Welcome new members

Hi all readers,
I justed signed up as new member. I bought my T6 (from 2016) in 2022 and hope to learn a lot here.
In the past (the 90's) I had a T4 and liked it a lot. But my T6 has a lot more options.
Especially I like the ACC and the 4motion..
When I bought the van, it was fitted with low-profile tires and and a lowered suspension.
Both are useless when you plan to go off-road sometimes. Now I have the standard suspension with 215/70R16.
Sofar no probs in the (mild) dirt.
At the moment I am busy to convert it into a camper. Hoping that the dutch RDW are not to strict with me.
cross my fingers, check is on march 23rd.
all the best from the Netherlands.

Hi all

I'm en-route to pick up my T6 Kombi just now. Indium grey, 204 4M Diff lock. Let's see how it turns out.

Catch y'all later

Snup
This is the one I got. 2019 Kombi, T32, LWB, 4motion with Diff-lock, 204BMT, Comfort dash and sportline trim. Wahoo, the adventure begins.20230312_145715.jpgIMG-20230305-WA0015.jpgIMG-20230305-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20230305-WA0011.jpg
All sound deadened and carpeted but the previous owner didn't upgrade the sound, so I'll be setting that right. Along with a few other lifestyle choices.

It goes some...

Thanks.
Snup

Hi everyone, we’re Craig & Jo we’re new members on here. We’ve used the forum a few times over the years for advice and when searching for ideas and tips during our van build.

BEFCD7CD-179D-4798-ADBC-CB7ABF3077A0.jpeg
3ADDB804-57E6-4615-91C2-414B4067F28F.jpeg
This our 2017 Peppermint T6 FeeBee. We’ve owned her since Sept 2019 having bought her as an ex-distribution van and converted her into our getaway home on wheels. We had recently put her up for sale as we’ve always planned to upscale eventually, but after a couple of viewings we’ve come to our senses and we’re keeping her. Telling our story to prospective buyers made us realise what we’d got and we’re not quite ready yet to move up to a Crafter as our only vehicle. We’ve swapped our kids for kit as they’ve flown off to uni and we now need to alter her layout to suit our new style of adventures. We need to store our kayak, electric scooters & folding bikes so we’re now looking at smart storage solutions.

We’ll be scanning through here looking for inspiration, and we’ll obviously be joining the Team Green pages!
Craig & Jo

Update.
Found our van and collect next week.
IMG_0101.jpeg

Hi all,
New to this forum, and must add it looks amazing.
I am on the hunt for a T6.1 SWB 150Ps with low milage and either converted or I will have it done myself.
Look forward to picking all you experienced experts minds in the future.

Regards from South Wales

Last edited:
Bought recently, my first van. Already converted and now with a diesel heater. Sorting out the rattles and fixing the minor issues, should keep me busy for a long time and stop my bank balance from growing!E73DF6D5-3CE1-4A36-BE7D-048506E81C4A.jpeg Thanks for the add to this site.

Bought recently, my first van. Already converted and now with a diesel heater. Sorting out the rattles and fixing the minor issues, should keep me busy for a long time and stop my bank balance from growing!View attachment 192111 Thanks for the add to this site.
What is this strange concept of "a growing bank balance" you speak of? :confused:

What is this strange concept of "a growing bank balance" you speak of? :confused:
That was when I had a Volvo xc60 D4, £30 tax, £180 ins and 48mpg on a long run and goodwill for getting the EGR cooler changed (twice). The van is now my daily ride, getting about 500 to a tankful, mixed driving. That said I’m still loving it.

Reactions: CAB
A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forum. You may find your question has already been ask, so a search is always recommended.

If you wish to sell or place a wanted advert within our classified sub-forum, then you’ll need to upgrade your free account to a VIP account by clicking here.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.
New member here had a good look round even asked a couple of questions to some people ….
Enjoying reading so much good content…
Had my t6.1 for 10 months now and loving all things VDUB

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forum. You may find your question has already been ask, so a search is always recommended.

If you wish to sell or place a wanted advert within our classified sub-forum, then you’ll need to upgrade your free account to a VIP account by clicking here.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.
Hello
I am looking to buy a t6.1 conversion, i like the swamper look.
Could i have members views and thoughts regarding 90 or 110bhp.

Reactions: CAB
Hello
Difficult question to answer, as it depends on your driving style and expectations.
We have a 2023 SWB 110bhp t6.1 camper and it drives well; doesn’t feel underpowered, cruises on the motorway without problem, overtakes fine and returns mid 40’s mpg. More torque than our petrol car, which helps with pulling away.
Currently on standard factory suspension and factory 16” alloys. Will be changing that at some point, but no rush.
You do find you work up through the gears quite quickly.
However, our driving style is we aren’t in any rush; we get there when we get there; it’s a camper not a performance vehicle.
Love driving it and prefer it to the car.
Best thing to do is do a few test drives to see for yourself.

Hello
Hi & welcome to the forum.

Personally, I'd discount the 90bhp option for a camper due to the additional weight involved, but we're all different and there's no "wrong decision" here. If you go for the 110bhp, my advice would be to go for a 6-speed rather than a 5-speed manual - you'll appreciate the more refined cruising experience that the taller gearing will provide..

Hi all readers,
I justed signed up as new member. I bought my T6 (from 2016) in 2022 and hope to learn a lot here.
In the past (the 90's) I had a T4 and liked it a lot. But my T6 has a lot more options.
Especially I like the ACC and the 4motion..
When I bought the van, it was fitted with low-profile tires and and a lowered suspension.
Both are useless when you plan to go off-road sometimes. Now I have the standard suspension with 215/70R16.
Sofar no probs in the (mild) dirt.
At the moment I am busy to convert it into a camper. Hoping that the dutch RDW are not to strict with me.
cross my fingers, check is on march 23rd.
all the best from the Netherlands.
Yes, the RDW approved my camper.
Now the rest (roof, 2nd bed, fridge, electracal stuff,...etc....)
greetings
Jan

Back