Wanted Steel wheels

Adscan

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I am looking for a used set of steel wheels to suit my T6 transporter. Nothing smaller than 17" please. With or without tyres.

I have a lovely set of duchy fully banded steels in 18inch with virtually new tyres on with loads of tread all round if of interest DM me

Are these load rated and suitable for a t6 T28 with full camper set up?
The ad states theyre genuine so, as they are suitable for a T32 at 860kg, they will be suitable for your T28 which needs 800kg rated wheels.

I am looking for a used set of steel wheels to suit my T6 transporter. Nothing smaller than 17" please. With or without tyres.

@Adscan - as stated by fellow members they are T32 OEM VW wheels which fit over the larger brakes on (most) T32s

I’ve ran a set of these (not from the seller I linked to) on my T30 which cost £100 plus powdercoating and lots of phaffing about.

While banded steels look fantastic, the fact they are cut in half and re-welded inserting a band of steel means they lose their official load rating which may be a consideration.

I think these or the OEM Amarok steels (available from Tamar for £500ish a set) look great on Transporters.

Check out the tyre threads - lots of recommendations and advice on getting the correct load rated tyre.

For £190 delivered I think they are great value for what are effectively new take off wheels.

@Paynewright
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I will be looking to pick up a ser of these wheels (not banded) and fit 235/65/17 for a lowered swamper look.
I have found some rough oness locally that I would like to media blast back to bare metal and powder coat bronze.

Just wanted to make sure they would be suitable.

When you ran them what issues did you have?

No issues at all - I ran a set of winter tyres in 235/55R17. The van felt slightly more comfortable than on the summer set 235/50R18s.

My Amaroks are 6 years old now and not looking so pristine with signs of rust emanating from the circular joint. This might be an unseen problem with second hand wheels.

My plan is to buy another new set and get them powder coated straight away and do something extra with the joint - perhaps run some clearcoat in the front and silicon the rear?? Still pondering what is the best option to slow the tin worm!

If you’re near Birmingham, City Wheel Refurbishment are good for powdercoating - cheap, no frills and reasonable quality. These are mine just back from them.

Ian
IMG_3629.jpegIMG_3627.jpeg

This is the thread where I sold them - I changed jobs and now cycle to work so my mileage has dropped loads hence only one set of wheels.

I think bronze will look great!!

Back