Welcome new members

I read about the lack of a foot rest in the T6.1 before getting my T6 and thought to myself that I wouldn’t like it.
Having driven my T6 for a few months now, I’m finding that I don’t use the foot rest at all, I sit with my lower leg upright with my foot flat on the floor just in front of the seat. So a T6.1 in the future wouldn’t concern me.
I’ve find no issues with no foot rest in my T6.1 dsg but I’m only 5”10 maybe people over 6ft will do.

The real issue is the transporter is a work vehicle ( in the eyes of VW ) So White van driver just needs a functional dashboard...some where to put his/ her coffee ( cup holder has moved again ) ....The comfort dash on the T6 was something near to a car like experience
Well I’ve just checked a few web pages ..Even the California T6.1has the same dashboard layout ...WOW....so nowhere to hide the sweets from the kids and your hot coffee steaming up the window screen .....Umm will it ever change ...you either buy a new van now then find out later the spec has changed After spending ££££££. Or just wait....but I love my comfort dash :inlove:

I test drove a T6 run-out model and the T6.1 and if I'm honest I felt the ride was better in the T6. That had a foot rest and it felt like a more comfortable driving position. It wasn't that the 6.1 was awful, it's just I noticed I was struggling to rest my left leg somewhere comfy. It's entirely possible that once driven for a while your leg settles somewhere and you get used to it. I'm just surprised that it's been omitted. I can only assume that, as already mentioned, the electronic power steering gubbins is in the way.

Unfortunately, driving the T6 reminded me too much of my 2010 Passat. The dash, clocks and buttons are virtually the same. It's a lot of money to spend on a car 10 years newer that looks the same inside... The colour choices on the T6 are much nicer too. The Fontana red is

I test drove a T6 run-out model and the T6.1 and if I'm honest I felt the ride was better in the T6. That had a foot rest and it felt like a more comfortable driving position. It wasn't that the 6.1 was awful, it's just I noticed I was struggling to rest my left leg somewhere comfy. It's entirely possible that once driven for a while your leg settles somewhere and you get used to it. I'm just surprised that it's been omitted. I can only assume that, as already mentioned, the electronic power steering gubbins is in the way.

Unfortunately, driving the T6 reminded me too much of my 2010 Passat. The dash, clocks and buttons are virtually the same. It's a lot of money to spend on a car 10 years newer that looks the same inside... The colour choices on the T6 are much nicer too. The Fontana red is
It seems to me that VW have rushed the 6.1 to compete with others...and cut corners to save money.. the front has grown on me but I like clean lines and that blob on the roof spoils it....the unfortunate thing VW will carry over a lot of its interiors...Skoda being a classic
Having retired I’m trying to stop playing that game of changing every few years.....besides the wife would kill me :eek:

I read about the lack of a foot rest in the T6.1 before getting my T6 and thought to myself that I wouldn’t like it.
Having driven my T6 for a few months now, I’m finding that I don’t use the foot rest at all, I sit with my lower leg upright with my foot flat on the floor just in front of the seat. So a T6.1 in the future wouldn’t concern me.
You have a lower leg...??!! Mine are both on the same side!! :fast rofl:

The real issue is the transporter is a work vehicle ( in the eyes of VW )

Yes, this is why we can’t get the level of equipment that a car of the same age has such as climate control, electronic handbrakes, digital dashboards and adaptive headlights. (Discounting Californias/Caravelles obviously)

Last edited:
Yes, this is why we can’t get the level of equipment that a car of the same age has such as electronic handbrakes, digital dashboards and adaptive headlights.
Agree...my bro has just got a golf 7.5 Run out model ...Wow the kit on that, but one odd thing the headlights have twin LEDs on appearance but only one on each side works ( it’s the model just below the Gti ). It’s bit like the false tail pipes on exhausts ...
If it’s fitted it should work...not let’s try and fool buyers:confused:

Morning all - thanks for welcoming me in - I’m new to vans, just bought a used 6.1 199bhp SWB Kombi and plan, for now to keep it pretty std and use it to tow small caravan and bike racks but will probably convert it in the future. Will look around for advice as to the must have accessories and minor customisations (with my ltd car DIY experience !). One thing I have to change is the terrible looking dash ‘storage compartment’ for the tachometer, so ugly. Anyone have any ideas how I replace or remove it? Didn’t know it had one till I collected. My wife can barely see over it! Cheers!

image.jpg

Morning all - thanks for welcoming me in - I’m new to vans, just bought a used 6.1 199bhp SWB Kombi and plan, for now to keep it pretty std and use it to tow small caravan and bike racks but will probably convert it in the future. Will look around for advice as to the must have accessories and minor customisations (with my ltd car DIY experience !). One thing I have to change is the terrible looking dash ‘storage compartment’ for the tachometer, so ugly. Anyone have any ideas how I replace or remove it? Didn’t know it had one till I collected. My wife can barely see over it! Cheers!

