Welcome new members

It is Candy White
Really? I was 95% convinced you'd say Ascot Grey. :D

I do like AG, but was put-off because I couldn't distinguish between AG and CW unless they were side-by-side (as I've just demonstrated :rolleyes:).

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Hi newbie first post, (Burnley) I have been reading the forum for a few months to get a better understanding of the vehicle and the community of owners (you all seem a decent bunch of people) I eventually decided to bite the bullet and purchase my first van. I pick it up tomorrow lunch time private sale wasn't used as a work van. (nervous as I have never driven anything this big) Long wheel base landrovers with trailers in the army was the biggest I have driven and that was a very long time ago.
It's a 2018 T6 LWB 204 DSG 4 motion 30K mileage that has had a day van conversion at Experia. It will be my daily drive and short commute to work so may have to include an odd motorway blast on a weekly basis. I have two large Rhodesian Ridgebacks,my first purchase will be some type of dog crate for each dog, liking the fabric ones with frame. I go scuba diving mainly Capenwray most weekends and holidaying with the wife and two kids. My BWM 335D X Drive touring wasn't big enough for family days out, neither was the wife's Hyundai Santa FE 7 seater . The dogs take up the complete boot space. I will miss the power and speed of the BMW when I sell it. but needs must. (I am already tempted for a Pendle map as its only in the next town to me. TBH I am excited about van ownership. It has a massive list of factory fitted extras and an impressive list done from new at the converters 20 inch alloys, lowered 40mm , fully insulated lined etc,LED interior lighting, leisure battery, tow bar, Webasto heater, media, etc and I plan to keep it as a day van for the time being. I have the auto electron coming next week to remove and refit my wired in dash cams think ware 800 pro and Ghost 2 immobilisers, plus fit a cat5 tracker.
I used to be heavily involved in Japanese imported cars (JDM) and loved modding the car and going on meets etc. I organised numerous tours for the owners clubs around Europe through the Alps, Nurburgring, all the cols and passes in the Alps, route Napoleon. Monaco, stelvio pass, Amalfi coast. Sicily, Malta Switzerland France Germany, Slovakia, Austria and many more European destinations. The VW community has plenty of meets which ticked boxes for me when deciding. My other passion is raving 90's music , I see various festivals are on offer.
I hope to become an active member on here and join in the discussions.
thank you for accepting my request to join

4512113B-6AD7-4695-AE38-DBC7B1B11F6B.jpg

@Turbo5, welcome - glad we managed to pull the wool over your eyes re being a decent bunch ;)

Last edited:
Hi newbie first post, (Burnley) I have been reading the forum for a few months to get a better understanding of the vehicle and the community of owners (you all seem a decent bunch of people) I eventually decided to bite the bullet and purchase my first van. I pick it up tomorrow lunch time private sale wasn't used as a work van. (nervous as I have never driven anything this big) Long wheel base landrovers with trailers in the army was the biggest I have driven and that was a very long time ago.
It's a 2018 T6 LWB 204 DSG 4 motion 30K mileage that has had a day van conversion at Experia. It will be my daily drive and short commute to work so may have to include an odd motorway blast on a weekly basis. I have two large Rhodesian Ridgebacks,my first purchase will be some type of dog crate for each dog, liking the fabric ones with frame. I go scuba diving mainly Capenwray most weekends and holidaying with the wife and two kids. My BWM 335D X Drive touring wasn't big enough for family days out, neither was the wife's Hyundai Santa FE 7 seater . The dogs take up the complete boot space. I will miss the power and speed of the BMW when I sell it. but needs must. (I am already tempted for a Pendle map as its only in the next town to me. TBH I am excited about van ownership. It has a massive list of factory fitted extras and an impressive list done from new at the converters 20 inch alloys, lowered 40mm , fully insulated lined etc,LED interior lighting, leisure battery, tow bar, Webasto heater, media, etc and I plan to keep it as a day van for the time being. I have the auto electron coming next week to remove and refit my wired in dash cams think ware 800 pro and Ghost 2 immobilisers, plus fit a cat5 tracker.
I used to be heavily involved in Japanese imported cars (JDM) and loved modding the car and going on meets etc. I organised numerous tours for the owners clubs around Europe through the Alps, Nurburgring, all the cols and passes in the Alps, route Napoleon. Monaco, stelvio pass, Amalfi coast. Sicily, Malta Switzerland France Germany, Slovakia, Austria and many more European destinations. The VW community has plenty of meets which ticked boxes for me when deciding. My other passion is raving 90's music , I see various festivals are on offer.

