Welcome new members

New member here. I signed up today but picked up my T6 SWB highline Kombi on Tuesday. Like a lot of the threads I have read through, the intent is to convert into a camper or similar over the next few months. Though I could, I'm not intending to DIY so I am open to recommendations.

There's so many options.... I could get one company to do it all, get the best companies to individual bits, I could go for the standard layout or something that better suits my needs. Materials, styling, comfort practicality - jeeeze so much, I don't know where to start.

I'd like to get some of the van s/w options modified (folding mirrors on lock, drive away locking, etc) so will need to find someone friendly in the area with VCDS. Not sure what order to get the rest done or just hand it over with a ton of cash and wait for a final result. There seems to be a lot of conversion companies in the south west (Devon / Cornwall), North and Scotland. Anybody know of similar in the south M3 or M4 corridor?

I'd be happy to meet up with similar minded in this area, especially if I'm allowed a mooch around their van or chat about conversions so I can get some ideas where to start. I have a lot to learn and I'm sure there's beer tokens for experiences shared.

Hi all, new to the whole vw t6 scene. Having owned a couple of Audis which I’m never touching with a barge pole again I have decided to buy a t6 Kombi to use as a family bus. I picked up a 68 plate t32 Kombi highlife swb last week and couldn’t be any happier, space isn’t a problem anymore, hopefully start changing a few things on it when I get some cash.

View attachment 44317
Nice bus jonni2rets

I had the usual agonising colour choice - it's easier on these though than most cars I've had as the range is pretty limited. I started out with Blackberry as favourite only to be told it had been discontinued! Then I went to Acapulco blue but after settling on Indium I called in to the local VW dealers to see a Bamboo Green Kombi on their forecourt and I very nearly changed the order. When I picked up mine yesterday most of the others being converted were grey. Like so many on this forum, I'm a bit mystified why VW restricts its colour palette so much on the Highline. Perhaps T6.1 will bring some new tones - I quite liked that metallic red on the launch vehicle.

Hi Everyone. I’ve just bought a 65 plate T6 Highline. It should be delivered to me middle of next week. I plan to self convert. I’m sure I’ll be asking lots of questions over the following months as I work my way through the list of tasks that need done. Any help would be greatly appreciated

New member. We purchase our first T6 Highline on Monday with conversion by redline - looking forward to lots of trips to France!

Well hello!

I took delivery of my T6 yesterday and the journey begins! Loads of newbie questions coming your way... :)

BTW, I blame all of you sound people I spoke to at Stonor last week for helping me to spend a small fortune :)

John

Hi Alex
I've just collected my 19 caravelle exec dsg last Thursday
I love it bags of space and storage I have 4 children aged 15, 10, 4 and 2 and one more on his way in a week ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We looked at every 7 seater on the market GLS, Q7, Discovery, xc90 none of them could cut it for the space especially with us needing 3 points for isofix car seats
The caravelle is perfect for us. If you need any info just message me I'll try to answer anything for you
Done, collected and happy.

We went for a 2012 180 and so far am very happy.

I hope that your new arrival went well?

And so to read up about floor mats.

Al.

Done, collected and happy.

We went for a 2012 180 and so far am very happy.

I hope that your new arrival went well?

And so to read up about floor mats.

Al.

Highly recommend Rugs For Bugs.
We got ours delivered (all the way to the North of Scotland) with no fuss. I wanted a specific colour to match our van and he suggested which one would be closest and it is. Very reasonably priced too... although my £25 set very quickly became more because I bought other mats too. They are so pretty.
Important side note (not to cost the guy money) but if you sign up to their newsletter, you get 10% off your first order. Bargain as I was going to buy them from there anyway.
:)

Saying hello from Zurich.
2017 T6 SWB 150 4M DSG - it was the "Wave" edition - which means about 10k (chf) of options thrown in for about 2k - netted out cheaper than using a fleet discount anyway.
Spec: LED lights (epic), full nav with apple (really useful), twin sliding doors with hydraulic assist, 2-2-3 seating, city assist, tinted rear windows, climatronic front and rear, colour display, towbar, reversing camera and park sensors - 4 year warranty and 10 year servicing. 17" Cascavel winter wheels and the ones in the Avatar (18") for summer

I then added the stripes and lower decals

A841AF2D-349F-41CE-9490-4A1FE02C03DD.jpeg Hi, I’m a newb to the forum.
I’ve had the van since last August and now looking forward to getting a few toys in the coming weeks.
Looking round the forum is some great info.
A quick picture from new van day last year.

Hi All,

Just purchased my SWB T6. Currently planning to use it as a works vehicle.... believe it or not! Then will be converting it in 18-24months into a camper. Will be installing drawers in the back under a false floor just to get an idea of space! Going to spend the rest of this weekend trawling the forum!!

I’ll post updates as I go - Unfortunately the colour will be going, full wrap in company colours, Orange, Black and White!!

30C76ECC-4BD5-48CF-B314-D6BFFE21987D.jpeg

188A5845-78B9-4C63-82CC-134A57B945ED.jpeg

So, my van was delivered on Wednesday after a long wait and I’ve got to say I absolutely love it already. My last car was an Audi A6 Avant s- line so left some serious comfort etc but my van is soooooo much better. I’ve had loads of cars over the years, some VDubs (golf gti’s VR6’s) Lancia Delta Integrale, Cosworths etc but my new van beats them all, it’s ace <3

vQhluV3.jpg

So, my van was delivered on Wednesday after a long wait and I’ve got to say I absolutely love it already. My last car was an Audi A6 Avant s- line so left some serious comfort etc but my van is soooooo much better. I’ve had loads of cars over the years, some VDubs (golf gti’s VR6’s) Lancia Delta Integrale, Cosworths etc but my new van beats them all, it’s ace <3

View attachment 45790
I did the same, swapped an A6 avant black edition 272 for my van, never been happier.

Back