What’s the best head unit available?

White is DAB and FM
Yellow is USB
Black is GPS
Hi,

My FM adaptador have two cables. So only I need to connect one? then the other one do I connect the DAB?

1695490321179.png

Finally I try to connect the USB cable coming with the interface pack (alpine one) and I was not able to fit it in the USB-C socket.

So I understand this cables goes to the yellow cable right?

1695490390442.png

Thanks for all the help. I tried to someone from my soundrounding to install it... but they dont have too much (or no experience at all) with these units as they are quite expensive and people dont install them.

Best regards,

Twin white if fm
black is dab
tan/yellow is old usb

So do I need to install a GPS antena then? isnt there any GPS antena coming with the vehicule that I can retain?

I am using the alpine kit and it is coming with this cable for the usb:

1695499218390.png

So can I connect it to the old usb? to retain it?

The vehicles gps is a blue fakra plug , but just use the alpine gps,

Try that usb but il doubt it will work with yours

Is it possible to watch You tube or a film etc on the Kenwood dmx8021dabs ideally via an iPhone?

I am looking to purchase an in dash head unit as not keen on the monitor standing in front of the dashboard. The 8021 seems a good price, is there another make or model you would recommend instead?

Is it possible to watch You tube or a film etc on the Kenwood dmx8021dabs ideally via an iPhone?

I am looking to purchase an in dash head unit as not keen on the monitor standing in front of the dashboard. The 8021 seems a good price, is there another make or model you would recommend instead?
Out of the box no headunit will allow video play black via Carplay, but the 8021 has hdmi input so many use a Firestick ..

8021 is a great little unit but you do need a series of parts to install it..

we always keep stock

Is there that much difference in the screen size between a double din unit and a phone for watching videos?

Evening All,

Have been following this thread with interest as am currently undecided as to my next move re sorting the usual issues i have with my t6 head unit. I was leaning towards sorting out the remote update for car play on the official unit, but have no idea if that will in anyway help with the DAB issues (assuming not given thats aerial based) at all. I also didnt realise that there were so many viable options below the kind of price id be looking at for a Halo.

Ideally would like to spend 5/600 quid inc fitting and have all the function i currently have (sat nav, sensors, reversing cam etc) but with the addition of reliable DAB and Apple Carplay.

Any advice on how im best playing it would be much appreciated

Hi buddy we're only about an hour from you. Drop us a message or give us a call we can sort you out and answer your queries.

Cheers
Chris
Dav-Tec

Hi,

I dont know I bought this few months back:

1708505930809.png

I just waiting for the provider to send it to me.

Best regards,

Back