View attachment 163070
Great color black, sold mine a few weeks ago, going grey this time…black is a bitch to keep looking clean

Great color black, sold mine a few weeks ago, going grey this time…black is a bitch to keep looking clean
I used to have a black civic type R
It was hell to keep clean and avoid swirls

View attachment 163070

View attachment 163070

02D2ED0F-DD03-41B2-817D-B9D6B957AF89.jpeg

BB104F37-4C00-41D4-8B79-872D7DB25E29.jpeg

C14831EE-EB53-421A-BDFF-3FFA018A5D5E.jpeg

Hi All,

Just joined and I’m about to pick up my T6 on Tuesday.

It’s been a journey to say the least. I’d sat in a BMW 320 estate for 8 years and upgraded to a 430 gran coupe(awesome motor and I loved it). But I’d always wanted a T2 bay window. So off went the 430 and I eventually found a fully restored U.K. T2 of which was a dream to own, I also got myself a mk3 focus ST3 to run around in(damn thirsty that thing!).
BUT….. I didn’t like taking the bay window out in the rain, I didn’t like to go camping in her and I lost the use of the garage, so I sold her 2 months ago along with the petrol guzzling ST. Which brings me to the here and now.
After quite literally 2 months of searching, I’ve seen 8 vans and almost bought one of them but I talked myself out of it (mileage was star ship enterprise stuff). I’m glad I held off as I found my new machine which as I mentioned earlier I’m collecting on Tuesday and having a little adventure in it straight away. Can’t wait to get started on a few bits and bobs on the new van, starting with a starlight roof lining, some new wheels, some subtle ICE and de badging.

Yes I’m probably mad getting rid of the Bay, but I’m actually relived and it’s something I’ve ticked off the bucket list. Now it’s time to explore

FF8821F1-020A-4854-8C74-A88E2BD159AC.jpeg

0A485DED-EEE4-4BD0-8BEE-CB9ACE2D070F.jpeg

2ED64CC0-A6F4-4F07-8B74-4AA0A27DEBB8.jpeg

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forum. You may find your question has already been ask, so a search is always recommended.

If you wish to sell or place a wanted advert within our classified sub-forum, then you’ll need to upgrade your free account to a VIP account by clicking here.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.
Hello, here’s my on going project! tailgate conversion next

3FB9084A-7FFF-4FB4-9967-23805348A06E.jpeg

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forum. You may find your question has already been ask, so a search is always recommended.

If you wish to sell or place a wanted advert within our classified sub-forum, then you’ll need to upgrade your free account to a VIP account by clicking here.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.
Hi Pauly

Hi Pauly I have not currently not got a be at the moment but looking round for a vw camper t6 for next, but not sure whether to get a factory one or by a vw van and have it designed to how we want it?

Hi Pauly I have not currently not got a be at the moment but looking round for a vw camper t6 for next, but not sure whether to get a factory one or by a vw van and have it designed to how we want it?
Welcome to the forum @Winks. Personally, I'd go for a custom conversion every time. Only go for the Cali if the guy sat at his desk in Wolfsburg has somehow, miraculously anticipated the setup that perfectly matches your needs. ;)

Hi! So I've been in and out of this forum for a couple of months now. But decided to join as I'm finding some really useful stuff here!!

PXL_20220707_165730989.MP.jpg

So this my steed. My girls call her "Black Panther". She's a 2020 T6.1. Transporter T30 150PS Highline. She's had a camper converted by Bristol Campers (can't take credit for this!!), and we picked her up back in January 2022. Even though she is a 4-berth camper she has 6 (including the driver) travel seats as she replaced my old Touran and an old caravan that were both turning into money pits so she does have some family duties as well as being a holiday home!! So apologise for the mess she's in, she's due a deep clean on the weekend...as you can see she hasn't been bought to look at. We have had many adventures already around the south and west of the UK plus a trip to Shrewsbury!! We shall be venturing over to Spain in August for a 2 week camping holiday which should be fun! There's a couple of small jobs to do prior to that trip...there's a belly pan over the fuel tank (?) that needs to be tucked in and I'm thinking that the ride hide needs a little adjustment as I don't want her bottoming out on the arches when we're loaded with 2 weeks of holiday "stuff"!! Anyway hello all!!

Hi! So I've been in and out of this forum for a couple of months now. But decided to join as I'm finding some really useful stuff here!!

