Wanted Westfalia detachable tow ball

AdamT

VIP Member
Recently bought a van that has the Westfalia detachable tow bar installed but the detachable tow ball part is not present .
Anyone have one they’d like to sell ?

I have one for a Merc that might work (i have it on ebay at the mo. Does it have the round hole? Maybe another memeber can give us the rise and protrusion dimensions of a transporter one. If it within a few mm it’ll work .

IMG_3138.jpeg

I have one for a Merc that might work (i have it on ebay at the mo. Does it have the round hole? Maybe another memeber can give us the rise and protrusion dimensions of a transporter one. If it within a few mm it’ll work .

View attachment 225311
Hi @Geordman , thanks for your message . I think I’d prefer to hold out for one made for the transporter . Cheers

Might be of use
Not cheap but I believe from pf jones or similar it’s over £300
Might be of use
Thanks @airhoguk

The entire tow bar kit is only £260 but still a lot to pay just for this piece.

@AdamT have you tried contacting PFjones or Westfalia to see about getting hold of just the detachable part?
They may even be able to say whether the Mercedes specific part will fit. I'd be very surprised if all the Swan necks were not the same.

The entire tow bar kit is only £260 but still a lot to pay just for this piece.

@AdamT have you tried contacting PFjones or Westfalia to see about getting hold of just the detachable part?
They may even be able to say whether the Mercedes specific part will fit. I'd be very surprised if all the Swan necks were not the same.
Thanks @The Bear78

@AdamT I had the same problem when bought my van without the hitch - I kept looking on eBay and FB but in the end I went to Westfalia automotive directly and they sent it to me I cannot find the details but it was certainly less than £150 may save you time and you get all the keys etc.

@AdamT I had the same problem when bought my van without the hitch - I kept looking on eBay and FB but in the end I went to Westfalia automotive directly and they sent it to me I cannot find the details but it was certainly less than £150 may save you time and you get all the keys etc.
Thanks @nelo , might give that a try .
There are a few on Facebook at the minute but most are a little farther away than I’d like to travel ideally. Thought I’d ask on here just in case somebody had one to sell that was one closer .

Back