Welcome new members

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::somersault:
Hello everyone, I am quite new to the forum so I thought I would stop by and introduce myself :waving:

After many years of dreaming of owning a Transporter I am happy to say I am now a proud owner of a T6. The aim is to convert it into a day van/camper so this forum has been an excellent find. I have spent hours looking through the forum and in the end, it definitely encouraged me with my purchase.
Hi mike I’m also new so welcome to the forum

Hello
We have just bought a 2017 T6 panel van (t32) as my wifes 'company vehicle' for her Engineering Recruitment business :)
We plan on doing lots of stuff, including a hilo roof, lowering (a bit, not slammed), noise dampening/insulation a removable furniture system, a track rail system in the floor as we need to carry a motorbike (or two) sometimes. The list is pretty long and quite daunting, even trying to prioritising the list is proving difficult!!

Very excited to get started and looking forward to may adventures in him (his name is Wolfgang apparently).

Deaks :)

IMG_0777.jpeg

Hello
We have just bought a 2017 T6 panel van (t32) as my wifes 'company vehicle' for her Engineering Recruitment business :)
We plan on doing lots of stuff, including a hilo roof, lowering (a bit, not slammed), noise dampening/insulation a removable furniture system, a track rail system in the floor as we need to carry a motorbike (or two) sometimes. The list is pretty long and quite daunting, even trying to prioritising the list is proving difficult!!

Very excited to get started and looking forward to may adventures in him (his name is Wolfgang apparently).

Deaks :)

View attachment 42939
Welcome aboard, look forward to some more pics as the work starts

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you want to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forums

Hello everyone, I’m new here... I’m a very excited nearly T6 owner, have ordered and awaiting delivery on the 1st of September. It’s a 150 lwb highline indium grey. Not sure how this will go down here but I’m actually gonna use it for a work van. My main goal is going to be preserving the van as much as possible to keep its resale value as high as possible when I sell it in 3 years to buy a new one. If anybody has got any hints and tips in this regard I’d be grateful, and looking forward to get to know some of you :)

Hello everyone, I’m new here... I’m a very excited nearly T6 owner, have ordered and awaiting delivery on the 1st of September. It’s a 150 lwb highline indium grey. Not sure how this will go down here but I’m actually gonna use it for a work van. My main goal is going to be preserving the van as much as possible to keep its resale value as high as possible when I sell it in 3 years to buy a new one. If anybody has got any hints and tips in this regard I’d be grateful, and looking forward to get to know some of you :)
A work van!!!!!!! O dear we gotta a bit of a sick one ere folk;).
Check out the thread “work van Wednesday”.
And Welcome.

Hi all, I'll be picking up a new T6 SWB indium grey 150 dsg this week and wanted to say hello, and thanks for the vast amount of useful information that's been posted. The almost universal loathing of the standard headlights has directed me towards my first mod, I'm swapping out the standard units for the drl full led units from Travelin-Lite which I'll install as soon as I get the keys;

VW T6 DRL Headlights (Full LED bulbs)

If anyone's interested I'll post a review of what they look like. In the meantime, thanks again, I've got a bit more Reading to do.....

Hi
Just bought a T6 lwb! We have been running a swb Vivaro for a few years and finally got round to buying the van we wanted. Haven’t collected it yet, but it’s T6 lwb highline 150bhp. Initially it’ll be just a panel van for lugging the outdoor kit around. The plan is reasonably basic conversion to camper with a garage section on the back to house the mtbs.
There will be many questions........
Jack

Hi all. New joiner to the forum, after lurking in the shadows and reading tons of useful stuff over the last couple of weeks. First Campervan, bought it already converted but stuff I'd like to do to it (swap out to a mfsw for a start, might even look at upgrading the candles at the front). Thanks.

Hi all, I’ve been snooping for a while without actually signing up - really useful threads when I was looking at buying a T6 to convert to camper.

Anyway I bought a t30 140 swb indium grey partially converted ( rib bed and some furniture) however I’m going to add appliances and pop top etc and do the exterior.

I’ll be likely in need of plenty of help/suggestion along the way so thanks in advance.

Hi There,

Picked up My 18 Plate T6 Transporter Highline dsg yesterday and bought some Amarok 19" alloys size of 255 - 55 - 19 was wondering would these fit straight on or would i have to change the tyres?
I also want to get the splitter and barn door spoiler anyone recommend where to purchase from....

Thanks

Good morning all.

This week I finally bought a T6. After years of dreaming I secured a really well spec’d pre-reg with 31 miles on the clock.
I’m like a kid at the moment and counting the days until I get it. It’s got lots of toys on it and I’m a massive gadget freak so should keep me entertained for a while.

A question to you my brothers and sisters;

What are the immediate bits I need to buy that either improves security (spare wheel lock for example), ease of use, protect from wear, etc etc?

Your advice would be gratefully received

Cheers
Jason

Good morning all.

This week I finally bought a T6. After years of dreaming I secured a really well spec’d pre-reg with 31 miles on the clock.
I’m like a kid at the moment and counting the days until I get it. It’s got lots of toys on it and I’m a massive gadget freak so should keep me entertained for a while.

A question to you my brothers and sisters;

What are the immediate bits I need to buy that either improves security (spare wheel lock for example), ease of use, protect from wear, etc etc?

Your advice would be gratefully received

Cheers
Jason
Welcome to the forum and dont forget the photos. I won't list every thing you might need but let's just say you could end up spending a few thousand more:whistle:

Welcome to the forum and dont forget the photos. I won't list every thing you might need but let's just say you could end up spending a few thousand more:whistle:
As soon as I have it in my grubby mits I’ll post some photos. I was naively hoping for the “top 5 essential upgrades, that won’t break the bank or incentivise the wife to murder” stuff like the spare wheel lock. Big stuff like new alloys and coil overs can wait til end of the year.

:) Then for a start look at door seals, windscreen rubber to prevent stuff vanishing behind the dashboard, Wheel lock, Ghost immobiliser, ceramic coating, Carista or VCDS, and the most important a T6 forum sticker:thumbsup:

Cheers Peatey! Everything else I get but confused by Door seals? Are the std T6 ones no good. Honestly. I’m freakin’ clueless.

Back