Welcome new members

Hi @Glenn
Hit the “forum” tab, top left.
Select which area your post will be relevant in i.e “show us your T6”.
In the top right corner there is a blue box “post new thread” press it.
Give your thread a title, then start writing.
Cheers done

Hi,
Just popped on here as we’re taking the VW plunge :D. Hoping to either buy a van and pay for conversion or buy a converted van?!? Not sure which is best yet so will have a mooch round to see what other folks have done.

Hello new member here. Currently have my heart and mind set on potentially getting my first campervan. Ideally T6 already converted. Or go all out on a California ocean.

Hello new member here. Currently have my heart and mind set on potentially getting my first campervan. Ideally T6 already converted. Or go all out on a California ocean.

We are in the same boat, can’t decide which is the better option.:confused: We’ve seen Camperking and also been to Denby Campervans who do the whole van+conversion with 12 month warranty which we liked a lot. Or do we get a van and then conversion separate- would it be cheaper? We’re off to vw in action at Santa Pod this weekend to hopefully get a few ideas in the world of VW. I’m just dreading rocking up in the Audi :notworthy:
If I could find the extra I’d be with you on the California though- the sliding beds sway me as we need the boot space!

Everyone to their own when it comes to conversions but you have to weigh up the cost of the van & conversion compared to the cost of a Cali ocean, not sure there is a lot of difference if your buying off a converter new

Reactions: Ani
Hi all, great forum :thumbsup:. Just mulling over getting either a caravelle or a transporter (with the £10k difference in price put into some mods). Needs to be a daily family car (2 kids) and occasional camper. Getting loads of good advice and solutions on here.

Hello to all, first post here. My T6 arrived at the converters yesterday, so it's about to become a reality. I had a trusty T5 camper for nine years, so the camper side of things isn't new to me, but the T6 is radically different to its predecessor, so I have a lot to learn.

First T6 - 2.jpg

First T6.jpg

Yes. Previous van was a high-top, but over the years as I learnt more, I realised I didn't need it, so this time its a pop top, rear elevating as I'm having a rear kitchen/washroom, also having gone off the idea of rock and roll beds and side units.

Pop top is a bit easier on the eyes than a high top :). Good luck and post a couple pics on completion.

Certainly is, no more kids asking to buy an ice-cream either! Still a while to wait, as it doesn't go into the workshops until end of Oct. and then a further 6 weeks being done. Having a heater this time, so might go away at Xmas for a few days.

Back