For Sale LED Footwell Lighting kits

saxoboy

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi Guys,

I have finally got around to creating an LED Footwell Light Kit….it comes with intensive instructions and all the bits and pieces for you to connect it into your van….all you need are the tools to fit it…..brute will and a crimper!

2020-02-26 20.24.06.jpg 2020-02-26 20.24.14.jpg

I’m after £27 per kit which, as always includes postage. The LED Footlights work like the existing courtesy lights in your van i.e. they will turn on when a door is opened and fade off in a few seconds, they will not stay on when driving….they are not sold as ambient lighting.

I do do other kits, which are; (and they all come with everything to connect the lights to your van including T-Taps and cable ties)

• Welcome/ Puddle Light Kit - £35 - Cast the VW emblem on the floor to create light before you enter the van when you open either the passenger or drivers door.
  • Glove Box Light & Switch Kit - £32 - a light for the glove box that turns on when you open the glove box....VW seemed to have forgotten to spend a few quid!

Thanks for looking ….Matt

I'm Interested , how long on average and compared to the puddle light kit for installation ? Thanks

hellooo @tubs ….honestly...much easier than the puddles......I would say 20 - 30mins.....just use common sense.....oh...and my instructions :) you know you want a set ;)

Regards...Matt

Hi does the footwell kit come with a light for each foot well and how easy is it to fit the glove box light?

Hi @paul61 ...yes, lights for each footwell.....should have made that clearer ;)….full kit for the van.....the glove box takes about 20- 30 mins...if you have some torx driver....which we all have in the multi sets we buy!!!

Hi Matt,
As usual put me down for a set. Are the LED's multicolored and switchable?

Hi @Spencer …….never done one yet!......I have proper Janet and John instructions for the instructions I have done...…..walk through.....a walk in the park!

@BoroBoy I knew I could rely on you.... ;)….I will PM you.....but no....these are just LED white.....as I mentioned in the pre amble....these are only white...no ambient lighting with these.....you don't need it!

Last edited:
Can I ask if this will fit the T5.1 , also trying to get hold of complete ambient kits for the door pockets?

Hi @Carl1974 yes they will fit, but you will have to cut out a hole in the lower dash trims as I think, unlike the T6, there are no pre cut slots to fit them into. I have the wiring instructions for the T5, so you should be in a good position ;)

Back