Weller Steels Wheels

They look nice, crazy pokey though! What’s the offset on those?

Also are you able to share how much it costs to get a set made to spec from Weller?

Ah, now this thread has been merged I see from the other posts that Weller actually offer a T6 wheel:

However, currently the only items in stock are matt black 17x10j ET28.

How did you go about getting yours @Andytri?

Are they legal sticking out that much :oops:
yes as long as the tread in contact with the road is within the arch.

They look nice, crazy pokey though! What’s the offset on those?

Also are you able to share how much it costs to get a set made to spec from Weller?
28mm which is Weller standard for T6. I would ignore the website and contact them for stock because the site is not updated often enough. Go 9" if you're twitchy about them sticking out.
Also these only work with the small calipers.
£175 each.

28mm which is Weller standard for T6. I would ignore the website and contact them for stock because the site is not updated often enough. Go 9" if you're twitchy about them sticking out.
Also these only work with the small calipers.
£175 each.
Thanks for the info!

Do you know if the T6 wheels are all compatible with the standard VW T6 hubcaps?

I think at least some are, based on some of the images that have popped up on Google searches (e.g. below), but it would be good to know if they’re compatible by default or if maybe they need to be specced in a certain way.

805D7BD8-A047-4B3B-AC71-D610D68A24F9.jpeg

I'm afraid I don't - but the T6 guy who put me on to these had them on his Wellers...looks hopeful. BTW they don't stick out as much as it looks like in my previous photos - they just look like they do - weird!

PXL_20220517_181312439.MP.jpg

:rofl: brilliant.
I purchased a set of these a few months back because I was told they did fit all T6 models and i'm sure the website stated this at the time, but quickly realised that they don't. I put a picture of mine on Instagram, stating that it's a shame they don't fit over the big brakes and that it was odd because factory 17" steel did.
I then got a PM from the chap who owned Weller saying they do fit big brakes and I needed a 5mm spacer. So back to the internet and spacers ordered, to find that they still didn't fit :mad: to which I sent him back a message stating he was wrong. Never did get a reply to that, but there it is folks.

They don't fit the bigger brakes of a Transporter and that is a shame because they are load rated for us apparently.
I'd avoid the 10.5" rears because although they have a dish deeper than @T6180 wheel fund account :whistle: they are way too wide for most of us and have a huge amount of poke. I notice on their website that they no longer do 10.5" anyway and dropped to 9" but there might be some around 2nd hand.

These are the rears on mine. Yeah they are on daft balloon tyres, but the poke from the actual wheel was pretty immense.

View attachment 56549
Tourershine had VW hub caps on his wellers

Are they legal sticking out that much :oops:

They don't stick out as much as it looks see my other pic. Also the tread in contact w the road must be within the arches, so side wall bulge can stick out
I'm afraid I don't - but the T6 guy who put me on to these had them on his Wellers...looks hopeful. BTW they don't stick out as much as it looks like in my previous photos - they just look like they do - weird!

View attachment 156801

Thread revival!!!

I like the 10” rears. I’m almost tempted to get 2 and pair them to the std steels on the front colour matched. Maybe just space the fronts to give a little more poke. T32 here. I’d like an 8.5 for front though. Not interested in banding.

Weller say they are developing a wheel for the T32, but seriously, how long should that actually take???

Thread revival!!!

I like the 10” rears. I’m almost tempted to get 2 and pair them to the std steels on the front colour matched. Maybe just space the fronts to give a little more poke. T32 here. I’d like an 8.5 for front though. Not interested in banding.

Weller say they are developing a wheel for the T32, but seriously, how long should that actually take???
Maybe I should of counted the spokes first. Oh well...

Back