Midland VW, Cannock

T6180

T6 Legend
Good Evening Fellow T6'rs

Has anyone used/experienced West Midlands VW in Cannock?

I'm looking to get a full suspension check-up and aligment to try and eliminate why my van slightly pulls the left and I see from their website they do a coilover level setup too.

I've had my van aligned twice on a hunters machine by my local garage but I want someone who knows Transporters and setting up coilovers

I've also read on here that to align your van properly you need to make sure the correct build code is used in the settings on the alignment machine to get it spot on so I'm hoping they are aware of this

Many thanks

Yep, I’m only up the road from them. They fitted my bilsteins ang H&R ARB’s. The did a great job of setting the ride height and I paid for 4 wheel alignment. Just before I got to take my van home they took it out for a test drive on return they said it needed the tracking adjusting. Now surely if it’s been lined up on a machine then it should be straight? This comment has always bothered me and I was always convinced that the van pulled to the left. The tyres lasted 9k miles. I’ve just changed them and the place I used had a hunter machine. I remember a thread on here from a while ago saying that a hunter was useless if you don’t have certain specs from the suspension setup. The guy who owns the tyre please assured me this wasn’t the case and they could measure the specs they need form my van.

Most of my angles were out of range. It was interesting to watch the angle measurements change in real time as they adjusted things on the hunter. After all the adjustments all my angles were green except one of the rear toe angles which cant be adjusted anyway. IMO the van seems smoother to drive and it no longer pulls to the left.

Yep, I’m only up the road from them. They fitted my bilsteins ang H&R ARB’s. The did a great job of setting the ride height and I paid for 4 wheel alignment. Just before I got to take my van home they took it out for a test drive on return they said it needed the tracking adjusting. Now surely if it’s been lined up on a machine then it should be straight? This comment has always bothered me and I was always convinced that the van pulled to the left. The tyres lasted 9k miles. I’ve just changed them and the place I used had a hunter machine. I remember a thread on here from a while ago saying that a hunter was useless if you don’t have certain specs from the suspension setup. The guy who owns the tyre please assured me this wasn’t the case and they could measure the specs they need form my van.

Most of my angles were out of range. It was interesting to watch the angle measurements change in real time as they adjusted things on the hunter. After all the adjustments all my angles were green except one of the rear toe angles which cant be adjusted anyway. IMO the van seems smoother to drive and it no longer pulls to the left.

Deaky, Thank you and sorry I'm a bit tired as it's been a long day.....so are you saying not to use them? And if so who did you use instead? I just want to get it right this time as I'm limited to time at weekends as it is plus I'm fed up of being told..."it's fine on the hunters" when it's pulling to the left when at speed on the motorway

Deaky, Thank you and sorry I'm a bit tired as it's been a long day.....so are you saying not to use them? And if so who did you use instead? I just want to get it right this time as I'm limited to time at weekends as it is plus I'm fed up of being told..."it's fine on the hunters" when it's pulling to the left when at speed on the motorway
Guess I’m saying I’d use them for any mechanical work but my local tyre place, that has a hunter machine did a better job on the wheel alignment.

Would an ordinary tyre place that has a hunter also be able to lower my B14s do you think?

Would an ordinary tyre place that has a hunter also be able to lower my B14s do you think?

Personally I would go a little further to ensure it was done by someone that knows and deals with Billy's. Last thing I would want is a "yeah, we can do it".. kind of attitude.. I'd want to know that the chosen place does this regularly... if that makes sense.

Personally I would go alittle further to ensure it was done by someone that knows and deals with Billy's. Last think I would want is a "yeah, we can do it".. kind of attitude.. I'd want to know that the chosen place does this regularly... if that makes sense.
Yeah I know you're right, was just thinking of an easy fix for my raised back end as I'm always pushed for time. I think what I'll do is book in at THQ when I'm ready for them to fit front and rear lights and they can level it as the same time. They fitted them and have had 2 attempts at it so they can sort it while I'm there this time.

FWIW i get 4 wheel alignment done every 12 months or tyre change and it needs adjusting everytime its checked

Personally I would go alittle further to ensure it was done by someone that knows and deals with Billy's. Last think I would want is a "yeah, we can do it".. kind of attitude.. I'd want to know that the chosen place does this regularly... if that makes sense.

I'd go anywhere with reason that knows what they’re doing and understand the issue if it fixes the problem

Last edited by a moderator:
9k on tyres . My vivaro before my t6 did 50k on the rears.
I've had 3 alignment's done on my t6 and it still pulls to the left.
I rang west midlands VW and they didn't know what they where talking about as far as wheel alignment. I asked them for a price on h&r sway bars , said they would ring me back , never did . I ended up fitting them myself . IMO they are not much better than standard sway bars .
I'm slowing coming to the conclusion that VW transporters look great but underneath that skin are shite

Back