Welcome new members

Hello everyone

After driving Passats for 16 years I decided to buy a T6 workvan with 120k on the clock with the intention of converting to a camper.

My wife is not happy, my children are not impressed. In my defence I always wanted to do this, the van is clean with FSH and a nice new van is out of my budget.

I have had a look at several threads and you lot seem to know your stuff, looking forward to the experience.

Gary

View attachment 155891

View attachment 155892

View attachment 155893

View attachment 155894
Welcome to the forum and congrats on a great decision. :thumbsup:

Once the conversion starts to take shape, I'm sure you'll win-over the family.

Are you planning to convert yourself, or get the pros involved?

Bit of both, I'm happy to do the soundproofing, insulation ply and carpet.
Electrical and gas fitting I will handover to the pros.

For quality finish, safety and peace of mind I am leaning towards the pros also, hard to know who to go to though.

Bit of both, I'm happy to do the soundproofing, insulation ply and carpet.
Electrical and gas fitting I will handover to the pros.

For quality finish, safety and peace of mind I am leaning towards the pros also, hard to know who to go to though.
I guess logistics limits you to pros in NI, or maybe ROI also(?). Either way, I'm afraid I can't help with recommendations. If you post in the right area of the forum though, I'm sure someone will be able to suggest companies.

Enjoy the experience and take on board the abundance of knowledge and know-how on here.

Just had my second outing in my newly converted van. Joined as every time I ask a question of good old Google this forum is always in the list...... Looking forward to hearing all the advice

Hi all, found this forum after searching for T6.1 information. Looks very interesting and informative! My wife and I own a Oct 2020 T6.1 converted to a camper (converted by Denby campervans in Leek).... and already found it subject to a recall! Thankfully still under warranty... and today I found the aircon/climate control temperature selection not responding. Sounds like quite a common problem, but I'll post the thread that relates to that issue...
Glad to have found this forum though, it looks like the right place to be!

Reactions: CAB
Hi Camper Driver what is the recall? as I have a T6.1 too.

John.
It's related to the front door "bowden" cables, they're part of the opening & closing mechanism? It's recall number 57i1. I had mine freeze up a while back and couldn't shut the driver's door, and according to the recall it could cause the doors to be not locked or even pop open while driving when it's minus temperatures outside!
I'm trying to get it booked in, along with the recent fault of the internal temperature selector not working. Pain in the butt but under warranty thankfully.
I found a thread about the temperature selector T6.1 Heater blowing Hot-Air only and I bet there's loads on the bowden cable as it's a safety recall.
Given the amount of reports about the aircon thing I reckon that should be recalled too, but that's another story (and thread!) :)

Thank you I bought my T6.1 last November new and I’ve had no trouble with the door locking.

John.
Hopefully if it was new in November it will have been built with the new kit so the issue won't exist, fingers crossed! Ours was Oct 2020 so only 11 months old when we bought it as a newly converted camper. Hopefully we'll get the couple of things done and put the issues behind us. We're really loving the camper, it's exactly what we'd been planning for years!

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forum. You may find your question has already been ask, so a search is always recommended.

If you wish to sell or place a wanted advert within our classified sub-forum, then you’ll need to upgrade your free account to a VIP account by clicking here.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.
Hi Pauly and everyone else,
We bought our T6 Ocean diesel in winter 2019 from a letting business. It had only 3000 Km and was new in May of that year.
So far we love it. I have some complaints and useful maintenance tips that I have picked up along the way.

I hope to share with you anything useful to keep things running and cost manageable. However, reading the quality of the post so far sets the hurdle high for my contribution. I am so pleased to have stumbled on this forum.

Paul

P.S.
Live in Switzerland and travel a lot in Italy, France and Germany.
Planning to spend summer in UK with my wife, dog and LHD camper.

Hi Pauly and everyone else,
We bought our T6 Ocean diesel in winter 2019 from a letting business. It had only 3000 Km and was new in May of that year.
So far we love it. I have some complaints and useful maintenance tips that I have picked up along the way.

I hope to share with you anything useful to keep things running and cost manageable. However, reading the quality of the post so far sets the hurdle high for my contribution. I am so pleased to have stumbled on this forum.

Paul

P.S.
Live in Switzerland and travel a lot in Italy, France and Germany.
Planning to spend summer in UK with my wife, dog and LHD camper.
Be sure to wave:waving:

Back