View attachment 163900

So this my steed. My girls call her "Black Panther". She's a 2020 T6.1. Transporter T30 150PS Highline. She's had a camper converted by Bristol Campers (can't take credit for this!!), and we picked her up back in January 2022. Even though she is a 4-berth camper she has 6 (including the driver) travel seats as she replaced my old Touran and an old caravan that were both turning into money pits so she does have some family duties as well as being a holiday home!! So apologise for the mess she's in, she's due a deep clean on the weekend...as you can see she hasn't been bought to look at. We have had many adventures already around the south and west of the UK plus a trip to Shrewsbury!! We shall be venturing over to Spain in August for a 2 week camping holiday which should be fun! There's a couple of small jobs to do prior to that trip...there's a belly pan over the fuel tank (?) that needs to be tucked in and I'm thinking that the ride hide needs a little adjustment as I don't want her bottoming out on the arches when we're loaded with 2 weeks of holiday "stuff"!! Anyway hello all!!
Welcome to the forum. Don't apologise for the state of the van, they are for using!

@The Van Cave is not too far from you and can transform your ride while sorting the suspension.

Hi all!

Very new to the vanlife, due to pick up a Bamboo Green TSI (not ready to jump to diesel coming from a RS3!) in a few weeks time! Here’s a pic of the beaut. Any advice will be welcome as this is a new adventure for us

View attachment 164395

View attachment 164396

View attachment 164397

View attachment 164398
Hi Harry,

Welcome to the club . I’m sure you’ll soon forget your RS3. As much as it’s rapid, you can’t rock up and set up camp as comfortable as your new van will .

Advice, if it’s about camping then get yourself a Mattress topper for your bed, a 25m hook up cable, a windscreen blackout blind and a fan for this heatwave . We’ve just done our first VW event and it was awesome, so book yourself into one for next year as most are probably sold out this year

3782A91F-A8F0-46EB-896E-E2F3F6CBC9A3.jpeg

3534D1A7-00A1-4DF7-BCE9-DDCCE64FC12E.jpeg

897EBDD5-09A8-4D74-8573-3CF894DF0397.jpeg

Long time lurker first post.

Not new to VW vans, VW forums or the VW scene, having had T2, T5 Velle, T5.1 combi & Currently a High spec T6 Cali Beach (7 seat) for the last 4 years.

The Beach has had a lot of warranty work carried out ranging from:
Trim issues to HPFP & common rail and fuel line replacement, Crank case seals (both), EGR pipe upgrade following engine management light (EGR low flow) , steering column replaced, Starter battery failed/ replaced, idler tensioner, numerous roof seals, burnt out alternator, etc etc etc fortunately I bought the factory extended warranty so the Damage to my wallet has been minimal to date, so the learning curve has not been too painful to date, but quite frustrating at times.

Lightly modded styling to the van includes a subtle blue trim theme, full leather retrim, retro fit of OEM T6.1 upper bed (replaced the standard wooden sprung bed)- photo below.

Active member on the California forum with regular “lurker” visits here , hopefully i can contribute here as well in future.

great Forum and resource.

Here are a couple of customary photos.

08AF6A6E-3DBB-47E6-9FAE-CD74FCDD2D20.jpeg

6E936CE2-5154-4EB0-8D09-CB735FD313F1.jpeg

8E5168F3-7948-459B-812B-B174B5C23420.jpeg

DC7C193A-823F-424D-A540-F80B99D71E4F.jpeg

Long time lurker first post.

Not new to VW vans, VW forums or the VW scene, having had T2, T5 Velle, T5.1 combi & Currently a High spec T6 Cali Beach (7 seat) for the last 4 years.

The Beach has had a lot of warranty work carried out ranging from:
Trim issues to HPFP & common rail and fuel line replacement, Crank case seals (both), EGR pipe upgrade following engine management light (EGR low flow) , steering column replaced, Starter battery failed/ replaced, idler tensioner, numerous roof seals, burnt out alternator, etc etc etc fortunately I bought the factory extended warranty so the Damage to my wallet has been minimal to date, so the learning curve has not been too painful to date, but quite frustrating at times.

Lightly modded styling to the van includes a subtle blue trim theme, full leather retrim, retro fit of OEM T6.1 upper bed (replaced the standard wooden sprung bed)- photo below.

Active member on the California forum with regular “lurker” visits here , hopefully i can contribute here as well in future.

great Forum and resource.

Here are a couple of customary photos.

View attachment 164626

View attachment 164627

View attachment 164628

View attachment 164629
Nice, and welcome. We're picking up our 2017 day van conversion in a couple of weeks. It comes with a 6 month warranty, thinking we should go for the extended warranty.

Back