Westfalia detachable towbar additional parts

Sorry to resurrect this post but just purchased a T6 LWB with Westfalen tow bar fitted and there is flex/depression on the plastic bumper.

Van started out as Panel Van

So as I get the correct parts after reading through this post I assume I require

1 x 7H0 807 723. - Bumper support/plastic rail
8 x 701 867 299 01 C - Clips
8 x 357 853 586 B - Grommets
2 x 7H0 807 252 A - Foam inserts

Thanks

Sorry to resurrect this post but just purchased a T6 LWB with Westfalen tow bar fitted and there is flex/depression on the plastic bumper.

Van started out as Panel Van

So as I get the correct parts after reading through this post I assume I require

1 x 7H0 807 723. - Bumper support/plastic rail
8 x 701 867 299 01 C - Clips
8 x 357 853 586 B - Grommets
2 x 7H0 807 252 A - Foam inserts

Thanks
Probably just need the foam inserts.

I needed them after having the Westfalia installed.

If it is already fitted I think it should have all the other bits.

Probably just need the foam inserts.

I needed them after having the Westfalia installed.

If it is already fitted I think it should have all the other bits.

Thanks, definitely need the foam supports, nice to know you can slide in without removing outer bumper. I can not see the under bumper support (plastic rail) which strengthens the area under the bumper as the old crash barrier is removed (they say this is needed for panel vans). Doesn’t come (reading comments) with the kit so thought I ought to fit as well.

Reactions: CAB
'Not sure if these are any help?
View attachment 80460
View attachment 80461View attachment 80462
Some of the cuts were limited by angle grinder access....
Thanks for this! I've just done the same.
Took a bit of patience but worth it IMO as it supports the bumper beyond the towbar (unlike if using the pads), and may just help protect the bumper or body in a minor bump.
My 2017 Caravelle had the plastic rail fitted already. You can check by simply looking up under the bumper, without having to remove anything.
The only thing from me is that I went for the detachable as didn't want to forever be bashing shins on a permanent one, but now it's on I can see as the boot lid is so low and ball does not protrude much, I don't think that would of been an issue and I wish I went permanent and saved myself the money (I don't have parking sensors though).

Back