Welcome new members

Hey
Just purchased a T6 Kombi (a dream for ages) picked it up tonight. Next logical step,join you guys and girls to get some knowledge about mods/conversions etc.

Hey All,

Just thought I would say Hi, new to the VW world, our new T6 Caravelle arrives next week and very excited to see what she can do. Having 4 kids and a big caravan hoping she lives upto the hype.

Coming from a Range Rover as a tow car and and Renault Espace as the family wagon, so combing the two.

Looking forward to lots of discussions and and drawing on all your knowledge.

:)

Joined the club today :thumbsup:

Picked up a 2015 t6 kombi so must be one of the first t6. It's a 180 dsg 4motion with twin sliders, so quite a hard spec to find hence buying it near London and driving it home to north of Aberdeen!! Currently 400 miles and 7hrs done 120 miles to go :sleep: little computer says 34mpg which isn't bad when sitting at 80 :whistle:

Joined the club today :thumbsup:

Picked up a 2015 t6 kombi so must be one of the first t6. It's a 180 dsg 4motion with twin sliders, so quite a hard spec to find hence buying it near London and driving it home to north of Aberdeen!! Currently 400 miles and 7hrs done 120 miles to go :sleep: little computer says 34mpg which isn't bad when sitting at 80 :whistle:
enjoy the van, I found choice was so limited locally and prices were crazy in comparison to going south, I didn't have to go quite as far south as you though.

Cheers,
Have done it twice before for subaru imports so didn't really bother me, being close to airport helps more than being closer

Hello everyone!
This is my first post in this forum. I'm a independent courier (long distance). I've always been a VW Transporter fan but never owned one. Currently drive Ford Transit Connect and due to my customer needs I have to upgrade to a bigger van - T6.

Hello everyone.
First time t6 camper van owner. Can’t wait to start travelling England and further afield.
Any nice recommendations On where to go

Hello everyone.
First time t6 camper van owner. Can’t wait to start travelling England and further afield.
Any nice recommendations On where to go
Congratulations! Being an ex HGV driver and now courier driver I travelled across UK several times :). I can highly recommend couple of driving trips:
1. Snowdonia , hours of picturesque drives there, especially roads like A4212, A470, A487, A4086, B4406 actually anywhere within Snowdonia National Park you go is beautiful. Whilst there I highly recommend taking an extra 45min and driving towards Porthmadog (nice small town) and than is only a stone throw to Morfa Bychan where you can take a Beach Road which leads straight to the... beach! Beautiful sandy, flat and wide which you can actually drive on or stop for a sunset for example.
2. Cornwall! (it should actually be number one :). Small camper van like T6 its ideal for narrow roads and also plenty of camper van friendly places there. Driving to Cornwall just stay away of the A30 and anywhere will be beautiful (use it on a return journey).
3. If you love piece and quiet I recommend Isle of Man, love the empty roads during the day!

There's so many nice places! Other places worth visit are Devon south coast, Dorset coast, White Cliffs of Dover and than scenic drive to Brighton, Lake District National Park, Peak District National Park and of course Scotland, ( beautiful Loch Lomond lake just outside Glasgow if you in the area ), Brecon Beacons National Park.
That's it for now...

Congratulations! Being an ex HGV driver and now courier driver I travelled across UK several times :). I can highly recommend couple of driving trips:
1. Snowdonia , hours of picturesque drives there, especially roads like A4212, A470, A487, A4086, B4406 actually anywhere within Snowdonia National Park you go is beautiful. Whilst there I highly recommend taking an extra 45min and driving towards Porthmadog (nice small town) and than is only a stone throw to Morfa Bychan where you can take a Beach Road which leads straight to the... beach! Beautiful sandy, flat and wide which you can actually drive on or stop for a sunset for example.
2. Cornwall! (it should actually be number one :). Small camper van like T6 its ideal for narrow roads and also plenty of camper van friendly places there. Driving to Cornwall just stay away of the A30 and anywhere will be beautiful (use it on a return journey).
3. If you love piece and quiet I recommend Isle of Man, love the empty roads during the day!

There's so many nice places! Other places worth visit are Devon south coast, Dorset coast, White Cliffs of Dover and than scenic drive to Brighton, Lake District National Park, Peak District National Park and of course Scotland, ( beautiful Loch Lomond lake just outside Glasgow if you in the area ), Brecon Beacons National Park.
That's it for now...

Thanks mate for the recommendation I’ll have a look into them. :thumbsup:

Hello all.... new T6 owner here, our first VW transporter Kombi. Its the Euro 5 Highline 140 BMT model, and we're loving it already (albeit app-connect locked for android auto *sigh).
It has been a long dream of mine to own a transporter, now I finally have one :)
Primarily going to be used as a day bus for mountain biking and the occasional night away, and of course family holidays.

Now I need to look for seat covers

Thanks Lee.
Had VWs for nearly 30 years, but relative newcomer to modern stuff. Had a Mkll Caddy, an Indian Blue T4 and then a Candy White and Reflex Silver T6s before this one.

Also run these.

FA94AFD0-F1D5-4FA5-A33E-06F3046120D7.png

Last edited:
Back