Welcome new members

Hi everyone just sold my t5.1 camper 102 and finally got myself a nice t6 indium grey dsg 150 shuttle which I’m amazed at how good it feels compared to previous van just loads more power and loving it.
ordered some bits so the upgrades can begin,van booked in for window tints and debating between 19s or 20s alloys going to be my daily so want comfort also do I lower?
thanks Paul

Enjoy :waving: Hope you have a heater:oops:
Thank you for your responses .. We had a great time, slept downstairs with the pop up, in the up position. I wasn’t sure how to gauge how much water I should put in, so I just put in enough for a test. Unknown to me, there is an electronic panel on the inside which indicates how much water you have..! It’s a Denby kit out, and to be honest the rock and roll pull out bed was perfect. We had some mattresses, which were recommended and were ideal. The comment about the heater made me chuckle, yes we had an electric blower, and it was ideal. I was surprised on how it retained the heat. Overall experience was brilliant and we are looking forward to our next adventure. I emptied the tank underneath the vehicle, small blue tap, which was ok. I did notice there was a long tank which had a connecting pipe to another smaller tank, I assume there’s two water tanks? Is this normal. It’s ok if you dont have an answer, I’ll ask another happy camper when we get back onto a campsite. Steve

Thank you for your responses .. We had a great time, slept downstairs with the pop up, in the up position. I wasn’t sure how to gauge how much water I should put in, so I just put in enough for a test. Unknown to me, there is an electronic panel on the inside which indicates how much water you have..! It’s a Denby kit out, and to be honest the rock and roll pull out bed was perfect. We had some mattresses, which were recommended and were ideal. The comment about the heater made me chuckle, yes we had an electric blower, and it was ideal. I was surprised on how it retained the heat. Overall experience was brilliant and we are looking forward to our next adventure. I emptied the tank underneath the vehicle, small blue tap, which was ok. I did notice there was a long tank which had a connecting pipe to another smaller tank, I assume there’s two water tanks? Is this normal. It’s ok if you dont have an answer, I’ll ask another happy camper when we get back onto a campsite. Steve
The campervan bug gets under your skin - pleased you enjoyed your first outing. :thumbsup:

Hello all,

I bought a Caravelle last week - a 2016 Exec with the 200bhp engine and DSG box. Even though it came from a dealer, it's a bit scruffy, so I will be attending to a few jobs to get it where I want it. The first bodge I came across was the driver's armrest. It broke as I drove the car home. Closer investigation revealed that someone thought a screw was a suitable replacement for the block of metal that sheared off the bushing:
tempImagemdXkZo.png
I had to grind the screw tip down with a die grinder to get to the triple-square bolt. A new bush is on its way.

I'm also missing a rear washer jet and cap:
tempImageUFnwuM.jpg

It has been reversed into a post at some point, and a poor job made of fixing the rear bumper:
tempImageyqd1Cc.png
Handily, a fellow T6 member is giving away a rear bumper which I'll have sprayed and will then swap over.

The van also has Van Slam coilovers fitted; the ride is quite choppy so I will be replacing them with standard suspension, again (hopefully) donated by a kind forum member.

Looks great from the ten-yard view...
tempImageRmCbaz.png

Cheers,
Steve

I did notice there was a long tank which had a connecting pipe to another smaller tank, I assume there’s two water tanks? Is this normal. It’s ok if you dont have an answer, I’ll ask another happy camper when we get back onto a campsite. Steve
If it is under the driver side, then yes, CAK tanks offer a twin-tank setup to make best use of the space, which is used by many convertors.

Hi everyone
Today I ordered a California Ocean and will be parting with a shedload of money in exchange! Having been a camper and caravaner all my life I hope this adventure goes well and adds to my enjoyment of the great outdoors. Joining the forum will add to my information in getting the most out of this ie buying stuff that’s been bought and used by people who use it and therefore their recommendations carry Kudos with me, using sites and routes that have been tested, getting the most out of my vehicle. Happy days.

Hi! How are you? I'm talking about Brazil, where unfortunately we don't have VW vans, there are Mercedes-Benz, Ford, Fiat, Renout, Pegeout, Citroen, why vw? why?
i have a 2017 jetta 2.0 tsi and got here via the mib2 update post. I have a sprinter for work too! So i like. Nice to meet you gentlemen!

Morning, Our 1st post as a new member. Daisy is the name we have given to our 2016 LWB T6. Just purchased, hope to have lots of fun this year. 3 mods on the horizon soon hopefully :-

1. Plumb the sink to a underslung fresh water tank and grey waste to a tap outside
2. Get a 2kw Diesel Heater installed
3. Fit a solar panel

Will search the forums for advice.

Happy to be here

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I've just put a order in for a a new T6.1 Cali so if anyone has any information about making the lane assist a active lane guidance I'd be very appreciative :)

Reactions: CAB
Back