Welcome new members

I'm sure this has been exhaustively discussed and I did try a search, then I got distracted by the for sale section...... but is there a Connect Data Plug available for the T6.1 ??

Morning all,

Thought i would stop in here and say hello as a new member. Just purchased a new to me 2016 T6 LWB Shuttle and will be looking at ways of making it my own. This forum has come up on a few searches of things i'm looking to do so i figure it'll be worthwhile to get involved.

Rusty Mac

Hello all, I’ve got a new 6.1 LWB on order that will be converted by Bodans Camper Vans. I should have it by next April. I hope to be able to find useful tips and info on here.

Hello all, I’ve got a new 6.1 LWB on order that will be converted by Bodans Camper Vans. I should have it by next April. I hope to be able to find useful tips and info on here.
Settle down with a cup of tea or several, and your wallet handy, and start reading. It's going to be expensive :laugh:
You have no idea of the number of things you'll see that you never knew you needed!

We looked at Bodans before getting ours, what conversion are you going for?

And what spec van / colours?

Hi all, new to the forum. Build started on T6.1 conversion today. Just want to say thanks to the many many users on this forum that have posted helpful advice. Being new to this world it’s helped a lot.

We looked at Bodans before getting ours, what conversion are you going for?

And what spec van / colours?
I went for the Crantock conversion on a new 6.1 Highline T30 LWB 150ps DSG in Ravenna Blue. Having loads of extras on the van like heated seats, single seats, TPMS, rear view cam. The highline has some good extras over the Startline anyway. On the conversion I added under chassis water and gas tank, leather upholstery, solar panel, diesel heater, rear spoiler. Haven’t picked the internal or leather colours yet. I had to stop there as the cost was going up at an alarming rate lol

Settle down with a cup of tea or several, and your wallet handy, and start reading. It's going to be expensive :laugh:
You have no idea of the number of things you'll see that you never knew you needed!
Haha, I’ve already spent many hours searching for extras but the wife has put her foot down lol

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
I went for the Crantock conversion on a new 6.1 Highline T30 LWB 150ps DSG in Ravenna Blue. Having loads of extras on the van like heated seats, single seats, TPMS, rear view cam. The highline has some good extras over the Startline anyway. On the conversion I added under chassis water and gas tank, leather upholstery, solar panel, diesel heater, rear spoiler. Haven’t picked the internal or leather colours yet. I had to stop there as the cost was going up at an alarming rate lol
With the rear kitchen? The Crantock / Clee was on our to-see list before we got impatient and went for the Leisuredrive. Sounds like a good spec, and LWB should be fine for storage. Gas and water underneath also frees up loads of space. If I was doing it again, would probably go for a very similar spec, 150 dsg. :thumbsup:

With the rear kitchen? The Crantock / Clee was on our to-see list before we got impatient and went for the Leisuredrive. Sounds like a good spec, and LWB should be fine for storage. Gas and water underneath also frees up loads of space. If I was doing it again, would probably go for a very similar spec, 150 dsg. :thumbsup:
Yep rear kitchen and fixed cassette toilet. I was glad to find a layout like this as it will work better for us. Bodans look like a quality conversion as well.

Reactions: CAB
Good Evening, new member here!! Just picked up my T6 today after years of admiring we finally made the jump. Can anyone point me in the direction to a beginners guide to electrics so I know what I’m looking at etc.. thanks in advance. Neil

Good Evening, new member here!! Just picked up my T6 today after years of admiring we finally made the jump. Can anyone point me in the direction to a beginners guide to electrics so I know what I’m looking at etc.. thanks in advance. Neil

Welcome to the forum. Do you the vehicle electrics (CANBUS etc) or “leisure“ electrics - the stuff you add for campers etc ?
Cheers,

Pete

Welcome to the forum. Do you the vehicle electrics (CANBUS etc) or “leisure“ electrics - the stuff you add for campers etc ?
Cheers,

Pete
Hi Pete thanks for the reply, I after a basic understanding for my camper it’s fitted with a leisure battery. the van came in pax at a Volkswagen dealership I work at and the previous owner can’t be contacted as he’s moved abroad with work or I would have picked his brains

Hello! New member up on the Scottish west coast here! Recently bought an ex-rental 18 plate T6. Planning on doing some bits and bobs to it so hope to pick some brains on here every now and then if that's ok.

Quick question to start with: the van has the discover media head unit and when I try to connect an iPhone with app connect it tells me I need an activation code. I've read a few posts on here that say it's gonna cost me 250 quid + to get it done at a vw dealer. There's a 'guy on Facebook' - North East VAG Adaptions that claims to be able to do it remotely for £100. I'm pretty dubious - has anyone come across these guys? Any good? Is it too good to be true?

A01A8FFE-FD13-473B-8E8F-B8D31A9EAF0F.JPG

Hello! New member up on the Scottish west coast here! Recently bought an ex-rental 18 plate T6. Planning on doing some bits and bobs to it so hope to pick some brains on here every now and then if that's ok.

Quick question to start with: the van has the discover media head unit and when I try to connect an iPhone with app connect it tells me I need an activation code. I've read a few posts on here that say it's gonna cost me 250 quid + to get it done at a vw dealer. There's a 'guy on Facebook' - North East VAG Adaptions that claims to be able to do it remotely for £100. I'm pretty dubious - has anyone come across these guys? Any good? Is it tofo good to be true?

View attachment 80117
Hi @Lambchoplee ..Welcome ....I was in same boat regarding iPhone (CarPlay) & app connect but decided to change headunit to Kenwood as carplay was standard....Never known a remote activation but @Deaky might have your answer to whether it’s possible :)

Hi @Lambchoplee ..Welcome ....I was in same boat regarding iPhone (CarPlay) & app connect but decided to change headunit to Kenwood as carplay was standard....Never known a remote activation but @Deaky might have your answer to whether it’s possible :)
Watching this too, seen the post on Facebook, I assume he can do what he says he can or you would soon know about it on FB

Back