T6.1 Puddle lights

Chopsey

Hi I have just bought a 2022 T6.1 Kombi van & it has been fitted with the VW logo puddle lights fitted to the bottom of the door cards, one shows the vw logo & the other one just shows the light on the ground, are these easy to take out to repair or will I have to buy a new one? I think you can only buy them in pairs, any help advise would be much appreciated

20231217_163553.JPG

20231217_163640.JPG

Hi I have just bought a 2022 T6.1 Kombi van & it has been fitted with the VW logo puddle lights fitted to the bottom of the door cards, one shows the vw logo & the other one just shows the light on the ground, are these easy to take out to repair or will I have to buy a new one? I think you can only buy them in pairs, any help advise would be much appreciated

View attachment 223020

View attachment 223021
This reminds me that I need to replace one of my failing aftermarket puddle lights…

Anyway. The chances are the film over the lens has failed, meaning it’ll need renewing. Or you could remove the film from the other light to have them match.

To remove, you may find you can pull the light down and out of the bottom of the door card, which will reveal how it’s connected to the loom. It’s likely you’ll have to remove the door card from the door to disconnect and replace the light.
Removing the door card is simple enough - if it’s like the T6 it’s a trim-tool to remove the grab handle, a torx driver to remove some screws and a flathead driver to release a plastic screw at the bottom of the ‘card. There will be a How To on the forum somewhere.

This may help:

This reminds me that I need to replace one of my failing aftermarket puddle lights…

Anyway. The chances are the film over the lens has failed, meaning it’ll need renewing. Or you could remove the film from the other light to have them match.

To remove, you may find you can pull the light down and out of the bottom of the door card, which will reveal how it’s connected to the loom. It’s likely you’ll have to remove the door card from the door to disconnect and replace the light.
Removing the door card is simple enough - if it’s like the T6 it’s a trim-tool to remove the grab handle, a torx driver to remove some screws and a flathead driver to release a plastic screw at the bottom of the ‘card. There will be a How To on the forum somewhere.
Thanks for the advice

Back