Weller Steels Wheels

Jonni2rets

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all has anyone purchased a set of wella steels for there van? Iv been looking at a banded set and stumbled across these, just seeing if anyone’s got any reviews about them

DA4C97B7-C11A-4CE6-BD8A-F15BB721485C.png

The advantage above OEM is they are manufactured in different widths, not banded and are weight rated at 900kg.

Not cheap are they? It would seem an odd choice to 'upgrade'? from oem steel wheels to these

Why?
They are much wider, a lot deeper, hand made, and look the nuts on a low Transporter.
I think they are a huge upgrade to standard steel wheels.

For me its just a shame the Wheller dont come in 18" (or 19s).

As for others looking the same @Tourershine , I've not seen any other wheels like mine o_O

and according to their site, their steel wheels will not fit T30/T32 with larger front disc assemblies.

I don't think they are really in the T6 at present, which is a shame

and according to their site, their steel wheels will not fit T30/T32 with larger front disc assemblies.

I don't think they are really in the T6 at present, which is a shame

:rofl: brilliant.
I purchased a set of these a few months back because I was told they did fit all T6 models and i'm sure the website stated this at the time, but quickly realised that they don't. I put a picture of mine on Instagram, stating that it's a shame they don't fit over the big brakes and that it was odd because factory 17" steel did.
I then got a PM from the chap who owned Weller saying they do fit big brakes and I needed a 5mm spacer. So back to the internet and spacers ordered, to find that they still didn't fit :mad: to which I sent him back a message stating he was wrong. Never did get a reply to that, but there it is folks.

They don't fit the bigger brakes of a Transporter and that is a shame because they are load rated for us apparently.
I'd avoid the 10.5" rears because although they have a dish deeper than @T6180 wheel fund account :whistle: they are way too wide for most of us and have a huge amount of poke. I notice on their website that they no longer do 10.5" anyway and dropped to 9" but there might be some around 2nd hand.

These are the rears on mine. Yeah they are on daft balloon tyres, but the poke from the actual wheel was pretty immense.

20190831_133615-2.jpg

Last edited:
The Weller site is totally strange; they claim to have run out of stock of 8.5" wheels (which would suit a 225 tyre); but how does this happen when you make the wheels yourself.......
Also they show a dark(ish) grey finish on the website; but then only have light grey;black;glosss black.
If you made your own wheels, wouldn't you offer a large range of finishes or even custom colours?
All very odd???

I must say though, imo there is something fundamentally right about steel wheels on any, and all T6's

The Weller site is totally strange; they claim to have run out of stock of 8.5" wheels (which would suit a 225 tyre); but how does this happen when you make the wheels yourself.......
Also they show a dark(ish) grey finish on the website; but then only have light grey;black;glosss black.
If you made your own wheels, wouldn't you offer a large range of finishes or even custom colours?
All very odd???

I must say though, imo there is something fundamentally right about steel wheels on any, and all T6's

Supply, demand, manufacture, storage, shipping and good old fashioned customers in our scene wanting the holy grail of 'different' I suspect, but I agree, they do look cool on pretty much any lowered commercial vehicle.

Supply, demand, manufacture, storage, shipping and good old fashioned customers in our scene wanting the holy grail of 'different' I suspect, but I agree, they do look cool on pretty much any lowered commercial vehicle.
I got the feeling that these wheels where British made with British steel, small batch/made to order etc....., if so none of the above is relevant. You may have a lead time, but not an out of stock as such. And the colours/finished are very limited.
I must have mis understood their offer

I've read some poor reviews and @Tourershine on here saying they sold him a set of deep dish 17s for his T6 which don't fit over his calipers!
They don't fit the bigger brakes of a Transporter and that is a shame because they are load rated for us apparently.

(I'm looking to fit exactly what he did 10Jx17s - just need to check if my calipers are small or big.)

Has anyone had a good experience with Weller wheels... they certainly looked amazing on Tourershine's T6 (post from 2019)

thanks in advance
andy

Got my 17"X10" Wellers fitted with 255/60 profile tyres. I can confirm that everything fits, no rubbing. Weller couldn't help with sizing (I had to use this forum for that) but they delivered within a week and they are beautiful wheels. Nicely finished.
Standard suspension.
I had 20" alloys but one collapsed in a pothole and I didn't like the look or hard ride so decided on this.

PXL_20220517_083850385.MP.jpg

IMG-20220517-WA0006.jpeg

PXL_20220517_082440484.MP.jpg

PXL_20220517_082358361.MP.jpg

Back