give Air play a go and now I’m hooked. That’s all I use it for despite say nav blah blah.

Hi,

Last questions.

Why it is needed to install the GPS antena? where is the best place to install it?

Do all the t6.1 coming with GPS antena (my unit doesnt have navigation system)? if it is so, it is possible to retain the original antena and avoid to install a new one?

Best regards,

Last edited:
Hello,

I have installed the new headunit and still I have a few question.

White connector

Is this the FM connector right?

1695474091157.png

1695474117770.png

However my FM adaptador have two connector and only one can fit.

1695474536049.png

Do I need to connect both for making it work? or just one?

Yellow connector

Is this the DAB connector right?

1695474070355.png

Black connector

Is this the GPS antena?

1695473602033.png

Thank you so much for the help!

Best regards,

Last edited:
Back