Welcome new members

Hi
Newbie here ! Just picked up a LWB for conversion for next January. Very interested in any advise members can provide for the conversion or even recommend a good honest company to convert. I live in County Dublin . The Emerald Island

Reactions: CAB
Hi all, it’s been a LONG term dream of mine to own a camper van and I managed to convince the family (wife + 2 kids) that a Veedub was going to revolutionise our lives!! I have always said I wanted to Achieve this dream by the time I’m 40 - which will be this December. We just put a deposit on a black T6 from Big Wave Campers a week ago and have spent the week selecting wheels, interior colours and styling. We’ve gone for orange and black internally - black tops and orange cupboards. Also settled on a sweet set of oryx black alloys. We collect on 29th August! Literally can not wait!! Will post photos when collected!

Great . Looking forward in viewing the final finish on your VW, It was always my dream to have a VW , I just picked up a T6 last week , unfortunately it will be January before I will get the fit-out. Best of luck and enjoy

Good morning all.

Currently looking for our first van.
Any recommendations/ things to avoid?

Cheers

Jack
I guess it depends upon how you ultimately plan to use it. Whatever your plans, you'll find limitless amounts of help and advice on here, and limitless ways of spending far more money than you ever thought possible - although that expenditure will always be essential!! Whatever you buy, make sure it's got LED headlights, unless you like driving in the dark!

Whatever you buy, make sure it's got LED headlights, unless you like driving in the dark!
More realistically, make sure that the van you buy has NOT got H4 headlights - H7s might not be as good as LEDs but they're light years (pun intended) ahead of H4s and a hell of a lot more common. PS. LEDs can always be retrofitted later if you find H7s inadequate and funds allow.

More realistically, make sure that the van you buy has NOT got H4 headlights - H7s might not be as good as LEDs but they're light years (pun intended) ahead of H4s and a hell of a lot more common. PS. LEDs can always be retrofitted later if you find H7s inadequate and funds allow.
Are there easy ways to tell? Or is it a case of literally checking the bulbs.. (im sure its easier to spot the LED variants)

Google 'T6 H4 v H7' and you will find side by side pictures, at least of H4s and H7s - don't know about LEDs. Someone else might come along later with an idiots guide (that's not aimed at you :)).

Hello everyone!

Just placed my order for a T6.1 and already looking into what I want to do with it!

I’ve gone for a decent spec, well I think it’s is anyway, and can’t wait to get it!

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you want to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forums
Hi Everyone, should be taking delivery of our new T6 conversion tomorrow / Monday i will send pictures over when it arrives!

The only thing I would say to look out for is whether you want rear climatronic and adaptive cruise control. One is a nightmare, long job and very, very expensive to do aftermarket and the second is nigh on impossible (at time of writing)

Pretty much everything else can be done for a somewhat modest price, albeit, some more expensive than the tick box at factory, but not 'kidney selling' territory.

Hey guys... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ T6Forum virgin here! Picked up my T6.1 Kombi Highline 4 weeks ago and loving it ‘Ravenna Blue’ got a few toys to add before I got it, just need to find the time to fi them lol

-Roof bars
-Side steps
-19” alloys (purchased 20” didn’t fit waiting to be sold.. lesson learnt)
-Rear roof spoiler

*already found a few problems searched forum and going to see if it helps!

Hi all, new member.

Owned and loved my T5.1 kombi conversion in Olympus blue for 6 years now, after A LOT of thought I’ve decided to continue my Transporter adventure in a new T6.1 arriving in a few weeks.
My T5.1 and I have had our ups and downs over the years including a few EGR problems, however I’ll be very sad to see her drive off into the sunset. I’m hoping you guys will convince me I’ve made the right decision to update.

Back