View attachment 79190
Hi @BernieM99 Welcome...that tachometer ( assume its for work ) just looks Vw plonked it on top...12v socket good idea ... Im sure the after markets will catch up and have a better solution .. but for now enjoy ur van :)

Morning all - thanks for welcoming me in - One thing I have to change is the terrible looking dash ‘storage compartment’ for the tachometer, so ugly.
Welcome along. Some T6 van owners have that too. The aperture would make a great screen for leisure battery voltage etc. if you do keep it. I’m not sure what mess would be left if you removed it, and don’t think any aftermarket parts for the T6.1 dash are out yet.

Welcome along. Some T6 van owners have that too. The aperture would make a great screen for leisure battery voltage etc. if you do keep it. I’m not sure what mess would be left if you removed it, and don’t think any aftermarket parts for the T6.1 dash are out yet.
Thanks - hadn’t thought about the leisure battery for future, good shout and I’ll keep an eye out for after market solutions. Loving the van so far

Hi all..been browsing a while but didn't want to post before picking up my T6 and jinx it!!

Got her today, 66 plate T32 SWB 204 Highline in Candy White. Fairly basic spec but has heated seats and folding mirrors. Big change from a C7 A6 Avant, but at 6'9" with not small children (even though they are both under 6 (years old and feet..for now)!!) it was time to get something with proper space. So far so good and really enjoying it. Its standard for now but I will slowly make changes over time. Will post some pictures to team white ASAP.

Look forward to wasting (making the most of) many an evening here!

Hi all..been browsing a while but didn't want to post before picking up my T6 and jinx it!!

Got her today, 66 plate T32 SWB 204 Highline in Candy White. Fairly basic spec but has heated seats and folding mirrors. Big change from a C7 A6 Avant, but at 6'9" with not small children (even though they are both under 6 (years old and feet..for now)!!) it was time to get something with proper space. So far so good and really enjoying it. Its standard for now but I will slowly make changes over time. Will post some pictures to team white ASAP.

Look forward to wasting (making the most of) many an evening here!
Hello and welcome....:thumbsup:

Hello and welcome....:thumbsup:
Great choice - I think they look great in Candy White! I've got the heebie jeebies now about jinxing mine now, I shook hands on it last week as a 9 seater DSG Shuttle. The SCA pop roof arrived today to be sprayed and fitted over the next 2 weeks...I can't wait. We've always had vans, since the kids were 3 months old. 21 and 17 now. From an old D reg LT31 to and 814 Merc house truck, to a T5 "project" to this T6 DSG Shuttle...Enjoy the van, like you I expect to while away a bit of time on here too over the coming months!!! :)

Hi just joined recently too
Going to pick up a T6 highline kombi tomorrow in candy white,

looking forward to the mods and space. Will be a family car but first mod parts are on order.
Thanks for the inspiration guys.
Go team white

Hi

We've had our t6 16 plate candy white camper for 3 weeks now, 2nd trip away his weekend. Enjoying all the tips and looking at the next big £ purchase of solar panels

looking forward to the mods and space. Will be a family car but first mod parts are on order.
Go team white
Hi

We've had our t6 16 plate candy white camper for 3 weeks now, 2nd trip away his weekend. Enjoying all the tips and looking at the next big £ purchase of solar panels
Welcome to Team Candy White both!

Don’t forget pics, we love a T6 pic :laugh:

Go team white
Hi

Hello to you both and welcome....look guys Team Grey is far the biggest colour on the forum and by buying a few candy White vans will make no difference....:inlove:.your only saving grace there both T6’s( or 6.1 ) Ok I’m only joking.. Never the less ..Welcome :laugh:

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Back